• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's v3.0 Changes?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I know the newest patch is less than a week away, so I'll be able to see for myself, but I was curious if any of the PMBR could point out any specific changes made to our favorite angelic warrior. Anything major, like a new move, or just minor tweaks?

cmart

Smash Lord
PIt's build has been fairly stable for a long time, so don't expect any large surprises. That being said, we have been paying attention to community feedback, so expect some small tweaks that target: safety on shield, dair sweetspot, and upsmash power. You'll be able to see and play with the specifics in a few days when we release along with a changelist.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
- Fixed animation glitches during Forward Smash 2 and angled Forward Tilts

This doesn't change any actual gameplay. Makes Pit's animation look more fluid.

- Standing Grab range slightly increased

Slight increase is a boon. Fishing for grabs is easier. Grabbing characters safely out of shield is easier.

- Down Tilt meteor sweetspot reduced in knockback. Tipper knockback behavior homogenized to be a standard launcher

While it's a nerf to the meteor hitbox, the launcher changes at the tipper are arguably a buff. With the IASA changes I've been able to string a series of dash cancel DTilts together at mid % vs fast fallers and midweights. By this I mean

DTilt > Input dash during IASA frames > Crouch during full run animation to cancel run in to DTilt > repeat

- Down Tilt IASA added two frames before the move ends

Second largest buff overall. DTilt had a lot of wonderful frame trap settings in 2.0 and on without IASA frames. Having IASA frames means that DTilt is 2 frames safer than it already was. Canceling it with Jab 1, a second DTilt, a dash command, Grab, Shield, etc are all viable options.

- Up Smash final hit knockback increased

Important buff. 2.6 and 2.6b saw the USmash Nerf. Now for those who are avid players, it was nerfed to the point of absurdity. You could usmash as an anti-air vs most of the cast at low to mid%, hit with the final hit, and be punished before the attack animation ended. This fixes that issue, as well as making his ability to KO vertically easier overall. This makes match ups vs Peach, and Co slightly better.

- Neutral Air revamped as a more traditional “drill” move. Hits an additional time, linking knockback tweaked for consistency, hitboxes cleaned up and sync’d to his blades, and the final hit has reduced knockback and hitlag

This is in my humble opinion the single most important buff received. DynaDash and I independently have been able to confirm that Nair > Grab, Nair > Jab 1, Nair > UTilt, and Nair > DTilt are all true combos even if starting the Nair at 0% vs a crouching opponent. For it to work properly, it is important to hit with the first hit of the Nair at the apex of Pit's short hop. It has to be delayed in the way that a Fox or Falco would delay their Nair to hit shielding opponents and have frame advantage upon landing. Anyone with experience as a space animal player will understand how this works. Same applies to shield.

- Down Air spike sweetspot has increased knockback and the trajectory was raised to send further outward

This makes learning the spacing, and set ups on Down Air all the more important. This is a potentially a huge step forward for Pit as a character if we can work together to learn the ins and outs of this largely untapped move.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
With the raised ceiling, are Pit's vertical launchers (primarily the Up+B I've never liked) in need of a buff, or is Pit's gimp-game going to become his main game? I imagine stages like Shadow Moses Island will be an unmitigated nightmare.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
no one plays non-casual games on shadow moses, though...

and i want to say it'll probably feel the same, since his usmash got a slight power buff (forget if his upb did...).

Top Bottom