• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot SHFF

Ryazan

Smash Ace
This may have been mentioned already, and I'm sure many of you already use this. But I didn't find it in the Pit Compendium's threads and I think I should bring it to the attention of newer players. You may have heard about a tech called the Angelic Step. If you perform the controller input for that minus the startup move (tilt back and tap forward) and immediately follow up with a SHFF (short-hop, press A, then tap down), you will perform an instant SHFFd Bair in the direction you were facing before. This is useful because Pit's Bair is his most powerful aerial, and this allows you to perform it without wasting time turning around or getting the opponent behind you. This is especially useful because Bair has short range and must be used close to the opponent to be effective. This allows you to use it seamlessly without risking interference from the opponent. It also makes Bair a more practical finisher, which is a godsend since Pit has few of those.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
idk recently ive been having problems sweet spotting. Might be people are better at dodge or just button lag is getting worse or w/e. But meh. I usually use the weak Bair to combo.

As for the tech idk i dont think i tried it before since most of the time i just F tilt.

Felis

Smash Cadet
I am having a problem doing this for some reason... A video would be much appreciated.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Sorry I can't make a video, but if you've got Angelic Stepping down then all you have to do is do an Angelic Step minus the sidestep, and simultaneously input the command for SHing Nair. On a GC controller, it helps to position your thumb so it is over the Y and A buttons, then push down on Y and immediately rock your thumb back. This will make you immediately SH a Nair. So the steps are:

1) Tilt back on the control stick, then immediately tap forward.

2) Perform the above method for SHing Nair at the same time as you tap forward.

If done correctly, you should see yourself turn around and immediately do a short-hopped Bair in the direction you were facing before.

Apollo317

Smash Cadet
This could be very usefull for mindgames. What if instead of doing the bair, your did a b reversal facing backwards, or in other words, a recoil special. So instead of moving towards your opponent and doing a bair, you would bounce away and shoot an arrow. Use teh mindgames baby.

Top Bottom