• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Better Half: Dark Pit General/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Am I allowed to say that I think Dark Pit is an awesome idea... for a palette swap... or maybe a boss.... or an assist trophy...... or a (pardon my swearing) stage hazard?
Of course he's a great idea for a palette swap, that's why he is likely, just look at Lucina :awesome:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Of course he's a great idea for a palette swap, that's why he is likely, just look at Lucina :awesome:
I would be ok with Dark Pit getting the Lucina treatment if I wasn't biased against Dark Pit for being Shadow the Angel... AND THAT KI IS ALREADY OVERLY GOSH-FLABBING REPRESENTED JESUS CHRIST I'M SO ANGRY. Also, he isn't good waifu material (which after glossing over the current roster, is a major boon to one's chances of becoming playable).

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I would be ok with Dark Pit getting the Lucina treatment if I wasn't biased against Dark Pit for being Shadow the Angel... AND THAT KI IS ALREADY OVERLY GOSH-FLABBING REPRESENTED JESUS CHRIST I'M SO ANGRY. Also, he isn't good waifu material (which after glossing over the current roster, is a major boon to one's chances of becoming playable).
Well think about it this way, and this also applies to other clones, if we didn't have Dark Pit in the roster, then we wouldn't have anyone in his place, so would you rather make some people happy, or no one at all?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Now that he's for sure in.

I'm all for edgy pit. I don't see a reason to use normal pit now that we have an edgier variation haha

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Except Dark Pit IS NOT JUST A PALLETE SWAP. There are so many annoying arguments against Dark Pit that all only ever add up to "hes a calur swep lawl"

It's ridiculous enough on Bandana Dee with the whole "generic" argument and even that does not compare to how stupid the Dark Pit "Pallete Swap" argument is.

Dark Pit is more of Pit's twin brother than his dark counterpart (which just made all the Pit/Dark Pit yaoi fics on the interenet even freakier than they already were.......), but if Mario and Luigi are any indication, being twin brothers doesn't mean they can't be seperate characters. Dark Pit is a serious-minded, no-nonsense from nobody type of character with his own powers stolen from Pandora (I also like to think he found a way to retreive Pandora's powers again after Uprising's ending) which differ greatly from Pit's powers, which come from Palutena.

Besides that, there's such a huge variety of weapons in Kid Icarus Uprising that even if Dark Pit WAS just an evil counterpart, he'd still have moveset potential and quite frankly, that's what Sakurai is after.

Like I said before, Dark Pit and Pit have different personalities. Pit is more happy-go-lucky optimist who can't resist jokes and bad puns (I also pretend the "naughty" things Pit was thinking about in Chapter 2 were things completely different the "pervert" notions most people took from it) and is everlastingly loyal to Palutena. Pit's confirmed weapons for Smash 4 are Palutena Bow, Upperdash Arm, and Guardian Orbitars.

Dark Pit is, again, a serious-minded, no-nonsense from nobody "I'm not your servant" type of character who makes snarky remarks whenever he can. He can also verbally pwn Hades just by telling him that he's ignoring him with no words past that. And again, he STOLE his powers from Pandora, giving abilities beyond Pit. Dark Pit is confirmed to canonically have a Silver Bow, Ogre Club, Viole(n)t Palm, First Blade, Dark Pit Staff, and EZ Canon, meaning it's very likely he has Pandora Claws or Tiger Claws, as well as Gemini Orbitars (You find them in the underground temple battleground, meaning he might've stashed them there).

These can easily be translated into a moveset that's very different from Pit's. Not to mention his basic stance would obviously be the more calm one from Uprising when he's holding his Silver Bow. Unlike Pit's new "fly in one direction" move, Dark Pit can have the slightly longer lasting Pandora's Flight with more control and speed than the recovery in Brawl at the exchange of one midair jump and no gliding mechanic. Dark Pit is also much more "aggro" than Pit, and we all know he's much more ferocious (though not exactly "fundamentally wicked and destructive" as Palutena would title him) than Pit, meaning his attacks would show more aggresion in the animation and his facial expressions, with a few cocky grins/smirks in some of them.

If one must have a comparison, Pit and Dark Pit are a lot like Sonic and Shadow. They may look similar, but there's no way to mistake them for each other, ESPECIALLY after playing Kid Icarus Uprising.

Honestly, I could make any number of movesets for Dark Pit and all of them would work with his personality and style. I could make a really sensible one right on the spot here, if you'd like to see just how different and diverse Dark Pit can be.

And as for Pallete Swaps for Dark Pit, well, I think these ones posted before would make them different enough. For reference, Pit:

And then Dark Pit:

Would you like to see what I can up with out of nowhere on here? I'd be ever so the most happy to oblige.
And don't you dare call me selfish or egotistical or otherwise from that, because I'm not, I just like imagining things. Plus I'm a fanfic writer with many awesome power ideas in mind, so I can't help but want to think up a reasonable working moveset for a character.

