• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Absolute Defence

Smash Rookie
I haven't tested this out with every1 but when i play as pit, down+b works as a L/R shield and since u shatter his down+b would this technically be an absolute defense? So far it has withstood Dk's charged punch, falcon kicks, and lots of smashes. If any1 can test this out with other people that would be pretty cool. PLZ & TY!

Off topic: PIT IS NOT CHEAP! marth in melee was indeed cheap but comparing him to pit is just ridiculous. In melee marth has insane range and that is enough to constitute cheapness. having 2 reflectors isn't exactly what id consider cheap. besides if ur strategy lies solely on projectiles then you should be prepared to fight someone with a reflector. you cant call fox, falco, and wolf cheap because they have a reflector so why pick on pit?

I think u all fear teh angel of darkness!! (pit/black outfit)

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
Well if you didn't know that, then be amazed by this info! The mirror shield can spin people around like mario's cape. You can reflect the space animal up+b recoveries. Doesn't work on everything(like Bowser's upb) but works on many attacks. Enjoy owning your noob space animals with this technique :D

No I didn't discover this info; it is pretty well known amongst Pit users.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Also keep in mind that the Mirror Shield retracts itself after fifteen seconds. At any time either your feet or head is exposed. You can be grabbed from it. Your back is complete exposed and you can't turn around after the shield is out.

But I know what you're saying. We haven't seen anything "absolute" before in the Smash franchise.

Oh and welcome to Smashboards!

Ronin71

Smash Rookie
I read somewhere pit has no true combos if thats true wouldnt that make him defensive? If its not what are some of his combos
He is who i use the most but im new to the game

m0nkey1sme

Smash Rookie
as areply to the off topic comment, a lot of people consider his arrow spamming to be a broken projectile game. he also has two reflectors which would not make any character cheap but for other people, its another upside. another thing most people dont like is his recovery, since a good pit can avoid being hit during, and after his up-B ( of course this is difficult against other fliers). But i agree, pit is not that cheap. of course i dont spam arrows, so i cant say for sure. Wolf however is adifferent story. lasers that interupt your jumps and pretty much make you fast fall, a forward smash that has almost no lag and reaches a quarter of fd and can kill , and a down smash that kills pit-weight characters at 95%, unloaded, no return. I hate wolves.

Top Bottom