• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLACE YOUR BETS! SSB4 Reveal Prediction Game (Read OP before posting)

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Where are your Bill avatars, boys?

Two weeks of loyalty await you!
I thought it was until a Pic of the Day featured Diddy.

Alright, so it's settled.

Whoever is in my bet and loses must be said character (Bill or Waddle Dee) until the next Pic of the Day featuring the revealed character (or Diddy Kong if I win)!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Whoopsy doodles. My fault.

Yeah, so until Diddy shows up again (even in a character page) you guys are my minions. Cool.
Wait, I can be Waddle Dee?!
I'm taking that instead! I like Waddle Dees.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Whoopsy doodles. My fault.

Yeah, so until Diddy shows up again (even in a character page) you guys are my minions. Cool.
Not me, I put two weeks on the line. Well, good bet.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
This thread seems interesting...

I'm betting on these things that might happen below:
  • Sometime in April will be the next Nintendo Direct.
  • The announced newcomer for Smash Bros. along with the direct for April will be Chrom from Fire Emblem. Reason: Anniversary for the 1st Fire Emblem that released in Japan within the month of April, of course!
  • Sometime in May, Metaknight will be announced as the returned veteran. Reason: "Kirby: Triple Deluxe" releases in North America on May 2nd.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'm betting that on either Monday or Wednesday, the Pic of the Day will highlight a move for a veteran. This bet lasts until Wednesday's Pic of the Day for this week.

If I win, you will have to display a support list made by me via the SSB Roster Maker in your signature for 1 week. At any time, you may not put up any notes that say that you lost a bet, that I made you do it, this is not my real support list yadda yadda. If you win, you decide what I'll change my avatar to for 1 week.

Any takers? >:)

Last edited:

josh bones

Smash Lord
My bet, if we get a newcomer this week, I will change my avi, if we don't you change your avi

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

• The announced newcomer for Smash Bros. along with the direct for April will mostly be Chrom from Fire Emblem, 'cause the first Fire Emblem was released in April in Japan.
  • Sometime in May, Metaknight will be announced as the returned veteran, because the game, Kirby: Triple Deluxe releases in North America on May 2nd.
I'll take you up on the first one. What are your conditions?

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
If I win the bet, you have to give full support to our upcoming Brawl Mod: Reality 64. Along with that, you'd have to have the title of Reality 64 in your signature, and it has to be seen, for 1 week. Any objections? If not, what do I have to do if I lose this bet?

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

• The announced newcomer for Smash Bros. along with the direct for April will be Chrom from Fire Emblem. Reason: Anniversary for the 1st Fire Emblem that released in Japan within the month of April, of course!
  • Sometime in May, Metaknight will be announced as the returned veteran. Reason: "Kirby: Triple Deluxe" releases in North America on May 2nd.
What are your bets?

I'm takin' a bet on the Chrom one.

Yay: I'll have Naurto as my avatar.

Nay: You have to have Goku as your avatar.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If I win the bet, you have to give full support to our upcoming Brawl Mod: Reality 64. Along with that, you'd have to have the title of Reality 64 in your signature, and it has to be seen, for 1 week. Any objections? If not, what do I have to do if I lose this bet?
I'll take it. It looks interesting, I may support regardless of losing... If I win though... you must change you're avatar to Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz for 1 week.

FILE PHOTO

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I remember that lab rat from anywhere! (Laughing) Sure I'll take that!

Interesting... Two different conditions on the same bet... :ohwell:

I'm thinking of having Goku and Doofenshmirtz looking at each other in an angry way as my avatar, that is if I do lose the bet. :grin:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

I'm thinking of having Goku and Doofenshmirtz looking at each other in an angry way as my avatar, that is if I do lose the bet. :grin:
Oh that's right! Well, Doof is a worthy opponent for Goku. (Not)

I'd reply sooner to your posts, but can you use the 'reply' button?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, since a Direct is coming our way...

I'm gonna bet.
The challenger picks the new newcomer they believe will star in the Direct.
And I bet they won't.

Winner picks a Pokemon avi for the loser.
It could be anyone. Even trainers.

Edit: Phrased my words wrong.
I hate loopholes. Don't you?

Participants:
MisterVideoGaming (Isaac)
Dairz (Ridley)
RacoonBL (Paletuna)
KaBlamJamDan (Chibi Robo)
MSMarioSonic (Snake)
Andimidna (Palutena)

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Well, since a Direct is coming our way...

I'm gonna bet.
The challenger picks one character they believe will be in the Direct.
And I bet they won't.

Winner picks a Pokemon avi for the loser.
It could be anyone of them. Even trainers.
Mario

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Summer release date. You can have my sig until the game comes out.

Maybe not. I'm not confident enough to bet lol.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hm. I'm willing to bet that at least 2 characters (whether they be both newcomers, or one newcomer, one veteran, whatever) are revealed in that Smash Bros direct.

If I win, whoever takes the bet has to change their avatar to a picture of... Hm...

Teddie from Persona 4. If I lose, I'll be the one who changes for a week times however many people take this bet. So, for example, if two people take this bet, and I lose, I'll change my avatar to Teddie for two weeks. Don't expect anyone to take it, but putting the offer on the table nonetheless.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This place will be on fire these next 4 days. Here's a chart for everyone. Feel free to contribute.

Vet. Character Revealed: 3/4 chance

Newcomer Revealed: 3/4 chance

Two Vets: 1/2 chance

2 Newcomers: 1/3 chance.

@ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If you want me to accept your challenge, use concrete numbers instead of ratios for chance. In other words, how many veterans and/or newcomers do you think we'll see by "these next 4 days." That of which I assume does not apply to next Tuesday's Direct?

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I predict the next direct will have something along the lines of a Developer Direct 2, where he notes major changes made to veterans than have since been revealed, as well as a section devoted to Rosalina, Little Mac, and a yet-to-be-shown newcomer. Probably details on stages/items/assist trophies too since I expect the direct to be longer than 8 minutes.

Alongside that, I think there might be an announcement for there to be changes in the way the game's going to be marketed. With the introduction of an official Japanese Twitter account, I think that the site may get a makeover with sections for stages, items, and the single player, along with brief descriptions for each of the characters and such. Perhaps more frequent content updates. This is just hopeful thinking though.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Can we lose the one month and do it for 2 weeks?

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
My indefinite bet:
-PLAYABLE Ridley will NOT be revealed at or before E3 2014.

Loser will use PotD of winner's choice as avi, loser will must not change its avi until when SSB4 is out.

Top Bottom