Not to mention I'm all too eager to thoroughly crush blatant arguments that don't work when you really know the character.

Very great Post.

I hope Sakurai is conscious oneself how important is Pittoo. And I hope enough supporters write him to convince him. =/

Maikou

Smash Ace
Very great Post.

I hope Sakurai is conscious oneself how important is Pittoo. And I hope enough supporters write him to convince him. =/
Thank you.

You know what? why not, have a few movesets for Dark Pit that show how he can be completely different from Pit!

Stage enter animation: Quickly comes in from a purple light with black feathers, landing on one knee while facing the screen before turning right and taking his idle stance, with a simple shout of "Let's do this!"

Idle animation: Same as Kid Icarus: Uprising's Bow stance. Sometimes test flaps wings, occasionally takes Pit's Brawl stance for a short second before resuming his normal one.

Walking animation: same one from Uprising. Speed: slightly faster than Pit's walking speed.
Running animation: Again, same as Uprising. Speed: Again, slightly faster than Pit's walking speed.
Jumping animation: Same as Pit's in Brawl. Jump height: slightly greater than Pit.
Second jump animations: Same as Pit's. Second and third jumps are also slightly greater than Pit's.
All these animations are universal to my movesets, meaning that they do not change between the different ideas.

Moveset A:

Basic attacks: (All unlisted are exactly the same as Pit's, except for slightly greater damage and knockback power)

AAA: Same combo from Uprising. First slash does 2% and flinch, second slash does 2% and flinch, and final slash causes 5% and knockback.

Dash Attack: A jumping kick, not unlike Fox's dash move, with slightly different animation and similar damage % and knockback.

Down Smash: Dark Pit splits the Silver Bow and slashes both blades downward on either side of him. Causes 5% damage and flinching uncharged, fully charged causes 12% damage and appropriate knockback.

Neutral Air: Dark Pit performs an odd variation of Link's Spin Attack and tilts his body slightly, almost to the point of being horizontal, before spinning with one blade held properly in his right hand and the other held in reverse grip in his left. 3% damage per hit and knockback.

Back Air: Dark Pit performs two reverse kicks not unlike Link's Back Air, the first causes 3% damage and flinching, while the second causes 5% damage and knockback.

Forward Air: Dark Pit fires a relatively weak and short-ranged arrow forwards. Causes 5% damage and flinching, lasts about two seconds and flies about as fast as Pit's Brawl arrows.

Down Air: Dark Pit stalls and then falls with a powerful downward kick that can easily be jumped out of to halt. Hitting anywhere on the foot causes a Meteor Smash with 12% damage, anywhere on the leg causes 5% damage and some upwards knockback.

Up Air: Dark Pit fires a relatively weak and short ranged arrow upwards. Same stats as FAir, though does cause knockback.

Specials:

Neutral B: Arrow Shot. Dark Pit draws an arrow on the Silver Bow when the button is pressed, and when released, it flies. Holding longer charges the arrow's power, however that takes a few seconds and can be held even after fully charging. When charging an arrow, Dark Pit controls as though he's holding a Cracker Launcher item from Brawl, though aiming is much faster. Minimal damage is 3% with flinching, maximum damage is 7% with knockback.

Side B: Staff Shot. Dark Pit pulls out the Dark Pit Staff and fires it forwards. Causes 6% damage and knockback, however the animation takes a moment for Dark Pit to twirl his staff before putting it away and pulling the Silver Bow back out, and it cannot be spammed due to a short moment of charging for the next shot (a la the game mechanic from KIU)

Up B: Pandora's Flight. Dark Pit gains unlimited and precise aerial mobility for 3 seconds to recover.

Down B: Pandora Claws. Akin to Marth/Roy/Lucina's side specials, Dark Pit whips out the claws and with button imput, performs the five-strike combo from Kid Icarus Uprising. In the air, the move changes to a quick, single strike. Four strikes cause flinching, last one causes knockback. first jab causes 2%, second causes 2%, third causes 4%, fourth causes 1% and fifth causes 6%. Midair strike causes 5% damage and knockback.

Final Smash: "Take this!" Dark Pit activates the full power of Pandora's Flight and flies to the foreground in the center of the screen. To emulate the flight sections of Kid Icarus Uprising, moving the joystick/Circle Pad will cause the reticle from Uprising to appear and move around, pressing the special attack button will cause Dark Pit to fire arrows. Holding the button causes rapid fire, waiting a few seconds between each shot results in a more powerful attack. After 40 seconds, Dark Pit will yell, "See ya!" and rain his arrows upon the screen, each one doing 1% damage and flinching before the final ones send you flying. All animations look nearly identical to Uprising.

