• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play-Asia Customers Brawl Shipment Delay

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
Prepare to be very disappointed.

"Please note that due to heavy supply cuts, Play-Asia.com cannot guarantee the shipping date of this preorder item at the moment. A large portion of preorders are likely to ship after the game's original release date some time in February. We deeply apologize for this unexpected inconvenience and will update all customers that have preordered this game on release date." - Brawl page on Play-Asia

Large supply cuts? Wasn't it speculated the reason for the delay was to get more copies? Considering I'm importing and I only placed my order recently (within the last week), I am disappointed.

Discuss.

inuyasha09

Smash Cadet
same I ordered mine ages ago and it says 24th still I hope mines gets shipped on release date....

WiiRevolution1

Smash Cadet
I ordered mine a while back and it says its still set to ship out on the 24th.

Same.

And because I was one of the first 5 to pre-order (I know this because I checked and it was'nt available to pre-order then 30 minutes later I checked and it was :D) I'm pretty sure that I won't be affected since PA goes by a "First come First serve basis"

I hope I'm not affected....ggrr...

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I ordered mine on the eleventh, hopefully fr enough in advance to get one. This is lame.

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
I ordered mine on December 5... so I really hope I get it on the release date.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Look, they said they didn't have enough copies of Brawl to ship anywhere, what makes you think Playasia got theirs ahead of everyone else? I think you shouldn't get your hopes up.

Kiri

Smash Cadet
The reason behind the delay was because the game wasn't finished.

It was NOT because of low shipping numbers...that said, starting numbers will be lower than Super Mario Galaxy, but that shouldn't be too bad. It seems that online retailers are getting shafted in favour of bricks and mortar gameshops.

Lawke

Smash Cadet
1 week in order to keep making the game? And when exactly did they get all this time to actually print the thousands of copies they need in order to meet demand?

also, i ordered from NCSX.com today and they put up this message on smash bros brawl:

"Preorders for the Japanese Wii import Dairantou Smash Brothers X received before January 21, 2008 will ship on January 31, 2008.

Update: Vendors in Japan have warned us that there might be a shortage of the game. Due to this news, preorders placed on January 20 and afterwards may not ship until the first week of February 2008. If the information turns out to be erroneous, we'll open up preorders again for the first batch of the game which is expected to arrive on January 31, 2008."

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Play-Asia probably either just buys a ****load from different stores, or has a deal cut to get some delivered to them. Either way, with so many people importing, I bet their initial stock isn't nearly that amount. Some people are just going to have to wait an extra week or two (if not more).

That's why it's best to have friends who live in Japan who can just buy the game for you :p

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
And being the responsible retailer that they are, they are still taking preorders that they cant fill, bravo.

7thFonon

Smash Apprentice
I ordered mine Nov. 20th, but hey, I've waited this long with all the delays, and as long as I get my game sometime in February, I'm good. Any more than that almost defeats the purpose of buying the japanese version... well except that I only have a japanese wii.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
I preorder my game too but from Hong Kong, hey dude one question, maybe someone here can help us with the traduction of the game, I mean, like a picture with the traduction specially for sub space emmisary and the power up sticker and obviously the menu of smash bros?? I mean, just figure out trying to guess what it says in the power up stickers! and the challenge mode (the hints for unlock items and other things)...

S2

Smash Lord
This is most likely a warning that they took too many preorders.

I'm sure they'll get some copies and many customers from play-asia will get it right away. But the warning almost gurantees that they can't meet demand so some people are going to get stuck with the second shipment.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I sent them a message regarding the delay. I put my preorder down on December 17th.

"Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

Please no worry, we will certainly ship this game 'Dairantou SmashBrothers X / Super Smash Bros. Brawl (shipping date unconfirmed)(Nintendo™ Wii Japan, NTSC J)' immediately once stocked.

Thanks for your patience with us. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Bryan
Play-Asia.com"

Also, on the Brawl page it now says "A large portion of preorders are likely to ship after the game's original release date some time in February."

From this, I think that people like me who put their preorder in early will have their copy shipped on release, whereas people who preordered more recently will have to wait until February.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Play-Asia probably either just buys a ****load from different stores, or has a deal cut to get some delivered to them. Either way, with so many people importing, I bet their initial stock isn't nearly that amount. Some people are just going to have to wait an extra week or two (if not more).

That's why it's best to have friends who live in Japan who can just buy the game for you :p
It appears a shortage is on the horizon here too. Its not out of the question. I remember the Phantom Hourglass selling out in a day, and not being available for weeks. Thats a DS game though. But there is huge buzz about Brawl, and all place stopped taking reserve orders weeks ago.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone preordered it sience they posted about the delay?
Because in my account it still says Estimated shipping date: On or before Jan 31, 2008
(I pre ordered Jan 13th)
Maybe it will say different to a more recent pre orderer?

