• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platinum End Free-for-All-Mafia GAME OVER: The Big Reveal

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Players have unlimited arrows. Didn't realize that could be ambiguous but it is, my bad.

Excellent write-up.

You've got pretty much everything down except the very start, an important detail.
This is a Free for All, it's only mafia in the sense that there are votes and day/night phases.

In other words, there is no mafia and no townies.

Everyone's enemy is everyone. Cooperation only exists to help further your own victory.

The goal is to use your Red Arrows to create an unwilling alliance that outnumbers the rest of the playerbase.
Oh damn, sounds like an interesting first time for me, ha. Count me in. Just a few more questions.

So, does the game end when there is one left, or when one alliance equals half of the current number of players remaining? Like how normal Mafia wins when their numbers are half of the current players/when their numbers equal the number of the remaining Townies.

Also, with the Red Arrows, is there a 'grandfather' clause? Meaning if Player A shoots Player B with an arrow, Player B is loyal to Player A. If Player B shoots Player C with an arrow, they are loyal to Player B. But since Player B is loyal to Player A, does that essentially make Player C loyal to Player A as well?

Lastly, is it possible to betray one another? Player A shoots Player B with an arrow, can Player A betray Player B and vote for or kill them? Vice-versa?

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
So, does the game end when there is one left, or when one alliance equals half of the current number of players remaining? Like how normal Mafia wins when their numbers are half of the current players/when their numbers equal the number of the remaining Townies.
You are correct.

Lastly, is it possible to betray one another? Player A shoots Player B with an arrow, can Player A betray Player B and vote for or kill them? Vice-versa?
Players can vote for and also kill those that are in love with them. However, the opposite is not true. The effect of the Red Arrow nullifies any arrow or vote directed towards the one that shot them. Basically, it will not be counted as a valid input. They can type it in their PM or in the thread in its proper format for show, but it won't go through when the phase ends as if they had not typed anything.

I'll address the middle section in my next post I've decided. One sec.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Also, with the Red Arrows, is there a 'grandfather' clause? Meaning if Player A shoots Player B with an arrow, Player B is loyal to Player A. If Player B shoots Player C with an arrow, they are loyal to Player B. But since Player B is loyal to Player A, does that essentially make Player C loyal to Player A as well?
That is a great question, not something I clarified. Honestly my original inclination was to make it so that players are only loyal to the one they love, meaning Player B's "team" after getting struck by Player A went from 1 to 0, but when Player B struck Player C, Player B's team returned to 1.

The more I think about it though, the grandfather clause might serve to make things more interesting.

However, making this change makes another detail of the Red Arrow become a bit more impactful.

Should all players struck by a Red Arrow know who precisely hit them? Logically, and initially, I figured that of course the player would know who they are in love with, and naturally they would know towards whom their votes/arrows won't work.

Except, this causes anyone with some semblance of a following basically confirmed to die because it would be in the lover's interests to be entirely upfront about who struck them: they want that player to die after all so they can be their own player again. Making a rule where they aren't 'allowed' to say is dumb.

So should the flavor say their loved one was disguised so they aren't certain who they love, and thus the strategy of the game is trying to deduce who was the one that shot you? I think I like that idea.

D

Deleted member

So should the flavor say their loved one was disguised so they aren't certain who they love, and thus the strategy of the game is trying to deduce who was the one that shot you? I think I like that idea.
Yeah, I think that would be the best, because unless someone is willing to win while not being the team leader, everyone is going to push lynches against the ones that are controlling them.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh, sorry everyone for my absence. With AlphaSSB we've hit 13, so I can begin preparations.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
See Holder.

If you want people to play, you gotta let go of some of that dignity.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I believe I've sent out all the angel blessings. Please confirm in here to signal that you are aware and prepared for the game to commence.

For the public record, here are all the pictures used in the role PMs:

The_Angel's_Arrow.png wingss.png arrow white.png

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
role confirmed

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Got my role!

D

Deleted member

I got tagged while I was out at my grandfather's.

So looks like I'm going to miss out. :p

D

Deleted member

Well as soon as this mafia game starts, I am going full force.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah I got mine.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Apollo Justice is the only one that remains.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Lovely timelines, it seems like I'm always last hahaha. Either way, confirmed my role.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I had a draft of the Day 1 post saved yesterday but now it is gone. Might be six hours from now when we'll start because I'll be busy this morning.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Fair enough.

Thanks for telling her, Heel of the Holder.

... Wait... What you do mean? I didn't say his name right? Come on! That's totally what his name is! It makes too much sense! ... Wait! It doesn't? ... Screw it! That's what I'm calling him now!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Central Time?

What are ya, hippies?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
13 Days of the Competition Remain
13 Candidates

Much time passed since the meeting held by the angels, with which they had set upon preparing their plan to find and construct the perfect place for the thirteen individuals to decide who among them must step up as the Ruler, Watcher, and Lover of mankind.

In that time the world continued to flip upside down as wars were extinguished overnight and new ones rose with the sun. Buildings were razed and elsewhere others were raised. Leadership changed hands in a never ending dance of power and civil unrest.

The people became increasingly aware of the reason behind all of these events: there were over a dozen humans granted powers beyond their comprehension and one of them was set to become the guardian of humanity. They begged for one to rise up and save them from the others.

Time dwindled down from the original 999 deadline to less than two weeks, and it had become clear to them all that they could not play with the strings of humanity any longer. Eventually each of them arrived at the place of their angels' collective choosing, an underground, abandoned facility that sealed shut behind them.

tactic.jpg

Things were tense at first as they looked across at each other, feeling more threatened than they have in years. How would they decided upon themselves who would be the victor?

One proposed that they simply take a vote.
Another pointed out that everyone would simply choose themselves and it'd lead nowhere.

"Well, why not make a rule where each of us cannot select ourselves with our vote?"
"Ridiculous. We are deciding who is to live among us and obtain ultimate power. Most of us are acquaintances at best. With the time we have it is impossible to make such a choice."

"Then if we cannot figure out who should obtain godhood, then perhaps we can all take turns deciding which one of us is least fit for the job."

Everyone immediately felt more comfortable discussing that, and names all came across their mind quickly.

It was unanimous. They would spend each Day picking one among them that would give up their blessing, then at Night they'd head their separate ways to talk and rest privately, whereupon the next morning they'd repeat the process until finally an individual among them could finally be decided.

angel intuition.jpg
"Do remember," an angel chimed in. "To return our blessing will cost the candidate their life. The one who is outed with this process will have their spirit taken by their angel and leave this place."

They had no want to think about that, but now since it has been brought up before them all, things once again became tense.

"...Well, let's begin. Who shall go first?"

DAY 1 THE FIRST LYNCH HAS BEGUN. A LINK TO THIS POST WILL BE ADDED ON THE FIRST PAGE.
24 HOURS REMAIN UNTIL THE NEXT PHASE BEGINS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And it has begun. Let me go first.

Vote: Swampasaur

Good thing now we don't even have to pretend who we want to go out.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Oh, I like the idea of adding this posts to the first page, it will make easier to go back to this game and read the story in the future, good idea!

Also, maybe you should tag the people on the game so they know it has started. I just sorta stumbled into this site and saw that it began hahaha.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly this is a good way to get rid of the boring first day.

And to get rid of who I think will be my biggest threat so I’m going with

Vote: Swampasaur

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh, I like the idea of adding this posts to the first page, it will make easier to go back to this game and read the story in the future, good idea!

Also, maybe you should tag the people on the game so they know it has started. I just sorta stumbled into this site and saw that it began hahaha.
Yes I apologize, posted in a hurry because my internet for some reason has been spotty. Hopefully it will not hinder all of you.

Top Bottom