• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Vs Smaller Characters

lifeinthefridge

Smash Rookie
Hey, everyone

I've been playing as pit since launch a couple days ago and have gained some experience playing as him. I seem to notice i have a tougher time fighting smaller characters such as olimar. They are shorter and much harder to hit with airiels( even after short hopping) and arrows need to be curved down to hit them most of the time. When fighting larger characters such as Marth I find it easier to battle. Am I approaching them wrong or does anyone else notice this?

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
While it may be true, the only way to fix it is to play a different way against them. Unfortunately, Pit's short hop is pretty high compared to...MK, for example...so short hopping a lot of his attacks won't work. His fair has a moment of windup before it goes off, so with proper timing and DI, you could probably take advantage of that pretty well, too.

You can short hop a dair, which will pop them up, and then you can go from there.

Basically, just keep them off the ground.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
yeah dude i main pit and his short hops are kinda high. delay your attacks when comming down to hit them and idk curve thsoe arrwos!

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
You might be short hopping too much, and need to use the f-tilt and d-tilt more. If they play really defensive, the side-B can rush them and get through shields.

Top Bottom