• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLAY ONLINE NOW AND ALL DAY

Bob

Banned via Warnings
GG. Mario feels at a big disadvantage in that matchup

Bob

Banned via Warnings
GG! I really enjoy Ganondorf and it was good to see some results from him

Bob

Banned via Warnings
That Up-Smash killed me... both literally and figuratively.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
I'll have to stop playing now. My hands are starting to hurt, but it's been some GGs!

Last edited:

Bob

Banned via Warnings
It's good to know that people still play this game, even if only a few. I honestly believe Brawl to be a better competitive game than Smash 4, and with tripping (and perhaps hitstun-cancelling) removed, the opposition would have no grounds on which to disagree.

sijon

Smash Ace
Also for anyone interested, there is an active Brawl discord server with plenty of Wiimmfi and Netplay players, including a few pros as well such as Otori, Mikeray, Seagull Joe, False and more.

https://discord.gg/2H6F75

Bob

Banned via Warnings
Also for anyone interested, there is an active Brawl discord server with plenty of Wiimmfi and Netplay players, including a few pros as well such as Otori, Mikeray, Seagull Joe, False and more.

https://discord.gg/2H6F75
I've never used Discord before. I'll read the terms of use and make a decision on joining.

sijon

Smash Ace
I've never used Discord before. I'll read the terms of use and make a decision on joining.
I use it myself, its pretty well developed and easy to use. It's like an improved version of Skype, but specialized for gaming. But yeah, up to you though, this thread already seems active enough :)

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Definitely. Any chance of seeing you back here again? How is the repair of your wii happening?
Right now, I am just checking from time to time (PMs etc) yeah you aren't the first been receiving quite a few which is fascinating) nice to see some still remember my Link despite it being Wi-Fi and what not.

Almost I'll get to it, in the meantime, keep representing Brawl <3 Have a great day all. Thanks.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
I actually fought your Link before (on FSmash) although I forgot my win/loss ratio. An ideal situation would be to at least get Brawl's playerbase to half of Smash 4's, then eventually work our way up to rival it.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I actually fought your Link before (on FSmash) although I forgot my win/loss ratio. An ideal situation would be to at least get Brawl's playerbase to half of Smash 4's, then eventually work our way up to rival it.
Really? Oh I believe you were that Metaknight player? Correct. All I remember was you enjoyed my Link and told me you haven't seen a Link know how to play like that. Idk I watched and saw you play Metaknight so meh figured (despite the slow frames causing me to mess up like always). I always thought of making a combo video, but I just don't have enough unquie deaths combos and overall techniques. I aimed for 15 of non stop ridiculous minutes that would sure be enjoyable.

Meh not enough so I just gave up (a 100% unwinnable chance). The reason why Brawl is looked upon is honestly still Metaknight that tripping is a cover up. It is still Metaknight and always will be though two years ago was when people started to figure him out (space the Nado and make sure to have more damage than him) not gonna happen towards gimping really. All it takes is caution and only that despite it being Wi-Fi I have never had a hard time with Metaknight any of them.

I learned this (MKs death damage for each one with my characters) how to actually force a Nado to punish and know to how make that Nado "safe" move very punishing for the opponent.

Ice climbers same thing I'll even challenge a Ice climber player and I have before. Once you separate the op options and realize (that can be punished) and (too obvious stop doing it) then those op options become normal. People like Salem proved it hasn't changed one bit.

And for that game it is just easier to win and not think a lot plus those "melee" combos. Sad I tell you sad but hey as long as people still play the game then who cares.

Maybe if I have time, and get back in the game, instead of using my footage for my own combo video, I will instead create a community one and ask people for clips it's the least we can do for Brawl.

Last edited:

Bob

Banned via Warnings
True. Brawl is too good a game to just let go to waste. There must be work done to revive it.

sijon

Smash Ace
I've actually gathered quite a few nice clips and am considering making a CV in the future, once I get a new PC (old one broke D: ) But I would defintely be down to send you some clips and support you if a community combo video was happening.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
What are "key_versions"? On the Wiimmfi page, multiple variations of them appear, and they seem to serve as a sort of segregation amongst players. Are these hardwired into Brawl's code, or were these deliberately inserted by Wiimm? If so, why, and how can they be circumvented?

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
sijon sijon I would appreciate that, right now my passion is Bodybuilding I have always worked out but since Brawl took a turn and college has pretty much stopped me from playing games, I transitioned to the gym 100%.

Aiming to compete natural and if I make it I will post pictures and my tests that I am 100% natural stats so forth.

But Brawl will always have a place in my heart and I'll return. Probably when I finish my last year in college. But right now my focus is the gym.

Bob Bob

You can contact the owner of the server. I believe and still remember his name on YouTube is MrBeanvrrr. And there is a website I forgot the name but I am sure Sijon knows he has been there. Enjoy your Brawls.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
I had to go take care of something. I am getting on now.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
What happened?

I've been getting this problem a lot recently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom