• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform Grabbing...?

Peralesis

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyone has posted this before but i haven't been able to find it anywhere...

anyways, ignore the beginning CG's, they are just to add damage. The "Platform Grab" happens at the end. This technique can used to do much more than what is shown in this video. I just wanted to get this uploaded before anyone else

forgive me if this is already known...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJLdvTZJLVo

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Wow.... That is a nice find man. If it works with a DThrow, then i tmight work with a uthrow. o.o

Epic find, I'll try this out on someone, and I expect surprises. :bigthumbu

Peralesis

Smash Rookie
lol i've tried up throw and haven't had much success... but thats just me... i hope this gets expanded upon

lol thanks lain i figured one of you IC pros would have already done this...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I've done this a few times on accident. I prefer the regular chaingrabs though because no one is gonna sit in a grab that long and let you set something like that up. Lmao.

Pretty hawt though. :3

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Dang it, I was going to experiment with platform chain grabbing soon too xD. Oh well, I wouldnt've thought of down throw. I remember Hylian posting somewhere saying something about a chain grab with upthrows and I asked him if it had something to do with platforms :p So I'm glad to see chain grabs work with platforms like that.

Too bad it isn't necissary, but it is nice and flashy.

Peralesis

Smash Rookie
Dang it, I was going to experiment with platform chain grabbing soon too xD. Oh well, I wouldnt've thought of down throw. I remember Hylian posting somewhere saying something about a chain grab with upthrows and I asked him if it had something to do with platforms :p So I'm glad to see chain grabs work with platforms like that.

Too bad it isn't necissary, but it is nice and flashy.
you can do upthrow footstool CG's... perhaps he was talking about that....?

Top Bottom