• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot Possibilities

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I started practicing my pivots today, mostly just pivot ftilt and fsmash, but I was wondering what my other options were. In set 1 of the Apex Grandfinals (somewhere around 1:50), I saw PPMD get off a super fast dtilt. Is it possible to pivot dtilt, and if so, how would you recommend pulling it off? Also, what are the other pivot options and how would you typically use them?

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I started practicing my pivots today, mostly just pivot ftilt and fsmash, but I was wondering what my other options were. In set 1 of the Apex Grandfinals (somewhere around 1:50), I saw PPMD get off a super fast dtilt. Is it possible to pivot dtilt, and if so, how would you recommend pulling it off? Also, what are the other pivot options and how would you typically use them?
Pivot u-tilt, dtilt is an option, pivot ftilt.

DeadPigeon

Smash Apprentice
It is extremely difficult to tilt out of pivot. PPMD's dtilt was out of a wavedash, not from a pivot. Utilt and dtilt are especially difficult, to the point where they may never be seen consistently in competitive play.
In regards to pivot options, you are essentially in your neutral stand for the 1 frame on which you are pivoting, so you can do any move you can do out of stand. Pivot grab is one of the most important marth techs, I would learn this before any other pivot. It is used in dash dance (for example dash away and when your opponent follows, pivot grab them) and is a nssesary part of chain grabbing fox and falco. Fsmash and dsmash are really good finishers out of pivot if you can space the tip. Empty pivots are also really good. Tilts out of empty pivots are certainly more feasible than true pivot tilts. Pivot aerials are alright imo, but shield stop aerials are easier and pretty much as good.

Wafflesaurus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wafflesaurus
Thanks so much, everybody. Just one question: could somebody explain an aerial pivot?
Jump (preferably a short hop) during the pivot and do an aerial attack or attacks (double fair)

Last edited:
Top Bottom