• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

platform dashing

tehspork

Smash Rookie
Ive recently started playing as ganon and for some reason Im having trouble platform dashing, though I WAS never really good at it... Any tips?:ohwell::ohwell:

Kaede - KeyWei

Smash Cadet
WaveDashing practice eh?
I go to Training Mode slow down the speed and try to wave dash a platform then. After you get the hang of that speed, speed it up a notch

SCOTU

Smash Hero
It's relatively easy w/ ganon, so you could try w/ someone harder like fox/falco, and the skill does transfer mostly, or you could start w/ ganon and work your way to harder characters. If you're talking about the circle jumping stuff (like shown in Wak's how to play vids) i use the control stick for the whole maneuver because i find it easier.

Edit: Just For the Record, i think that using different speeds just slows down your learning curve. it'll take at most the same ammount of time to master in 1x speed, so i don't recommend using other speeds.

Kaede - KeyWei

Smash Cadet
It's relatively easy w/ ganon, so you could try w/ someone harder like fox/falco, and the skill does transfer mostly, or you could start w/ ganon and work your way to harder characters. If you're talking about the circle jumping stuff (like shown in Wak's how to play vids) i use the control stick for the whole maneuver because i find it easier.

Edit: Just For the Record, i think that using different speeds just slows down your learning curve. it'll take at most the same ammount of time to master in 1x speed, so i don't recommend using other speeds.
Maybe I should stop posting advise taht dosn't help...:ohwell:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'm not saying it doesn't help, i'm just saying it can **** you over harder than it helps. I don't know, i guess it helps some ppl, but i advise not trying it, but if you already have, there's no turning back anyway, so go ahead and do it.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
mostly the reason youd want to slow it down is just to see what it looks like when done correctly. when youre actually practicing the technique you want to do it in full speed, because you want to be able to do it at will at that speed. if you can do it at 1/2 speed, thats great, but its not going to help you since matches are usually played in full speed. (although a slow-mo tourney would be kinda funny...)

tjrook

Smash Cadet
I can waveland a platform every single time this way (probably how everybody else does it too, but I figured out on my own. After looking it up on the internet, I couldn't figure it out. They could never explain it well, so I probably wont either...):

basically when you jump up from below the platform, you hold your control stick in the direction you want to go, but also downwards, so when you look at it, it will either be facing 5 o'clock or 7 o'clock. Then you press either L or R (shield button). If your character just dodges, then you'll have to adjust when you actually press L or R (sooner or later, depending on your height when you pressed it last) or jump at a different height. If you do it enough, then you can get it every time.

Confused yet?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
is there a different way to waveland onto a platform? You airdodge at it right as you're about to hit it.

Repryx

Smash Champion

Scotu As you know I Main Falco..any of his moves I didnt understand I slwed down and then got in the same setting Xcept for the lil double laser off the edge thing. (I woke up one day and could do it after a week of failing @ it). But in anycase The low down approach CAN help.

edit:YESHH 2nd Page!

Top Bottom