• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Better Half: Dark Pit General/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Would you guys like if Dark Pit's victory fanfare was the Kid Icarus theme but played with acoustic guitars instead?, kinda how Meta Knight's was in Brawl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't, know why I haven't been on this thread. Dark Pit would be a great character for Smash. I mentioned this in the Official Character Discussion thread, but Dark Pit seems to be the key to friendship. So, I would to take this opportunity to create an alliance of all Dark Pit supporters. I think I'll create a Group for supporters of Dark Pit appearing in Smash 4!
dark pit alliance.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Here are a lot data of Pit. Under Pit are buttons. You can see all his colors... The new color is orange.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/pit
That site isn't affiliated with Nintendo or Sakurai.
The site is using images made by Deviantart user SimpleDark.
SimpleDark made a set of colors "based on the demo", which included an orange Pit.
There was no orange Pit in the demo. There was a green Pit that wore an orange scarf. Just like in Brawl.
The site also uses a dark red color for Pit's red palette, also made by SimpleDark in his "demo" set.
Pit's red palette is light red. Just like in Brawl.
SimpleDark made errors.
The site is using errors as legit palettes.

There is no orange palette.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Count me out! This whole Dark Pit propaganda is pretty annoying to some people on these boards, and it think he seems much better qualified to be a color swap.

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Count me out! This whole Dark Pit propaganda is pretty annoying to some people on these boards, and it think he seems much better qualified to be a color swap.

You know that Darkpit has one of the most potential right? ^^

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Dark Pit is my third most wanted, only behind Leon Powalski and Bandana Dee. So... I'm a supporter :chuckle:

domokl

Smash Lord
sakurai broke the name theory in todays pic of the day with meta knight. so that can no longer be used as a point againsht dark pit.

D

Deleted member

"Propaganda"? Coming from the same person who wouldn't shut up about how Nintendo is going to buy Sega?

The only "propaganda" involved with Pittoo is MorbidAltruism's set of posts in the Character Discussion Thread.
If you don't like Dark Pit, that's fine. But don't come into this thread to spout your bull****.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
"Propaganda"? Coming from the same person who wouldn't shut up about how Nintendo is going to buy Sega?

The only "propaganda" involved with Pittoo is MorbidAltruism's set of posts in the Character Discussion Thread.
If you don't like Dark Pit, that's fine. But don't come into this thread to spout your bull****.
I haven't talked about that specific topic in DAYS!!

And about the bolded, I don't bomb people about Dark Pit like you do Krystal, so we're even.

D

Deleted member

I haven't talked about that specific topic in DAYS!!
Like that makes a difference. :rolleyes:

And about the bolded, I don't bomb people about Dark Pit like you do Krystal, so we're even.
Lol, what the Hell are you smoking?

Aside from that, if you got nothing worth discussing here other than you hating the Dark Pit "propaganda" then just stay out of this thread. Simple as that.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Ok, I know nothing of kid icarus uprising. But why the hell do you want Dark pit as a character? He is literally a recolor of pit! Does he have different powers or something?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ok, I know nothing of kid icarus uprising. But why the hell do you want Dark pit as a character? He is literally a recolor of pit! Does he have different powers or something?
Yes, and technically Pit can use all of the weapons Dark Pit has, but Pit is already has the Palutena Bow, the Guardian Orbitars, and the Upperdash Arm, so they can easily differentiate Dark Pit by giving him the Dark Pit Staff, Pandora Claws, Silver Bow, and possibly a Palm, Cannon, or Club to easily make him a Luigified clone.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Yes, and technically Pit can use all of the weapons Dark Pit has, but Pit is already has the Palutena Bow, the Guardian Orbitars, and the Upperdash Arm, so they can easily differentiate Dark Pit by giving him the Dark Pit Staff, Pandora Claws, Silver Bow, and possibly a Palm, Cannon, or Club to easily make him a Luigified clone.
Why do you want him? what makes the character so interesting despite being a bad pit?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Why do you want him? what makes the character so interesting despite being a bad pit?
His aggressive personality makes him very interesting and the amount of weapons in Uprising leads brings great potential as a semi-clone is the main reason why I support Dark Pit all the way, an offense and ranged-based Pit would totally fit my style of play, I never really liked the weak power Pit had back in Brawl, I think Dark Pit would be the solution.