Taunts:
UP: Pulls bow apart in dual reverse grip just like in the pre-boss cutscene in-game with the line "Come on!"
SIDE: Performs Pit's "You're not ready yet!" animation from Brawl, with the line "I thought you were tougher!"
DOWN: Takes the stance from the pre-midboss cutscene in the Lunar Sanctum with the line "Bring it."

Victory Screens:
1: Takes pose from pre-midboss cutscene in the Lunar Sanctum, complete with Silver Bow sticking to his back. Says line "Too easy!"
2: Slashes at the screen multiple times before posing and saying, "I'm nobody's pawn!" Against Pit/Palutena: "C'mon Pit, I thought you were better than that!"/"Stop calling me 'Pittoo'!"
3: Does the same animation from when a Staff Wielder wins in KIU's Together mode battles with the line "Try harder next time!"

Moveset B:

Basic Attacks: (All non listed are the same as Pit's with about 1% more damage from each of them due to Dark Pit's more aggressive nature)

AAA: Same combo from Uprising. First slash does 2% and flinch, second slash does 2% and flinch, and final slash causes 5% and knockback.

Dash Attack: Same move from Uprising, each hit causes 1% damage and flinch, the final hit causing 5% damage and knockback.

Down Smash: a diagonally downwards arrow shot akin to ZSS' down smash, however the arrow actually shoots and when used over a cliff, will function like a ranged attack and fly straight. Causes a small energy burst upon hitting non-players that causes 3% and flinching with no charge, and 7% plus knockback when fully charged. The arrow itself causes 3% when uncharged, and 8% plus knockback when fully charged.

Neutral Air: Dark Pit performs an odd variation of Link's Spin Attack and tilts his body slightly, almost to the point of being horizontal, before spinning with one blade held properly in his right hand and the other held in reverse grip in his left. 3% damage per hit and knockback.

Back Air: Kicks backwards. 5% and knockback

Forward Air: vertically slashes with the Silver Bow similar to Pit's forward Smash in Brawl, though in the air and without the second attack. 7% and knockback.

Down Air: Dark Pit stalls and then falls with a powerful downward kick that can easily be jumped out of to halt. Hitting anywhere on the foot causes a Meteor Smash with 12% damage, anywhere on the leg causes 5% damage and some upwards knockback.

Up Air: performs a back-flip kick similar to Mario's. 7% and upwards knockback.

Specials:

Neutral: Arrow Shot. Quickly fires a charged shot from his bow with the same animation from Kid Icarus Uprising. 10% and knockback, but 3 seconds being unable to use it again afterwards.

Side: Pandora Claws. Dashes forwards and slashes with the Pandora Claws similar to the Kid Icarus Uprising Dash attack, and travels about as far as Falco's side special. Causes 9% damage and knockback, Causes helpless when used midair.

Up: Pandora's Flight. Dark Pit gains unlimited and precise aerial mobility for 3 seconds to recover.

Down: Dark Pit Staff. Fires the staff either forward on the ground or downwards in the air.

Final Smash: Pandora's Powers Unleashed. Dark Pit pulls out all stops, activating his flight and moving completely freely across the screen akin to Super Dragon Yoshi and Super Sonic. In this state he fire arrows with the special button or perfom melee attacks with the attack button, all of which are super powered by Pandora's purple glow. After 30 seconds, this wears off and Dark Pit resumes normal fighting.

(If there's one thing that's difficult with Dark Pit, it's undoubtedly making a working Final Smash that makes sense for the character)

Taunts:
Up: Performs the "You're not ready yet!" animation with line "See ya!"
Side: twirls his Silver Bow just like Pit's victory taunt from Brawl with the line "Try me."
Down: tosses the Silver Bow into the air before making a "Bring it" motion with his fingers before catching the weapon and resuming his stance.

Victory Screens:
1: Performs the KIU Staff Wielder victory animation from Together Mode battles with the line "Too easy!"
2: With his Silver Bow on his back, Dark Pit crosses his arms and smirks, saying "Bring it on any time."
3: Slashes at the screen a few times before saying "I'm nobody's pawn!"/"Seriously, that is the LAST time I wanna hear 'Pittoo'!"/"Better luck next time, Pit-stain!"

Ikieri

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4824-9515
Here's a list of weapons that Dark Pit was featured with:

Main Story-
Silver Bow
First Blade
Violet Palm
Ogre Club
EZ Cannon

Weapon Collection-
Samurai Blade
Gaol Blade
Dark Pit Staff
Pandora Claws
Darkness Bow

Ninja Palm
Magnus Club
Leo Cannon
Gemini Orbitars
Kraken Arm

Pit wasn't featured with the Upperdash Arm or the Guardian Orbitars but what else?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Guys there's footage of Bowser Jr. and Shulk on right now.
Dark Pit is a SHOOOOOOOO-IIN! YES! YES!YES! YES!YES! YES!YES! YES!YES! YES!YES! YES!YES! YES!YES! YES!
Ugh, my heart sank when I realized those leaks were real. No way those videos can be...I mean, you'd havta work so hard... it's very convincing. By why should Dr. Mario be his own character...? Ugh. Oh well. But yeah, Dark Pit's there as Palutena's trailer would have suggested. You seem very happy so congrats!

Maikou

Smash Ace
Well now, I just hope his moveset is diverse and unique enough to be Semi-Clonish.

Now I just need to hope that Bandana Dee will be a character.......

I must hope..........hope.........

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Wow Dark Pit is really in! Finally! I little angry that he have chances to be clonier because of his position between the other clones (Lucia, Dr. Mario)

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
And why didn't Sakurai show Darkpit in his videos like Lucina? o.o

And why the ambiguous at the end in the trailer? Its not very sensefull I think. ^^

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Dark Pit using his staff makes me actually question if he's a *clone*

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
If his final smash is also three sacred treasures

I don't even know what to do

I hope is either the lightning chariot or he summons Pandora or something

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
For comparison, here's a better image to see that that is definitely his Dark Pit Staff. With him having the Dark Pit Staff and never using an Arm or Palm in KI:U's Story mode, I have no idea what's going on.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, Dark Pit is confirmed. And it looks like he will be using his signature staff too.

Time to celebrate, I guess!

And why didn't Sakurai show Darkpit in his videos like Lucina? o.o

And why the ambiguous at the end in the trailer? Its not very sensefull I think. ^^
Sakurai is a troll. That's why.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Hm... I wonder why though? the Silver Bow is Dark Pit's signature weapon. I could maybe understand if he had a moveset change type of mechanic, but Sakurai removed those so people could enjoy single movesets for entire fights.....I'm confused. Either way, all "clone" theories are now dead and dust, so whatever.....I guess.

D

Deleted member

You really have to question why Dark Pit is using the Dark Pit Staff?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Dark Pit using his staff makes me actually question if he's a *clone*

Hah, just noticed this. DP uses quite a few weapons in KI:U, predominantly the Silver Bow, First Blade, and Dark Pit Staff, although the later is only associated with him as much as it is in name. He's also used the Violet Palm, EZ Cannon, and Ogre Club in his namesake stage, and he's associated with the Gemini Orbitars, being that they're obtained in his stage and they're, yaknow, a constellation of twins.

If I had to imagine a playstyle, I guess his best attacks would be ranged ones, and he'd have a host of "get off me" attacks to supplement it, much like most good Staff sets in KIU. Funnily, this is the opposite of how Pit appears to play now, having a powerful close-range game with moves to force the opponent to come in.

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
If I had to imagine a playstyle, I guess his best attacks would be ranged ones, and he'd have a host of "get off me" attacks to supplement it, much like most good Staff sets in KIU. Funnily, this is the opposite of how Pit appears to play now, having a powerful close-range game with moves to force the opponent to come in.
That's tons of sense, and he probably can glide (what am I saying? that mechanic is probably not returning)

Pit has a very strong close range game now, and is toughened up in every department except his bow and the cut of his gliding, What Pit misses will be there in Dark Pit, as staffs aren't really good in close range.

As Pit can use Palutena's bow(main), Upperdash arm, and Guardian Orbiters, I'm gonna assume that Dark Pit's gonna use Dark Pit staff(main), Ogre club, and .. ?

Pitoo has his staff for a better ranged game, reaches far unlike Pit's bow, but uncontrollable, his club is his close combat option, both characters side B's grant them super armor, but Pit's faster and has better reach than Pitoo's.

I can't find a good alternative for Dark Pit, thought of Pandora claws but he doesn't really use them in the game, thought about Pandora claws because that would represent Pandora in a way, of course, only Sakurai can show us..
Pit having the Dark Pit Staff as his signature weapon, implies that his normal attacks are different, so different animations, mostly everywhere.

I just can't see a clone of pit, when both wield different main weapons.

D

Deleted member

My favorite character from Uprising is actually going to be in it, and more than just a Lucina-esque clone because of his staff?!?! YES! Although, I kinda was already 100% on him after I saw this picture:
Pit's sandals are black here, and they're normally brown. And it wasn't just the Nosferatu effect. Obviously this replaces his black palette from Brawl.

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
I can't say I'm happy about this. Not only does Kid Icarus not deserve a third rep, but Hades would have been a far more interesting/deserving choice. He's simply the best there is.

That said, I'm not super bothered -- at least Pittoo is actually his own character, unlike a certain pharmaceutical Italian. He's a cool guy and I'll probably end up playing as him. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom