• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platinum Controllers?

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
It's likely that there isn't really any place that just has silver controllers in stock. You can buy a new one directly from someone for a hefty price. You may find one at a garage sale or local second hand store. So if you really want one, you can get one. But it'll really cost you.

Rather, I recommend opting for another color. The spice orange one is unique and probably easier to get than silver/platinum. I actually have a silver and it isn't really that catchy. I actually prefer the black or original blueish. My personal controller is the black SmashWiiU edition, and my brother has the white version. White actually looks good; I just didn't get it because I didn't want to mix mine with my brother's.

Also, perhaps consider spray paint modifications? Hope this helped.

Ethan192

Smash Rookie
It's likely that there isn't really any place that just has silver controllers in stock. You can buy a new one directly from someone for a hefty price. You may find one at a garage sale or local second hand store. So if you really want one, you can get one. But it'll really cost you.

Rather, I recommend opting for another color. The spice orange one is unique and probably easier to get than silver/platinum. I actually have a silver and it isn't really that catchy. I actually prefer the black or original blueish. My personal controller is the black SmashWiiU edition, and my brother has the white version. White actually looks good; I just didn't get it because I didn't want to mix mine with my brother's.

Also, perhaps consider spray paint modifications? Hope this helped.
Actually I'm looking for a platinum controller because I prefer how they feel. Thanks for the help though!

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
It's true that they feel smoother. Though after one match I can't really tell the difference due to sweat.

I would point out that, though not as smooth as the silver edition, the white WiiU edition controller is much smoother to the touch than the black/blue/orange controllers. I just tested it out of curiosity and it really is a legit difference.

7upjawa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
7upjawa
3DS FC
3823-8521-4588
I don`t know any places that sell unused controllers, but compare prices on amazon and ebay. I own a Plat and purple. I use the purple over the plat, because the plat is really heavy, and the stick is too springy, and the buttons have always felt loose. I find the triggers on my Plat are a little easier to press though, but the purple just feels nicer to me. Also the Platinum gets more sweaty than the purple.

Neighbor

Smash Cadet
go to lukiegames there site is da bestest. no bs, and they dont over charge people.

Top Bottom