• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot Arcfire is SO useful!

megabbaut

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, it's really good and I heavily encourage that everyone uses it.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I can't believe no one has replied to/tried this! It's just so insane!

Maybe it's because the guy said "pivot Arcfire" but I think he means b-reversal, wavebounce, etc. Arcfire.

I thought it might be a good place to bring this strategy in as well.

Thundertome reversals.

Like Lucario, Robin has a move that can be charged in the air, unlike Samus' blast, and can be reversed in the air and fired from either direction. The charge animation itself can be

I wish I could make a video out of it, but here's one that would give an idea of the implications of this technique, which I think could be huge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw0zjWge3H8

Kisatamura

Prescriber of Manami.
NNID
Kisatamura
3DS FC
1521-4702-6467
I find this somewhat useful if you're opponent isn't fully aware of Arcfire's blind spots or basically no matchup knowledge against Robin. It's actually a neat mindgame trick because if somebody rushes into Arcfire at point-blank you get more free hits in.

Actually, any level of Thunder pivoted is useful for opponents rushing you down. Haven't had a chance to test Noseferatu in this situation, though.

Snerp

Smash Cadet
As a Ness player who pivot PK Fires a lot, is it essentially the same inputs with Robin? Dash > Reverse B?

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I believe, @ Snerp Snerp , we're not being too specific in our jargon. Part of that is my fault. Perhaps if we review this thread it would more intelligibly stimulate discussion:

http://smashboards.com/threads/turnaround-bs-b-reverses-and-wavebounces-know-the-difference.334389/

@ Kisatamura Kisatamura , I've done a regular pivot Nosferatu, on the ground, on many an occasion; it is useful for those times you read that the enemy rolls or lands behind you and instantly shields. Definitely a must-have technique.

Top Bottom