• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot Grab lawl

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
ZSS's pivot grab has excellent range and comes out fairly quickly but it has a lot of ending lag so can be risky to use just like her normal grab and dash grab. I was testing ZSS out in training today and was considering using ZSS's pivot grab to exploit the opponent's foolish reactions.

I've seen all the flashy brawlers use a pivot grab with many character to do this which is a risky yet very rewarding and effective alternative to just running up to the opponent and grabbing them. If one uses pivot grabbing in their game then they would force their opponent to perhaps be more aware of what you're gonna do next. As I mentioned earlier her pivot grab has a ridiculously large range and I think its grab range is slightly disjointed (from her laser whip).

This is good to know as it can then prove to be highly beneficial if used in the right place and at the right time. Can anyone (if they're willing to) research any way in which an opportunity to pivot grab arises? Though not very effective I saw that on an human Ike player at 0% after a down-throw you COULD (not implying it's certain) dashing pivot grab them and better still pivot grab them after anticipating their air dodge (I know there are many faults in this notion). Thus could anyone do so and research for me?

I shall also try to research myself but if this pivot grab is agreeable as a reliable alternative to many things, such as dash attacking or dash grabbing, then it would be fully worth researching about. Please state your opinions but NOT in a harsh manner please.

Thanks

HD

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I do a lot of pivot grabs later in matches when my opponents have gotten used to the fact that I rarely grab. I can get off maybe three or four successful grabs in a row. Five on slow learners. I don't do it often, though. Most of the time, all I can really do is toss them off the stage and little more.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
best situation to use pivot grabs in is the same as Yoshi and Olimar. Run away from aerial approaches and pivot grab. Watch an Olimar player, they do this non-stop.

Wenis of Lore

Smash Cadet
i hate to be a noob here, but i am soooooo..... what is, and how do i pull off a pivot grab? i apologize for the ignorance.

Zero

Smash Hero
Run in a direction and grab in the opposite direction, while running. So input Right -> Left + Grab. or Left -> Right + Grab

Read the Q&A and the Resource Centre for your own convenience too. :]

Wenis of Lore

Smash Cadet
Run in a direction and grab in the opposite direction, while running. So input Right -> Left + Grab. or Left -> Right + Grab

Read the Q&A and the Resource Centre for your own convenience too. :]

thanks. i check the resource center for pretty much everything ZSS but sometimes(since i'm a noob to the forums) i don't get the terminology. i appreciate the quick and non-rude response.

hambread

Smash Apprentice
pivot from an attack and grab/smash. a simple tactic dating back to 64 days.
pivot grabs is good for dodging OoS attacks/grabs with little cooldown, so its good to mix in a pivot grab when you punch at their shield.
a sane person wouldnt roll or sidestep in fear of the sideB tipper or uptilt, but if they do you're dead if you grabbed. so be careful and prepare to DI, its a risky thing to do.
btw it does not work with marth or metaknight. please do not try.

Top Bottom