• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing against Jiggly?

XOSugar

Smash Cadet
Jiggly has been the bane of my Smash career since Melee. I don't know how to engage. Every time I try, she weaves out and punishes quickly. If I try to play defensively, they'll just sit in the corner and the match will go nowhere.

How do you play against her?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
@ Hameed Ziabari Hameed Ziabari No, he can ask us here too.

So, you main bowser right? There actually aren't many bowsers that I've played, but I think bowser, for being heavy, can be stringed to hell, so you need to act fast in moments like those. On the other hand, bowser is ridiculously powerful and makes KOs look easy. This makes up for his weakness.

Jiggs is lightweight, and she needs to be super careful, which is why you find it difficult to approach. They will stay patient at all times and find an open spot. Bowser has a lot of powerful moves that leaves him vulnerable after, such as fsmash, upsmash, nair, even his dash attack.

The best option is to bait it, pressure her and make walls as lagless as possible. Be patient. Use your upsmash on the ground if she tries to roll right to you, but you need to expect it. Shorthop fair? utilt that. If she attacks you, shield and punish. You can play just like jiggs can in the MU. In fact, most MUs consist of this, imo.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
The main problem JIggly has against Bowser is that Bowser can literally kill her at like 35% if she isn't careful.

I'd think being patient as well, and trying to read your opponent, would score you the win. No jiggly feels safe playing against power characters.

We'd rather play against the combo-y characters cuz they can't combo us.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
The main problem JIggly has against Bowser is that Bowser can literally kill her at like 35% if she isn't careful.

I'd think being patient as well, and trying to read your opponent, would score you the win. No jiggly feels safe playing against power characters.

We'd rather play against the combo-y characters cuz they can't combo us.
Shout outs to my man DL :D

The thing about jiggy is, she's strong, but she's a glass cannon. Now with Bowser's increased speed, he has all the tools to pressure her in all the right ways. Jigglypuff just seems to fall apart against Bowser (and against projectile campers, but that's beside the point)

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Shout outs to my man DL :D

The thing about jiggy is, she's strong, but she's a glass cannon. Now with Bowser's increased speed, he has all the tools to pressure her in all the right ways. Jigglypuff just seems to fall apart against Bowser (and against projectile campers, but that's beside the point)
I would disagree, bowser has issues against puff due o lack of aerial priority, and the only move to guard him at Head level is F-tilt and up snash, both have crazy end lag. Any Jigglypuff that knows how to space won't fall apart.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I would disagree, bowser has issues against puff due o lack of aerial priority, and the only move to guard him at Head level is F-tilt and up snash, both have crazy end lag. Any Jigglypuff that knows how to space won't fall apart.
Since when does Bowser's ftilt have a lot of endlag?

And doesn't his fair actually have like, a lot of priority?

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Jigglypuff does fine against Bowser and all aerials have the same priority basically. People use the term priority incorrectly.

If she's turtling, just try to corner her if possible. If she still does it when you have the lead, sit back and wait for time to run out.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
His fair is almost like marth's and his f tilt isn't very laggy at all. Plus he has his super fast jab, and his dash grab. Add that to his crazy OOS options (both up b and down b included) and crazy killpower, and you have a hard MU for jiggs.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
His fair is almost like marth's and his f tilt isn't very laggy at all. Plus he has his super fast jab, and his dash grab. Add that to his crazy OOS options (both up b and down b included) and crazy killpower, and you have a hard MU for jiggs.
Bowsers jab isn't super fast, it hits frame 7 which is below average. Puffs jab hits frame 5 and even hers is average speed at best.

Bowsers fair is nothing like Marths. Marths has far more disjoint, assuming Bowsers even has any and Bowsers fair has almost double the startup time as Marths. Also its not even too strong relative to the rest of his moveset. It has about the same KO potential as Jigglypuffs nair, which comes out in almost half the time I might add.

His ftilt is slower than most of Puffs tilts and aerials and is laggy enough to where you can't just throw it out. Its best used as a counterhitting move and at neutral.

Whirling fortress is a decent punish out of shield, but its easily spaced around and punished hard if baited, if she can do it to moves like screw attack and Marios usmash she can do it to fortress.

Down B? I'm not sure if you can do it out of shield, if you can that's news to me, unless you mean jumping first and using it which doesn't seem very good.

His dash grab is good, however his regular grab is slow and you can crouch under both as Puff.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Bowsers jab isn't super fast, it hits frame 7 which is below average. Puffs jab hits frame 5 and even hers is average speed at best.

Bowsers fair is nothing like Marths. Marths has far more disjoint, assuming Bowsers even has any and Bowsers fair has almost double the startup time as Marths. Also its not even too strong relative to the rest of his moveset. It has about the same KO potential as Jigglypuffs nair, which comes out in almost half the time I might add.

His ftilt is slower than most of Puffs tilts and aerials and is laggy enough to where you can't just throw it out. Its best used as a counterhitting move and at neutral.

Whirling fortress is a decent punish out of shield, but its easily spaced around and punished hard if baited, if she can do it to moves like screw attack and Marios usmash she can do it to fortress.

Down B? I'm not sure if you can do it out of shield, if you can that's news to me, unless you mean jumping first and using it which doesn't seem very good.

His dash grab is good, however his regular grab is slow and you can crouch under both as Puff.
I meant shield drop > down b. The first hit links to the second.

XOSugar

Smash Cadet
@ Hameed Ziabari Hameed Ziabari No, he can ask us here too.

So, you main bowser right? There actually aren't many bowsers that I've played, but I think bowser, for being heavy, can be stringed to hell, so you need to act fast in moments like those. On the other hand, bowser is ridiculously powerful and makes KOs look easy. This makes up for his weakness.

Jiggs is lightweight, and she needs to be super careful, which is why you find it difficult to approach. They will stay patient at all times and find an open spot. Bowser has a lot of powerful moves that leaves him vulnerable after, such as fsmash, upsmash, nair, even his dash attack.

The best option is to bait it, pressure her and make walls as lagless as possible. Be patient. Use your upsmash on the ground if she tries to roll right to you, but you need to expect it. Shorthop fair? utilt that. If she attacks you, shield and punish. You can play just like jiggs can in the MU. In fact, most MUs consist of this, imo.
I actually have no problem against the wall. I can just DI down or wait until I'm really low to jump again. It's onstage engaging that I have problems with. Her aerial game is strong, and most Jiggly's I've played will not attack unless I do first. Every now and then I get a surprise Up-B in for 18%, but for the most part she's safe. She just floats in and out, and if I attack, she comes back in and punishes.

And it's not just with Bowser. It's literally everyone I've ever played with in my entire Smash career.

Last edited:
Top Bottom