• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit

Jarvis75

Smash Rookie
Pit keeps beating my *** every time I fight against a good pit player. His dspecial pwns my blaster, and often my kos on him are bairing him off the stage. Which sometimes results in my own death anyhow. Help me fellow Wolf users, you are my only hope (lawl star wars). Seriously though, anyone have a good approach on Pit or any advice?

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
OK, pit can be a tough matchup no doubt, but there are ways around him:

First things first, your bair, and your fair are your best aerials in the fight no matter what. Abuse the back aerial for kills, and get in close with the fair, which can also kill him as well. Your only use for your shine in this match would be to stun and go for a quick damage rack up, since his arrows fly faster then you can put up your shine( unless you can predict it). shield dashing to me is a good way to stop his arrows, and get close for maybe an f-smash or f-tilt. Nair into him followed by a shine then f-tilt for some sheild stab and damage. Once this guys off the edge, spam your blaster. SH blaster him until he trys to go either for the edge or above you, if he goes for the edge, hug the edge, drop down and backair or dair(if your confidant) to his death. When your off the edge, use your telestepping and "scarring"(if possible on that stage) to get back safely without dealing with pit to much. If you need that quick kill, Nair into a auto dodge foloowed by an d-smash to take him out at 90-120% of damage. So far, I've only played a few pits, and that's what I used against them. Im sure their are other players here with some more advice, but for now here's mine buddy.

Wish you luck against pit.

JCav

Smash Lord
im am glad that you presented this, as a wolf user, i find that pit is one of the hardest matchups for wolf. however the best thing that i try to take advantage of over pit is wolfs range.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
Generally I find Wolf has the hardest time with characters who outrange/outspeed his blaster with their own projectiles. I do think the reflector is fairly useful against Pit if only for the fact that it means he really can't just camp out and shoot at you if you don't want to let him. If necessary you can just chill with the reflector up until he has to approach you.

For all characters like this, I believe Wolf needs to get up close and personal. This is the strategy that helped me beat a nasty Toon Link (I made a thread asking for advice on that matchup and some of it may carry over to this one in some ways, so you could try reading that also. It might be on the second page by now.) Make use of Wolf's approach options with his Nair and Bair. Nair can go through Pit's shield so he cannot shield grab you, and Bair if spaced properly can hit from far away enough that again he cannot shield grab you. Edgeguarding helps, but it's not the best strategy due to Pit's insane recovery. Instead I suggest staying aggressive and building up as much damage as you can with Wolf's killer AAA combo and Ftilt, and then go for a KO with Dsmash. Make a point of learning about how high you need to get his % on various stages to be sure you'll KO (remember to factor in DI) with Dsmash and SAVE IT FOR KOs so you can do this. Your goal is to KO him as quickly and efficiently as possible.

OxyMorman

Smash Rookie
Okay this is a hard match-up but u can win it if u stick to a few key pointers. these pertain to pits main advantages against u.
1. Range - pit has u dominated here, so keep the pressure on at all times and make sure u dont let up
2. Priority - Pit has some great priority over u so make sure to practice your bak A because it beats many of his moves if u are good wit it, also shine.......shine alot.........this is somthin i havent seen any1 on this forum hit on. It is a fantastic move with ridiculous priority. it has priority over any move pit can use.....
here some vids of me vs my friend's pit:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155250

Top Bottom