D

Deleted member

He's not a "bad Pit".
He was neutral at worst (didn't take orders from anyone), then later allied himself with Pit when he realized that they are connected by fate (if Pit dies, Pittoo also dies) and became more of a comically serious twin brother of sorts.

He's more down-to-earth than the rest of the cast, and calls things as he sees it (for example, pointing out how Palutena and Viridi are essentially just as bad as the likes of Medusa and Hades in the sense that they all cause problems in the world with their divine powers and fighting amongst themselves while placing blame on the human race; to which Palutena didn't deny) and is a manifestation of the traits Pit tries to hide; arrogance and thrill of battle.

Weavel

Smash Ace
He's not a "bad Pit".
He was neutral at worst (didn't take orders from anyone), then later allied himself with Pit when he realized that they are connected by fate (if Pit dies, Pittoo also dies) and became more of a comically serious twin brother of sorts.

He's more down-to-earth than the rest of the cast, and calls things as he sees it (for example, pointing out how Palutena and Viridi are essentially just as bad as the likes of Medusa and Hades in the sense that they all cause problems in the world with their divine powers and fighting amongst themselves while placing blame on the human race; to which Palutena didn't deny) and is a manifestation of the traits Pit tries to hide; arrogance and thrill of battle.
You just made this series sound so much more interesting, I think I got to pick up this game now.

Edit: You know what? Dark pit for smash!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You just made this series sound so much more interesting, I think I got to pick up this game now.
You should; it'll help you get a better understanding of why people like the fleshed-out cast (not just Dark Pit, but Palutena, the big bundle of laughs (and death) that is Hades, etc.).

Though I hope me bringing up Hades didn't just spoil a major part of the game for you...

Weavel

Smash Ace
You should; it'll help you get a better understanding of why people like the fleshed-out cast (not just Dark Pit, but Palutena, the big bundle of laughs (and death) that is Hades, etc.).

Though I hope me bringing up Hades didn't just spoil a major part of the game for you...
Looks like it takes from the greek mythos so I kind of expect him.

dedekong

Smash Cadet
Here are some of my reasons as someone who has been supporting the character for over two years now:

My favorite song in Kid Icarus: Uprising is Dark Pit's Theme (which was featured in the Smash Direct btw). I'm hoping a variation of it will play whenever he wins a battle.

Dark Pit isn't just a "bad pit," he's literally a neutral party for most of the game, and is one of the few characters in KI:U that thinks independently. Continuing with Dark Pit's role in KI:U, which also happens to be my favorite 3DS game, he has a large arc that spans most of the game and is given extremely important moments in the story...I won't state them to avoid spoilers, so go buy the game.

Dark Pit is also quite unique amongst the doppelgänger trope that is prevalent throughout Nintendo's video game catalog: he isn't a one off moment like Dark Link or the other Dark Nintendo characters, but happens to literally carve out his own place in the main plot. I think Sakurai really pushes this idea of Dark Pit being special by introducing another kind of doppelgänger for Pit later on in the game.

Stepping outside of Nintendo specific tradition and tropes, Fighting games also have a tradition of introducing hidden "evil" versions of characters that are technically clones, but have their own feel and personality. We've seen this in Street Fighter and even in Tekken, who has developers working on this game might I add, so the "evil"/"dark" addition of Dark Pit wouldn't be any different than what gamers have seen prior—well, except for the fact that this character actually has a back story and isn't just a random inclusion.

One thing that should really be acknowledged at this point is Sakurai's clear and present bias towards Kid Icarus: Uprising. I'm all for it. Sakurai tweaked Pit's move set to include weapons featured in Uprising. Palutena herself also uses a lot of Uprising's items along with her heavenly powers. However, all of them are not yet featured—most curiously, Staffs. I find this curious because there is one staff in particular which would be perfect for Dark Pit...the Dark Pit Staff. As I have said before, I am a fan of Kid Icarus: Uprising, and would love to see as many of the weapons/items featured in that game to shift over to Smash. Since Pit clearly can not use all of these weapons. One of the main augments against Dark Pit is that he's no different from Pit in Kid Icarus: Uprising, which, ironically enough, makes him the perfect candidate for these unused weapons.

