• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's tier placement

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so the Smash Back Room has put out the first tier list, and Pit's in the high tier. How do you guys feel about his placement? I for one feel that this is about right for the current metagame, and that he'll probably end up moving up.

Discuss.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit should stay high tier rather than supposingly him being in mid tier as he was earlier. I'm pretty sure that if ppl can use his mirror shield correctly, they would use it against certain recoveries, and MK is one of them. Good night, Ledgecampin MKs. Every one of MK's B moves, cept the cape can be reversed by the Mirror Shield, allowing Pit to reverse MK if you time it right against a ledgestaller or a MK that tries to recover. It works well on DK, Ike and both links too.
Good Pits like Sage are representing Pit really well. If only my significant arrow rain could help represent Pit...

Coffee™

I need it....
His placement seems just about right for the moment but in the future I definitely see him moving up a bit. At the very least I expect to see him being higher than DK, Kirby and Lucario.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I still think he should be at least 1 higher than Tink. Pit has more potential than some ppl give him credit for. Pit probably would have been even higher if he didnt have that Up-B flaw... Much higher. Even with that flaw, I expected him higher than Tink and the Mirror Shield is one of those reasons.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Pit should stay high tier rather than supposingly him being in mid tier as he was earlier. I'm pretty sure that if ppl can use his mirror shield correctly, they would use it against certain recoveries, and MK is one of them. Good night, Ledgecampin MKs. Every one of MK's B moves, cept the cape can be reversed by the Mirror Shield, allowing Pit to reverse MK if you time it right against a ledgestaller or a MK that tries to recover. It works well on DK, Ike and both links too.
Good Pits like Sage are representing Pit really well. If only my significant arrow rain could help represent Pit...
the mirror shield is good but there simply is not that much depth to it. Some characters you can force into a situation where you can mirror shield there recoveries. MK is not one of these characters. You'll really only gimp a mk with it if he doesn't know the matchup... like at all or just arrogantly aggressive.

I think pit tier placement is pretty accurate.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I didnt expect him to be put that high. Meh what was the list based off.

Probably your gonna say tourneys but which ones? All of them or just major ones? So do they have a record of tourneys documented? Or was it based off of what they thought was right. Because its to the point you cant just spam to win but there arent many good pits out there.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I didnt expect him to be put that high. Meh what was the list based off.

Probably your gonna say tourneys but which ones? All of them or just major ones? So do they have a record of tourneys documented? Or was it based off of what they thought was right. Because its to the point you cant just spam to win but there arent many good pits out there.
The list was based off of all tourny's that people sent the results in for, Match up's, and what people were saying about each charater and where they should be.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
Pit has potential.

I just think that none of the Pit players has brought Pit to his maximum potential. I also think that Pit players are striving to do this everyday. Pit has no huge gaping faults if placed in the right hands. His Up-B is gimpable, but a skilled player would make it much harder to hit Pit at that time. Like aforementioned somewhere on the boards, being a solid all around character isn't enough to win. Not all the time. Top Tier characters have things that make them GREAT! Pit, does not. When Pit players do find this thing (Because I believe there is one. Palutena's gotta have something) Pit will most certainly move up on the Tier list. Until then, I believe that Pit is placed appropriatly, on high tier.

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
i think that the main reason that he was placed where he was is that not a whole lot of people play him.
once people see what he can really do i think he will move up

Top Bottom