• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform Play...How do you use them?

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
We know how to tomahawk, how to FC-Nair, how to mix up our playstyle depending on the matchup. Now, what do you do with platforms? What are some movement options you use to get the most out of them?

Samsora almost acts as though they don't exist, and his aerial movement often gets messed up by them. How about you?

comfortable_lamp

Smash Cadet
i tend to try to just ignore them. However, what you have to be careful of is that once your on a platform, try not to immediately get off the platform, as this easily readable, and many players tend to do this. Try to maybe hold shield, or jump onto another platform before going back to the ground.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
i tend to try to just ignore them. However, what you have to be careful of is that once your on a platform, try not to immediately get off the platform, as this easily readable, and many players tend to do this. Try to maybe hold shield, or jump onto another platform before going back to the ground.
Sorry to say this, but ignoring platforms is definitely the incorrect thing to do. I was hoping to get some feedback of people FCFF off platforms, getting weak hit bair to grab, or single-hit up-air to imagination. "Ignore them" is definitely not the response I was looking for.

Top Bottom