My original reason for liking Dark Pit and wanting him in Smash is really simple, though: I like his character design.

Weavel

Smash Ace
So I bought kid icarus uprising today, haven't played it yet but I will.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
of course he does, he's just trying to start a flame war
Yes it would be great ^^ =). Maybe Sakurai will do that.

Here are some of my reasons as someone who has been supporting the character for over two years now:

My favorite song in Kid Icarus: Uprising is Dark Pit's Theme (which was featured in the Smash Direct btw). I'm hoping a variation of it will play whenever he wins a battle.

Dark Pit isn't just a "bad pit," he's literally a neutral party for most of the game, and is one of the few characters in KI:U that thinks independently. Continuing with Dark Pit's role in KI:U, which also happens to be my favorite 3DS game, he has a large arc that spans most of the game and is given extremely important moments in the story...I won't state them to avoid spoilers, so go buy the game.

Dark Pit is also quite unique amongst the doppelgänger trope that is prevalent throughout Nintendo's video game catalog: he isn't a one off moment like Dark Link or the other Dark Nintendo characters, but happens to literally carve out his own place in the main plot. I think Sakurai really pushes this idea of Dark Pit being special by introducing another kind of doppelgänger for Pit later on in the game.

Stepping outside of Nintendo specific tradition and tropes, Fighting games also have a tradition of introducing hidden "evil" versions of characters that are technically clones, but have their own feel and personality. We've seen this in Street Fighter and even in Tekken, who has developers working on this game might I add, so the "evil"/"dark" addition of Dark Pit wouldn't be any different than what gamers have seen prior—well, except for the fact that this character actually has a back story and isn't just a random inclusion.

One thing that should really be acknowledged at this point is Sakurai's clear and present bias towards Kid Icarus: Uprising. I'm all for it. Sakurai tweaked Pit's move set to include weapons featured in Uprising. Palutena herself also uses a lot of Uprising's items along with her heavenly powers. However, all of them are not yet featured—most curiously, Staffs. I find this curious because there is one staff in particular which would be perfect for Dark Pit...the Dark Pit Staff. As I have said before, I am a fan of Kid Icarus: Uprising, and would love to see as many of the weapons/items featured in that game to shift over to Smash. Since Pit clearly can not use all of these weapons. One of the main augments against Dark Pit is that he's no different from Pit in Kid Icarus: Uprising, which, ironically enough, makes him the perfect candidate for these unused weapons.

My original reason for liking Dark Pit and wanting him in Smash is really simple, though: I like his character design.

I couldn't say it better before like you. I really like Darkpit and I believe if Darkpit will be playable, more gamers would like him too. =) Maybe even the gamers who don't like Darkpit or gamer who think he is just a clone will like him after try him.

But there is one thing... Darkpit stole the power of the goddes Pandora. What could he do with that in SSB4? I think he will not fly infinite. It would be to OP.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Considering Dark Pit is literally a clone by definition, it'd be incredibly ironic if he wasn't a clone moveset-wise, especially when we already have Lucina who is her own person (though granted her reasoning for getting in is more behind-the-scenes technical).

Btw, I'm not exactly for Dark Pit, but I'm not against him either. I guess you could say I'm neural, just like him. :p

D

Deleted member

I've realized something.
A lot of what detractors use as arguing points as why Dark Pit can't work as a separate character has a relevant counter:

And unlike Pit and Pittoo, it's the same character.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Yep. Just like Mario and Dr. Mario.

The argument is rather tired.
Or Samus and Zero Suit Samus...
Zelda and Sheik...

EDIT: I know they are completely different characters (gameplay wise) but is the same person in different roster slots. :V

Last edited:

xxTailsxx

Smash Cadet

Sorry I dont know if this was discussed but what does that mean?? Remember Chrom appears in Robins picture even though hes deconfirmed so..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom