• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Played as Bowser yesterday...

sahilio

Smash Cadet
I have the full game, in Japanese of course.

Bowser is prettttty amazing. His color scheme (bling) is actually REALLY cool.
He does not have much lag at all on his moves and he is noticeably faster.

The Brawl Bowser would most likely end up being high tier for that matter, although! the only problem I am afraid of is....against off-stage fighters like meta knight and pit. Bowser's recovery is OK, but if he gets the smack down on him once, he will sink like no other.

e319

Smash Apprentice
Man I can't wait to be Bowser, hope he's in the higher middle tier...

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I'm not worried. My Bowser had pretty flawless recovery game in Melee. I'll adapt and make my Brawl version flawless as well.

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
I might even pick him up as a secondary if he has improved a fair bit... because he is sort of cool. And the new color is amazing.

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
Bowser may have been buffed immensely, but think about the other characters. Marth, for instance. :urg:

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
Bowsercide also brings him up above other characters considered the same tier as him. Bowser xould have 999% and they could have 0% one side B off a cliff instantly evens the score...

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
I think his b-air will only be used in air to air combat mostly. It still has extreme lag and no l-cancel to counter its effects.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Bowser not being able to L-cancel his B-air is extremely frustrating.

Bowser is still terrible as I had a terrible time against KoreanDJ's marth and Falco

Bowser is more about spacing tilts and forward airs then ever before it seems.

Space well Bowser mains

SHUCKLE MAN

Smash Cadet
Everyone's saying that Bowser has been greatly improved, but I'll guess we'll have to wait an see.

Hopefully someone will be able to extract the game's data and get each character's statistics like they did for Melee.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Saying that bowser will be high-tier is crazy talk.

Yes, he more range and power in general, every move seems to be useful, he lives really a really long time, and his recovery has better distance. basically he's better in almost every area but his edgegame. (which, ironically, was his specialty)

But, even with all of his improvements, its nowhere near enough to put him near high-tier. He's still quite comboable (which is rare in brawl), his recovery will probably be relatively easy to gimp due to his worsened edgegame and up-b landing lag etc., and even with the added speed, he's still much slower than many of the characters... I predict that bowser will be upper-low-tier; which is enough to make me joyous.

I pretty much agree with KevinM though. From my time with brawl, spacing is still a HUGE element of bowser play.

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
Bowser has always been amazing(except in Melee, IMO) and now he can truely shine as a Smash power-house.

RagingFury

Smash Rookie
From what I've heard and saw, Bowser in Brawl has a less lag on some of his moves than in Melee. I could never quite use L-Canceling, but I relied on his F-air alot. It seems less laggy, but a little less powerful this time around.

_NeXuS_

Smash Cadet
it's nice to know that bowser is a little faster and more playable in brawl. i don't tend to play with the heavys, but i'll give him a shot.

Top Bottom