• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pits Usmash Slides?

Hazuh

Smash Rookie
Have u ever C -stick Usmashed with pit then slid like a dacus?
Well i found out how to do it.
Start running On his Third Step Usmash With C stick He will Then slide A good Distance
I don't know how this is useful
So Lets try and find some useful ways any Ideas?

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Old.
And it isn´t that useful since Pit´s USmash simply sucks.

stealthgun

Smash Cadet
Yes this is already known but nothing is COMPLETELY useless. I find that the sliding U-smash is helpful for juggling people because if they air dodge, the chances are that you will still hit him because of the multiple hits or you can just grab him out of the landing lag, and mostly because they will often try to fall away from you and with the sliding U-smash you can keep your momentum and keep up with him and cover a wide area in case your opponent changes his recovery path to avoid it.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
The Sliding Usmash is usefull for people who like to hang out on platforms too much ^__^. It's a good way to rush under them and use a sliding Usmash. It's also very safe to do in that situation. And yes, this is old. Make sure you read a few things before posting something like this to make sure you aren't reintroducing an old topic (unless it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to reintroduce it). But I like your thinking. Never stop trying to find new uses for something ^__^.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
WTF? Are Pit's REALLY this far behind in the metagame. This move is AMAZING. My brother (who mains Pit but quit Brawl) came to read the Pit boards thread a few moments ago and promptly left after reading this thread. I implored him to correct you, but he refused, so I came here instead. If you're not using this move to chase whiffed aerials and even punish a lot of aerials, you're doing it horribly wrong.

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
What Pierce said. There are better options sometimes, but usmash is good in punishing aerials, especially running usmash.

And yes pierce, pit boards are horribly far behind in the metagame, that's why I don't come here often and rather play the game to improve.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
WTF? Are Pit's REALLY this far behind in the metagame. This move is AMAZING. My brother (who mains Pit but quit Brawl) came to read the Pit boards thread a few moments ago and promptly left after reading this thread. I implored him to correct you, but he refused, so I came here instead. If you're not using this move to chase whiffed aerials and even punish a lot of aerials, you're doing it horribly wrong.
So want to help discuss the right way, please? Not many spread their ideas except for select few on the pit boards. Its hard to really improve a character all by your lonesome too.
I think more pits came that are more open to discussion rather than oposition.

It always seemed to fail so I never really used it, without ever thinking of a right way to do it.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I use it to surpirse people who take too long on platforms. But now that I hear about punishing aerials I'll look into that too (I usually use Utilt to punish aerials). Maybe we can find out more things to do with this.

And I agree with Katana that not too many people voice their opinion here. And the reason I think this is, is that the people here usually shut down anything they think is "unnecessary". I don't mean to sound rude, but if you look for any past (and even present) Arrow Loop discussion, you'll see that people have generally said "Don't use it. It doesn't work. Period." This doesn't really allow room for growth, and it makes people afraid to post something that MIGHT be usefull because they're afraid of being rejected. I think that this is the Pit boards biggest flaw, and I don't see this flaw in other boards. We need to be more OPEN to new discussion instead of rejecting it if it introduces a topic we don't like (such as Arrow Looping). It's just something I've noticed in the Pit boards. And there might even be people who will be mad at me for posting this. But oh well ^__^.

stealthgun

Smash Cadet
^ Yes you can do that but at high levels of play be careful not to get read because it's fairly predictable. If they see it coming all they have to do is short hop off the side and hit you with an aerial or something.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I would test the Oos option. I'm bad at Oos. Recently with majority of success, except when I get hit before I upsmash, I measure 2 dashes. I dash in, stop... then dash in, up smash. Of course I change it up but they let their guard down after you stopped at the first dash.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Even shield drop hyphen smash is good.

Say a Mario (I like Mario) Bairs your shield. You can't shield grab. You cannot Fair, as your Fair is slow. You can chase with Usmash if it was a rising Fair.

How on earth do you punish people with good spacing using Utilt? The best usage for Utilt that I've seen so far is to use Pit's GODLY roll, and then utilt.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Thanks pierce, my metagame level has increased, lol. I always wondered what to do against like luigi's rising back airs as it seemed to be a frame trap to his next back air.

I'm am beast with pit but I don't have improving commentary for those I play against, thanks again.

Top Bottom