• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's fsmash

Pika_thunder

Smash Apprentice
The current public build is 3.0.2, and I have a problem with pit's fsmash. It doesn't link at kill percents for me. The first hit hits them, the opponent starts to think of his counter pick, I mash the A button, waiting for the second hit.....and..... They slide out of range in hit stun, I miss with the second hit, they kill me. This has happened to me so many times. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? If this is happening to everyone can this be changed? Sorry in advance if if just an idiot.

Last edited:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The current public build is 3.0.2, and I have a problem with pit's fsmash. It doesn't link at kill percents for me. The first hit hits them, the opponent starts to think of his counter pick, I mash the A button, waiting for the second hit.....and..... They slide out of range in hit stun, I miss with the second hit, they kill me. This has happened to me so many times. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? If this is happening to everyone can this be changed? Sorry in advance if if just an idiot.
It does link into a kill move you try First hit of the fsmash and then Usmash it usually works out.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
one thing that bothers me about his f-smash is the time you have to link the two hits, it's too short. it doesn't need to be as long as Link's but just slightly longer so i don't end up jabbing when trying to execute a well timed second hit. i think it would compliment his f-smash greatly

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
It sets up other things, like usmash or a stronger jab reset option.

Conti

Smash Ace
its very versatile, it throws people off too because its an underused move [well the way i play, everyones different], being able to cancle out the 1st hit is honestly one of the buffs i liked about pit in P:M, in brawl u could SDI his fsmash too, but it was fluent 2hits, so u didnt have the option to cancle out 1st hit into something like Up-Smash or Dtilt or even an angled F-tilt [another underused move honestly]. Fsmash isnt the most reliable of Pits kill moves IMO, its situational and just keep it as a mix up :]

as for the "its too short" honestly, that is what makes it good, its in a good short time frame where that it allows the setup to cancle out into other options, if they made it longer, you wouldnt be able to link an Upsmash or something into it ya know :3 think of it that way and youll start seeing more openings with the move :D

DarklyBigRabbi

Smash Cadet
It does link into a kill move you try First hit of the fsmash and then Usmash it usually works out.
Noob question here: How would you go about doing that? I'm assuming it isn't as simple as inputting the first hit of fsmash and then inputting the usmash.

Ethireal

Smash Rookie
It actually is that simple, once you're out of ending lag of the first hit of F Smash, just up smash as normal.

Liquid Brick

Smash Cadet
That sounds a little bit slow, but I'll try it out. Thanks!
It's not super fast, but then again, you'd only do that if your opponent is as kill % and they SDI the 1st hit of your F-Smash up and away. At that % and assuming you've actually hit them and not their shield, it should work as they'll be stunned by your F-Smash long enough.

Top Bottom