• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

planking with Sheik

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
There are three methods to planking with Sheik.
1. Fair and r-grab the ledge
Because Fair has such low ending lag Sheik can grab the ledge after performing it!
This is best done on stages that can be jumped through, but it can also be used at places like Final Destination or Smashville.

2. Wall jump/cling planking
You can either buffer a wall cling or you can do it the old fashioned way to grab the ledge, but the follow up is always the same... Bair. This is probably her worst form of planking since you don't move past the ledge and the only way for Bair to have any range is to hit with the strong hit box. Even when you hit with the strong hit box Bair still doesn't have the best range.

3. Uair planking
This is by far the best. You can go under a few stages and hit with Uair and then grab the ledge with Vanish. Places like Lylat and PS1 are great for this. Just be aware of move that can hit you through the stage.

video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkBntKxJUs8

ps I'll make a list of stages that can be planked on and give them a planking rating later.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Meh, I wouldn't call it planking so much as stalling to extend the match out more. Sheik isn't very good at it either so yea just stalling to find an opening to get back safely from the ledge is more along the lines of what I think about Sheiks planking abilities.

Edit: excellent music selection for the vid though

Top Bottom