• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Player behavior in For Fun online?

Galix9612

Smash Rookie
I run into these issues all the time while trying to play online:

I get into a 4 person match with 3 others already queued up. All characters seem like either pros or straight bots; jumping in place erratically, spamming moves when no one's around, perfect dodging, etc.

Now, I know there are really good players online, and I'm not one of them, but it feels like once the fight starts, all 3 gang up on me instead of fighting each other.

Is this just me, or are there some people that play this way online?

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
If you're experiencing that kind of behavior Online then you are experiencing a thing called a "Taunt Party".

For Fun is plagued with them, and unfortunately I've noticed they've even stretched into 4 Player For Glory too. Those are not bots, those are just people doing very random things for whatever reason they have. If you try to fight during a Taunt Party everyone will target you without question because you're ruining it for them. Sadly, there's just not too much you can do about this issue.

Sometimes it's wise to just last the match and then leave. If you want to be truly evil and feel confident, fight them during Sudden Death and leave afterwards if you want. Other than that, you can always report and even block players you find in Taunt Parties.

The bad news about that though is even if you did that you'd continually end up in more and more Taunt Parties regardless.

Personally I don't have too big of a deal with them. I don't exactly like it when everyone feels compelled to 3V1 someone but I can't necessarily control what people do. I do however understand a lot of people loathe them with a severe passion. It's understandable.

Sometimes it's best to avoid For Fun altogether if you don't feel like putting up with it. It sucks, but there's not much you can do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom