• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pits dair spike?

CeLL

Smash Lord
To be clear, there is no spike hitbox behind Pit, right? I've never been able to get the spike from the back.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
To be clear, there is no spike hitbox behind Pit, right? I've never been able to get the spike from the back.
I've been able to pull it off... like once or twice. I''m trying to find a use for it, but I can't think of one right now. Any ideas?

Life

Smash Hero
I've been attempting spike dair as a part of my dthrow followup repertoire. When I do get it it's usually a soft knockdown (ie. no tumble animation or tech opportunity) and I don't think I can usually follow up on it. (Roughly 24 frames of lag if I don't land and 10 frames of lag upon l-canceling.)

Besides that, maybe super late fair to glide to dair?

All this is super character and DI dependent obviously.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Arrow loop>dair spike :)
I actually missed someone with an arrow once, and as he was about to dash attack me, I looped it around, hit him with it, interrupting his dash attack, and got a free grab out of it.

lol

Life

Smash Hero
I actually missed someone with an arrow once, and as he was about to dash attack me, I looped it around, hit him with it, interrupting his dash attack, and got a free grab out of it.

lol
I got a kill on Ganondorf because I accidentally arrowed behind him in his wizkick startup.

If you're at like 20XX levels of arrow looping you can loop an arrow to hit someone who's got you grabbed...

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Arrow game is the next stepping stone in Pit's evolution.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Arrow game is the next stepping stone in Pit's evolution.
I got a kill on Ganondorf because I accidentally arrowed behind him in his wizkick startup.

If you're at like 20XX levels of arrow looping you can loop an arrow to hit someone who's got you grabbed...
I hit about 70% of my arrows and can loop 100%. I can get my looped arrows to hit specific locations like 30% of the time.

I spend so much time practicing with them. I practice hitting people from across awkward stages like Fourside and Saffron City. I practice juggling people in training mode at 400+%. I practice hitting people below/on the ledge. I practice continually gimping Fox/Falco. I practice looping. I practice using them to extend combos. So much practice lol

I think we can agree that it is the best projectile in PM. Approaching, shutting down approaches, gimping, comboing, you name it it does it.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I like looping in dem combos and on recovery
The combos are harder, still messing with the angels and crap

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
I like looping in dem combos and on recovery
The combos are a little harder, still messing with the angels and crap
I tend to loop them whenever they miss. I sometimes hit on the second pass, but it's rather hard to do that AND move at the same time. I've only had it convert into a combo once (see above), but I've never had it let my opponent get a hit on me, so I keep doing it lol

Thinking about this, if someone got to the point where they could keep arrows looping above the stage without impairing their movement very much, they could just keep one out and slam it into someone on command, for any reason. That sounds amazing.

Life

Smash Hero
Thinking about this, if someone got to the point where they could keep arrows looping above the stage without impairing their movement very much, they could just keep one out and slam it into someone on command, for any reason. That sounds amazing.
It would split the Pit's attention too much I think. You'd have to keep track of your arrow 100% of the time within about an opponent-sized unit of accuracy (hey there Olimar) while also trying to keep your movement ambiguous and unpredictable. Basically, nobody's that good.

CeLL

Smash Lord
It would split the Pit's attention too much I think. You'd have to keep track of your arrow 100% of the time within about an opponent-sized unit of accuracy (hey there Olimar) while also trying to keep your movement ambiguous and unpredictable. Basically, nobody's that good.
*cough20XXcough*

Life

Smash Hero
Right, I'm being silly again.

Was just rethinking this and I do think I could come up with some arrow exercises that might help (think Marth tipper training on green shells, except with arrows). Human limits on arrow tricks are certainly higher than my current limits. If nothing else I could use an accuracy buff on my current arrowing...

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Right, I'm being silly again.

Was just rethinking this and I do think I could come up with some arrow exercises that might help (think Marth tipper training on green shells, except with arrows). Human limits on arrow tricks are certainly higher than my current limits. If nothing else I could use an accuracy buff on my current arrowing...
Arrow exercises?

I practice hitting people from across awkward stages like Fourside and Saffron City. I practice juggling people in training mode at 400+%.

Last edited:

Bean Yak

Smash Cadet
NNID
Catman789
Can we just get some frame data on the dair? It's pretty hard to visualize with verbal descriptions.

edit: nevermind, it's in another thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom