• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform Canceling. What can our little monkey do with them?

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Platform Canceling!!!

Alright so anyone whos seen Mr. R's or Leon's Marth has seen this more times then they can count. And I've seen Istudying use this a few times. So let's try to come up with ways this could help us out.

How to:
Platform canceling is very simple, Just tap down and then do an action when you are about level with the platform you are trying to platform cancel on. ANY action can be platform canceled. This includes turnarounds, dashes, Specials, Smashes, Jabs, Tilts, Shield, Rolls, Dodges, Jump, Short hop, Fall through (also known as shield drop i guess? you platform cancel onto the platform then immediately fall through it, plus since you use the spot dodge command to do this , which includes L or R, it has another property to it which ill explain soon)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6B5QxFBBIs heres a vid I made on how to platform cancel

Uses : Since you can platform cancel a roll, that means you can GLIDETOSS from a platform cancel.
You can use this to grab someone whos on a platform and expecting you to try to fair them off
You can ledgehop platform cancel and run off one side or the other to help a bit with getting back from the ledge, or platform cancel a dsmash if you think it'll hit

I'll add more uses as we think of some and will edit this post whenever we come up with some that aren't already on here. So that way we don't go checking the entire thread for what uses have already been thought of. I'm heading out for a bit but when I come back I'll add some uses I thought of (yes lol theory craft, bite me >_>)

Sails

Smash Ace
Good stuff, I'm glad to see the Diddy boards more active than ever currently! This is the kind of content we're been in need of for a while. The video is great, definitely a big help to many including me. I've always aimed for the banana pull cancel but I wasn't aware you could do other things with it.

Top Bottom