• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Players who taunt after you SD

JS.

Smash Cadet
NNID
JulianJJS
3DS FC
2337-5516-6874
Do you guys ever just get annoyed with this? I've had these kinds of people a lot over the past few days on for glory and what I do is taunt back. What do you guys do when people taunt after a SD?

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
Charge FLUDD and get back to fighting.

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Has anyone been finding anyone good on FG lately? I've played like 50 matches in a row and all I have fought all day are spammers who taunt and teabag or intermediate players (who probably read SB a little judging by their styles) who are some of the lowest trash I have met.

I like playing intermediate players that are my level, but when I say 50 matches in a row with obnoxious trash (teabagging, taunting when they knock you off the stage but don't kill you, taunting when you SD after a lag spike, re matching you and playing spammy Villager/Rosalina/Samus...), I am not exaggerating.

It's getting really discouraging. I haven't met a single decent individual in all of my playing the last two days.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Has anyone been finding anyone good on FG lately? I've played like 50 matches in a row and all I have fought all day are spammers who taunt and teabag or intermediate players (who probably read SB a little judging by their styles) who are some of the lowest trash I have met.

I like playing intermediate players that are my level, but when I say 50 matches in a row with obnoxious trash (teabagging, taunting when they knock you off the stage but don't kill you, taunting when you SD after a lag spike, re matching you and playing spammy Villager/Rosalina/Samus...), I am not exaggerating.

It's getting really discouraging. I haven't met a single decent individual in all of my playing the last two days.
Oh buddy, I can relate to that. It's why I'm deciding whether or not to just fight people on Smashboards instead.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I taunt if somebody dies. Not my fault if I taunt when they sd, I just do it when they die by instinct.

I really die probably annoy the crap out of players. I use down + side taunt when I KO, which probably annoys the crap out of some people. Since I main Kirby. KIRBY.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Funnily enough, this just happened to me today. My opponent did something awkward at the edge of the stage with Donkey Kong and ended up dying. Since I had already played two matches with this person already and was aware of what they were capable of and knew they just made a dumb slip up, I SD'd as well.

Then they taunted and stood still at the edge for a bit so I figured it was safe to sort of taunt back. I guess in this case it was kind of obvious the taunt wasn't malicious. Even more so when we got back to the character select screen I was greeted with tags of, 'TY!' and 'Honor!' lol.

That was a bit surprising. It was the first time I ever got 'acknowledged' for SD'ing in that type scenario.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I usually only taunt for two reasons;
The 1st reason is if something funny happens in game.
The 2nd and a bit more unhealthy reason is if I'm just racking up on KOs and I haven't died yet.

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Not really, I don't generally taunt but I'll always taunt back if they do first.

Best one I ever had was when I accidentally used agility the wrong way because of lag, so I SD'd, then he "teabagged" me, legit just kept squatting. As soon as I recover, smash attack and he dies instantly after. epic.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman

Tons of good people actually, Ever since I hit the 68% mark onwards of win rate I have been getting consistently good player on FG with the ocassional scrubs. Maybe you got blacklisted or reported by too many people? I have seen people that suddenly start only getting matches with very douchy players but hasnt happened to me.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Tons of good people actually, Ever since I hit the 68% mark onwards of win rate I have been getting consistently good player on FG with the ocassional scrubs. Maybe you got blacklisted or reported by too many people? I have seen people that suddenly start only getting matches with very douchy players but hasnt happened to me.
I've played FG since release and I'm at 70%. No reason people would report me. I used to play good players all the time but in the last week I have only gotten trash.

Top Bottom