• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot Nair controller specifics

chis5050

Smash Rookie
On my controller (a worn in 3 or 4 year old white) it is impossible for me to do empty pivots by flicking the control stick. I have another controller that is almost new that I can do them pretty well with, but I truly feel like it can't be done on my main controller. When I try to dash in a direction and quickly dash in the other and immediately return the stick to neutral, I will only dash in the initial direction. However, I can somewhat reliably get pivot nairs out of dash dance. I'm not understanding how it's possible that by adding a short hop and nair that i'm able to get the pivot, but not without. Often times I'll turnaround-dash and miss the jump and dash attack instead. Is this because of a jump inputted too early, during some kind of frame where it can't be done? As far as i understand, turnaround dash has the 1 frame of standing then all the rest are dash frames which a short hop would work in, so am I just missing the button?

Kind of weird question, I've been playing a while but only now have really tried to incorporate pivots properly. Thanks.

Top Bottom