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
From this, I think that people like me who put their preorder in early will have their copy shipped on release, whereas people who preordered more recently will have to wait until February.
This is basically the correct answer. I've done business with PA before, so this is pretty much what I came to expect.

For high profile games like this, obviously, retailers like play-asia are going to come up a bit short initially. So, from there, it's basically first come, first serve. Chances are, if you basically pre-ordered your game back in November/December (December 5th, here), you're probably a-ok.

Unfortunately, for the "Johnny-Come-Lately" types who may have done so around the beginning of the year or just recently...you may have to wait an additional week for Play-asia to re-stock the items. Sad, but it's a very real possibility...

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
When did they put the game up for preorder? I ordered it on Dec 5th... but that was the first day I saw that it was available.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Well I just sent them a email asking what the pre order cut off date is and if mine will have to wait until feb.
I think that it would only be fair that all who pre orderd before this shortage was announce got the game on the correct date. Those who pre order now that the notice is up will get it in feb.
I hope that is the way they are going to do it.. :(

Kiri

Smash Cadet
No one is going to listen to your first post without any source. Please source your things first before having someone not believe so you could bash them.
I'm not quite sure I follow.

The person I was replying to was disputing the fact of why the game was delayed. I kindly showed him to the link that explained the real reason why it was delayed in order for him to stop spouting his pointless speculation.

But from your reply to my post, I'm not sure if you agree or disagree with what I was saying :S

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I was just saying that a possible reason the guy didn't believe you was because you didn't source your first post. If you did, he may not have questioned your words.

As for my pre-order date, I did my own on Sunday January 20th so I may be a lil screwed :/

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

It was NOT because of low shipping numbers...that said, starting numbers will be lower than Super Mario Galaxy, but that shouldn't be too bad. It seems that online retailers are getting shafted in favour of bricks and mortar gameshops.
This is your first post without the source that you later mentioned in your 2nd post in the topic. I did not say your first post on smashboards or first post in this topic. I said your first post.

Kiri said:
But that was my first post.... I didn't start this thread.... >_>

May I direct you to this thread where I have a nice little rant at people like you; http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=138264
What's wrong with you? This was deconfirmed a while ago and I originally thought the person who posted it was stupid for highly believing it at all. Now I know it was you.

I just wanted you to post your source before you bash and start cursing like you did in this thread here. If someone thinks your dumb for something you said and you have to yell back at them explaining what you said wasn't dumb in a mean way then you obviously aren't communicating correctly.

Kiri

Smash Cadet
This is your first post without the source that you later mentioned in your 2nd post in the topic. I did not say your first post on smashboards or first post in this topic. I said your first post.
AH! I put my hands up. I had completely forgotten about posting that and when going through the posts did not even notice it! D:

I take back what I said and you have my utmost apologies.

What's wrong with you? This was deconfirmed a while ago and I originally thought the person who posted it was stupid for highly believing it at all. Now I know it was you.
In regards to that thread, I originally believed it to be real, but only really translated it since everyone else couldn't read it. The edit was added after a bunch of stupid comments cropped up.

Again, sorry. Lets move on...only a week to go! :3

BrianYDG

Smash Cadet
I preordered mine on the 16th of Jan. D: I hope I get a copy.

NCSX says Jan 20 is their cut-off, but does anyone know Play-Asia's?

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
the real question here is: how long into February would they have to wait to ship? if its anywhere within the first half of the month i am generally OK, but anything past the 15th and that is upsetting....

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
I preordered mine on the 16th of Jan. D: I hope I get a copy.

NCSX says Jan 20 is their cut-off, but does anyone know Play-Asia's?
They aren't going to tell us in fear of losing cusomers to other retailers is my guess.
I sent them a email asking about that and he responded:

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

We are very sorry that from current information the exact in-stock day for Dairantou Smash Brothers X in your order is not confirmed yet. We will try the best to keep in touch with supplier and ship out your order to you once the in-stock is completed. I kindly ask for your patience and you would wait for little more in this circumstance.

Besides the pre-order is still accepted by us currently.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Joe
Play-Asia.com
---------------------------

I guess a cut off date hasen't been confirmed yet, plus they are still taking pre orders if that means anything..
I hope that the date is like NCSX Jan. 20th! :) We got a 50/50 chance of getting it on the 31st or sometime in Feb. though.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it means anything, but my order still says it's shipping tomorrow. I won't hold my breath. I doubt it will even ship on the actual release date.

BrianYDG

Smash Cadet
If you want to know your queue in line, you can ask them.

Here's my e-mail.

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

From our record, you are in position 217 in the queue.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Tony
Play-Asia.com

Does anyone want to take a guess on how many copies that they are gonna get?

Brisco

Smash Rookie
217?

That seems like an awfully low number for ordering on January 16th.

They are a worldwide distributor afterall.

Top Bottom