• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Thunder bounce

sadfaps

Smash Cadet
I've seen a lot of Ness/Lucas use this technique on guaranteed stages with walls (like duck hunt) but it also works on dreamland and from what I've labbed, the right side of battlefield. Obviously, it's not as safe as a teather recovery but it is a good mix up if you do have to recover with PK thunder

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
It works literally anywhere with any surface that isn't a horizontal surface from above, no matter how small the surface is. This includes the left side of battlefield, the edges of every stage, and parts of Lylat Cruise, depending on the angle of the stage. Just get the right angle, don't grab the ledge, and you can bounce, which can do more than just give you a second chance to recover.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Wait so I'm not the only one having problems bouncing on the left side of Battlefield? I always just fly under the stage to the opposite side when I try to bounce off of the (what looks like) wall at the bottom.

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
Battlefield is a bad stage for bouncing in general, same as Final Destination. The surfaces aren't clear like every other legal stage and the majority of good Omega stages.

Top Bottom