• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit xat ChatRoom YOU decide

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
You know the Pit IRCC has been a bit dead.
So i propose a new chat. Yes a XAT. I know many of you guys use AIm to contact each other but seriously i wish you could go to some sort of chat instead. MY theory? it takes too long to set up the IRCC to contact each other so im willing to bet people would use a xat instead.
If You Vote Yes Below you are agreeing that You rather Use a xat, or You think its a Good idea. Voting No says You think its a Bad Idea. Or You rather use IRCC.
weither you vote yes or no i expect you to use one of the chatrooms in the future or are currently using them or else this thread is pointless to you.

Please in the posts below state Yes or no and/or simply state a question/concern/opinion/comments

Xat Pros
Fast - One website click and your there. No need to install anything. Can be done from anywhere Library, Laptop anything as long as you can visit the website.
Colorful. customize your own avatar and add a range of smileys to your chat. back of the chat can contain a wallpaper.
Sound- Lets you know when someone signs on/off as well as posts. can turn the sound off/on
Games!- lets you play chess-connect4-pool(sucks) and Backgammon with other members.
Other Features- Doodle( draw or play hangman w/e), Youtube Player
anymore i missed?

Xat Cons-
hackable- I highly respect the pit community so the chances of this is very slim.
Sound Spammers- see above
Bad at handling Large groups such as 20+ people - No problem here but maybe in the future
anymore i missed?

IRCC Pros
-Professional- very simple once your connected
unhackable- Dont even Try
We already Have one
Great at handling 20+ people
UNO!

IRCC cons
Ircc doesnt really have cons But obviously there is something wrong if no ones going. so im kind of Hoping that a xat will bring more People to the chats with the features it has and how fast and available it is.

Discuss!

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I hate Xat, its a bit glitchy.

For example I cannot use my > symbol and on some I cannot use + if you type something like(this) instead of like (this) the word in the () dissapears.

Plus I like IRC

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
Btw Fzero made it so you don't have to DL mirc just go the website he linked you too.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
i like Irc too but the point is its not working out. I dont know if its lack of advertisement or the ircc itself basically Im trying to do my research before i create another dead/failed chat :(

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
I think it is just a lack of advertisement, if we get it out there, then it would probably have more ppl.

Also the only thing, ONLY THING, that Xat has over IRC is that it takes 1 click to access it rather than 2/3 for the IRC.

BTW I vote no

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
worse than xat

more limited cause you NEED to DL a program and even then some ppl still cant get into chat rooms

DiosDePyro, join the IRC

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
We have kown's thread and we even had a chat room that was cool. Making another place to just sit around and talk isn't going to fix anything, Kown's thread does fine its easy to use and find. FzeroX is right if you want a chat room then use the one we have and get others to join it, making more won't fix anything it'll just cause more problems.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
i prefer xat since like almost all clans have them. i have everything set up for it and i know pretty much exactly how it works. Beside i rather not have to download anything.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Anything that's less complicated than SWF's chat. I can't figure that thing out to save my life.

Top Bottom