• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PKMN trainer - Q&A (Tc)

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
I somehow managed to learn how to do it consistently by moving my index finger to Y and my thumb to the C-stick. :psycho:

WITH

Smash Apprentice
whats the deal with the squirtle chain grabs that i've kinda heard about...do people grab release him or something?

T-Link

Smash Apprentice
Yo ToP CaT, quick question, Ivysaur's b-air is a better edgeguarding technique than vinewhip right?

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
I've been getting mad at Peach because of her floating out of grab range. Especially when she floats after Razor Leaf. That pretty much makes the attack worthless. =(

She's vulnerable to grab after plucking a turnip, though.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Every freaking hit of Dair clanks Flamethrower. :confused:

Bair with Ivysaur is much more helpful than ever in this match especially. Charizard needs a mixture of Rock Smash and Bair, which probably means you'll have to be using Fair more for killing. :(

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Top Cat, why have nearly all of your answers been either extremely obvious, stated by someone else with you agreeing, or stated by you, corrected by someone else, and you agreeing with the correction?

Just wondering.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
Top Cat, why have nearly all of your answers been either extremely obvious, stated by someone else with you agreeing, or stated by you, corrected by someone else, and you agreeing with the correction?

Just wondering.
most of the time im in a rush, im very busy..and when a question is answered fully you cant do much but restate it..another question why is the necessary or relevant to pokemon trainer?

Straider

Smash Rookie
Top Cat, do you have videos to show how a pokemon trainer should play, i mean using pokemon change. Because almost every video i saw is focused only in one or two pokemon diminishing the full potential of PT.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
Top Cat, do you have videos to show how a pokemon trainer should play, i mean using pokemon change. Because almost every video i saw is focused only in one or two pokemon diminishing the full potential of PT.
not recorded but i have some saved on my wii so i can get those up if i ever quit being lazy...

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
Threw the wii.

I am not at home at the moment tho I am at work.

But if I sent you my wii friend code and brawl friend code could would you want to send them to me? (that is any of the replays that are under 3 minutes. i am under the impession that they are on your wii but you cant get them off since you say you have some.)

Pichu Sensei

Smash Apprentice
Ok topcat. Once upon a time I was playing a match with ivysaur. I Sh'd and used Uair, but somehow at the same time I landed and used Utilt. Both of the moves worked, there was an explosion in the air, and I had used the utilt, doing massive amounts of damage to my opponent. I have always wanted to recreate the event, but never have. So, how do I use 2 moves at once?

Pichu Sensei

Smash Apprentice
Wait wait, really? If Uair and be autocanceled, we may have something very deadly on our hands.
Yeah, it happened about 4 months ago. It was sick, it killed my opponent. I've been trying to recreate it ever since. I might've been hit in the air, allowing me to use a tilt right when I hit the ground. Haven't I told you guys about this before? or maybe it was my legion... either way, we need to find out how to do this on command.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
If I spam Squirtles Up Smash move and it gets stale right. Say that I switch my pokemon to Ivysaur and he does an Up Smash. Now will Ivysaurs Up Smash become stale because its part of the group. Or will it be fresh because its a different pokemon?

Fearmy

Smash Ace
i use it for gimping some times, and for kinda Defensive move, but i don't use it to Edge guard MUCH.

Pichu Sensei

Smash Apprentice
quick question does anyone use the charizard nair for edgeguarding??
I use it when the opponent has alot of air control, i.e wario because with it's 360 degree range, it's a very reliable hit. Or when the opponent has low %, because I don't want to risk a Fair when I don't get a guaranteed kill.

It also depends if the opponent is under or above the ledge, if they are below, I'd rather go for the spike. If they are above I'll go for the Fair or Bair, but if they are midlevel with it, I'll hop off and use nair.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
I use it when the opponent has alot of air control, i.e wario because with it's 360 degree range, it's a very reliable hit. Or when the opponent has low %, because I don't want to risk a Fair when I don't get a guaranteed kill.

It also depends if the opponent is under or above the ledge, if they are below, I'd rather go for the spike. If they are above I'll go for the Fair or Bair, but if they are midlevel with it, I'll hop off and use nair.
yea that sounds about right i dont really try it but when they are at lower damage..and im not feeling the spike at that time but its hitbox makes it pretty useful on some characters with predictable recoveries.

Top Bottom