• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
The tears come now
The smiles come when Lucas is announced as DLC

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Although New Pork City was a pain in the butt sometimes due to its largeness, I still brings up good memories due to all the Mother 3 references and being able to fight with Mother 3 music in the background as well as Snowman. I feel like we would lose all of that with just Onett. So I hope if Lucas is DLC, we will get some Mother 3 stage, even if it is NPC.

Also, Magicant was strangely missing in the direct when listing the 3ds stages.
Ah because it was secret The F-Zero stage was missing too ;) Because Sakurai doesn't believe in the internet and spoilers XD
I still want to know where this song will play
As the announcer said all songs from 3DS will return on Wii U so this will either be on:
Onett
Magicant if it's on Wii U
:npc:Or New pork
Really, I'm hoping for Onett because it needs more than two songs :')
Lucas will come back I have a feeling he's next :'P

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Suddenly the thread owner now belongs to Tumblr. :U
What's the reason for that?
At first I was confused and prepared for people telling me I had to check my privilege.
Then I checked the first post and realized that that was just a nickname for the new OP.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You know, the fact that Nintendo acknowledged the localization of Mother 3 gives me hope. They could do a Direct with showing off Lucas DLC followed immediately with an announcement for a worldwide release.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
You know, the fact that Nintendo acknowledged the localization of Mother 3 gives me hope. They could do a Direct with showing off Lucas DLC followed immediately with an announcement for a worldwide release.
I said this 4 years ago when they acknowledged it back in 2008. I hoped that an official localization would soon follow, and we all know how that went.

As great as it'd be, try not to count on it.

Not that I wouldn't cheer if they actually went through with it these days, but let's try to be realistic here.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Personally I'd suggest using an emulator with a patched ROM.
I'd also suggest supporting an official release, should it ever happen.
I personally think an emulator takes too long for me to start up. Especially when I have to buy certain things online just to play a game.

I do support a Mother 3 release too. But based on previous sayings of many games such as Xenoblade's localization that fans didn't affect their decisions, I just don't really feel like it's worth it.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I do support a Mother 3 release too. But based on previous sayings of many games such as Xenoblade's localization that fans didn't affect their decisions, I just don't really feel like it's worth it.
Quite frankly, I think it does affect them (at least slightly), but they're just too darn proud to admit it.

If Mewtwo didn't have such vocal fans, I honestly doubt he'd become DLC.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Very glad to see the thread under new ownership. Can we talk about some Mother 3 music for the OP? I liked Unfounded Revenge in Brawl and they did a good job with the obligatory Theme of Love, but I don't think Snowman or You Call this a Utopia?! fit very well into an action fighter. I think Piggy Guys and F-F-Fire would have been better ways of incorporating Porky's theme.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I said this 4 years ago when they acknowledged it back in 2008. I hoped that an official localization would soon follow, and we all know how that went.

As great as it'd be, try not to count on it.

Not that I wouldn't cheer if they actually went through with it these days, but let's try to be realistic here.
Ah but you must remember now This time round they referenced it after this little Game

Now more than Ever is the perfect time the have no excuse that it wouldn't sell well Seeing How Mother 2 is Sitting right the at Number 5 in the All Time best sellers :') Oh I can Really feel it Now:4shulk: just wait and See "Okay":4ness:
Oh god if Mewtwo's art is anything to go by I cant wait to see the artwork for Lucas :')

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Very glad to see the thread under new ownership. Can we talk about some Mother 3 music for the OP? I liked Unfounded Revenge in Brawl and they did a good job with the obligatory Theme of Love, but I don't think Snowman or You Call this a Utopia?! fit very well into an action fighter. I think Piggy Guys and F-F-Fire would have been better ways of incorporating Porky's theme.
I'd love a battle theme medley.
MOTHER 3 has way too many good battle themes to settle for just one.

Though Fight with Mecha-Drago or Natural Killer Cyborg would be pretty sweet.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hard Rain and Refreshing Toilets should be added to the OP.

TheGingerRussian

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGingerRussian
3DS FC
1504-5955-1641
It's so nice to see Lucas love.
Of all the cuts, I feel people were less vocal about him for some reason.
Seeing this thread reminds there are others who miss the little guy.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I was so sad when I found out Lucas was cut. While I don't have the same fondness of his as I do for Ness....I recognize his impact on the gaming world. He deserves to be in Smash again.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
joy lucas still has a chance (if sakurai's kind to us)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just like Wolf, Lucas has the advantage to have Brawl data to port from, unlike Mewtwo, who's being done from scratch.

I liked Lucas in Brawl, so I hope he returns as DLC. It would be great.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
A female Lucas drawing by IcyAntoid back in the Starmen Forums, I felt like sharing this:

Also this should be added to the OP, also from the Starmen forums by MariettaRC:
intresting

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Also this should be added to the OP, also from the Starmen forums by MariettaRC:
Oh my God The feels I think I'm gonna cry again :')
Just like Wolf, Lucas has the advantage to have Brawl data to port from, unlike Mewtwo, who's being done from scratch.

I liked Lucas in Brawl, so I hope he returns as DLC. It would be great.
Hey At least Lucas' Brawl Model made it in so it's possible and the voice clips that were found in the 3DS Demo :')

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Well, I think Lucas' chances to be DLC have been discussed enough for the time being, so how about this:
If Lucas was (hypothetically) to be announced as DLC, what kind of alt colors/costumes would you like to see?
Here's his Brawl alts:

(I quite like the white/blue and pink/purple.)

Many will probably want the Pigmask Commander uniform from when he is mistaken for the Masked Man and storms Thunder Tower.

Personally, I'd love an alt with the Good Kid's Shirt. At least I think that's what it's called. It's the black shirt with the skull on it. Seeing that on a timid kid like Lucas would be pretty goofy. It'd also be a simple texture swap and easy to implement.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Glad to see this thread get revamped.

Do you think if we get New Pork City back in the Wii U version, will it be good signs to Lucas being DLC?
If New Pork City doesn't return, doesn't that seem weird? Now that 8 Player Smash is a thing, you'd expect that stage out of all the other Brawl stages to come back.

It just tells me they're potentially saving it for being included in the Lucas DLC.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm not sure. NPC could return just for 8-Player Smash, but it seems that Mother 3 representation is lacking, so I think seeing it would give us some hope.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I originally just whipped this up real quick to use in my signature, but @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 asked about it, so maybe you guys will have use for it, too.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
That's a really nice edit.
Though it's a little weird to see Lucas so determined.
You're supposed to be a wimpy kid, dammit!

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I originally just whipped this up real quick to use in my signature, but @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 asked about it, so maybe you guys will have use for it, too.

My god I think I am in Love he looks Like the Perfect opposite to Ness :')
Thank you VaanRose :)
Now if you will excuse me I am off to see if my signature artist will be able to shoce this little beauty beside Ness :')
Edit: Oh he even has the bits in his eyes :'P
Another Edit: He's pointing right at you too XD

Last edited:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
To see Lucas return would be great! I liked his normal-attack variations compared to Ness. His Up Smash and Down Smash are my favorite moves. From what I saw on the Wiki, Ness' own PK Freeze isn't as strong as Lucas' in Brawl, but it freezes enemies?

Lucas' variations could be like what are Lucina's variations to Marth's, right? I'm not getting too technical in here, I'd like to ask you guys what you think how Lucas could work out.

Top Bottom