• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play too much melee Ness, need some advice

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
I play melee Ness a ton when practicing melee with my friends. I play Ness in melee to practice tech skill and because he is my love, even though I main puff. However, now I'm looking to get a new main in PM because I'm tired of puff and kirby loses too many matchups hard.
When I have tried Ness in PM, I do not like him because he does not feel as fluid to me in melee and I can not get used to his rising aerials (they always screw up my djc). Is there some advice anyone can offer for trying to transfer over to PM ness.

noterday

Smash Rookie
Well the rising areals are definitely something that you should get used to because they're one of the biggest new things ness has and you can do so many things with them (and learning to djc the pm way wont hurt your melee ness).

You can look up this page on the ssb wiki for all the differences between melee ness and pm ness.

Oh and try doing stuff with the new psi magnet I guess. It helps with recovery and can be useful in combos sometimes. Like after a downthrow for exemple.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
you have to do the xxa method to djc in this game now. I'm still getting used to it. I'm nowhere near as proficient at reverse/retreating djcs as I am in melee but I am getting there. It takes time.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I play a LOT of melee ness and just switched to PM ness. The DJCs have the exact same timing to it, as long as you remember to let go of jump before pressing attack. I fell in love with PM ness cause he has all of the good things from melee plus well needed buffs, without feeling any different.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
just let go of the jump button to djc

he's still got it and he can do it even faster than in melee

Top Bottom