• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot Smash Buffering

Scruffy_Scoundrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scruffy_Avenger
3DS FC
1805-3603-6917
I recently discovered you can buffer dash pivot smashes by holding the 'A' button down before initiating your dash, then while turning the other direction and still holding 'A' press a direction on the C-Stick to get the desired smash. I found this while playing around with the Z-Power-shielding tech, I wasn't sure if people already knew about this as I hadn't seen a thread on it.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Do you know how far in advance the command is buffered? Just during turnaround?

Last edited:

Devilsbabe

Smash Rookie
I don't understand what you mean. When are you buffering the smash input?

Turn only lasts one frame so the only time to do it would be before or on the same frame as you input dash away. I've tested both on 20xx and neither work. If you're doing it the frame after the dash away input that's just a regular pivot smash. After that you're in dash again.

Am I missing something?

tauKhan

Smash Lord
All holding a does is that if you do a smash attack, you start charging it on the charge frame. It doesn't help at all with timing pivot smashes.

Scruffy_Scoundrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scruffy_Avenger
3DS FC
1805-3603-6917
I don't have the exact frames as I do not have 20XX, but to make things clearer; I'm holding 'A' before I've even begun dashing, Once I've dashed one direction I tap the C-Stick (before the dash animation has ended) then tap the control stick to dash the other direction. This is causing me to get the smash I inputted on turnaround. There may be variables I am unaware of that are causing this result, if I'm wrong and you know what's causing this please enlighten me.

Top Bottom