• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Fire

Brightside

Smash Rookie
Lucas' PK Fire is a great move to get characters in the air, or keep them away from you. This is why many people consider using even a decent amount of it "spamming", or even "n00bish".

I am slightly concerned about this, as I use PK Fire quite a bit to distance the opponent. It also helps against long range characters like Dedede and Marth. Are people just overreacting when I use PK Fire? I don't spam it. Or is there another effective way to keep space?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
PK Fire can be easily punished by people who know what they're doing unless you space it just right. Even then it's rendered completely useless by a competent powershielder. Your friends are noobs if they're flipping out over it.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Yeah, I use PK Fire for that same thing, if you don't think you're spamming then I don't get your problem...tell you're friends to get over their lives.

_water

Smash Rookie
They're overreacting. Besides the fact that its fairly easy to dodge/shield, its exactly the end of the game if it hits.

Appleangel22

Smash Rookie
Well, yes people can't get around it, and also some people think that Lucas (and Ness ) are one of the most cheapist characters in brawl (my brother even thinks so) so don't worry they are just overeacting and jealous because they are really strong for light characters

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Use it wisely and with purpose and there's nothing nooby about it. PKF is a staple in Lucas' gameplay and he needs to use it a good amount. If they cant handle it, then its their problem.

Top Bottom