• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit vs. Charizard is absolutely even.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I looked at that match up thread that was in the Ultimate Pit guide, and I have to say Pit goes even with Charizard. Honestly, I cannot see how it is different otherwise.

Pit for one thing CANNOT approach Charizard. If you do a short hopped nair/dair, Charizard's grab range is more than enough to grab Pit, even if he spaces. If Pit goes behind Charizard, he is not much better off because nair does not hit behind Pit and Charizard can turn arround and grab Pit even before dair finishes. The air is not much safer because Charizard's Usmash and utilt have quite a bit of range. And do not even forget about Fly. Then again, Pit probably won't approach from the air due to the landing lag on his moves.

Pit's arrows will only work on Charizard if Charizard is airborn. Pit's arrows will not keep a grounded Charizard at bay; Chairzard can close the gap between himself and Pit pretty quickly.

Charizard has about as much Melee range as Pit on the ground so Pit can't rely on spacing too much. And Flamethrower outranges everything Pit has so Charizard can use Flamethrower to zone in Pit.

Now if Pit can get Charizard airborn, then Pit definitely has the advantage. But that is a difficult feat to pull off because Pit cannot approach Charizard well and only dtilt and dsmash can set up Charizard well for Pit to pressure him in the air. However, both of those moves have comparible range to Charizard's dtilt and grab range.

Pit beats Carizard in edgeguarding only because Pit, assuming he correctly DI's all of Charizards attacks, would be impossible for Charizard to edgeguard due to being too high.

This matchup is most certainly even, but I want to see if the Pit users think differently or if they agree that a advantage on Charizard is prepostorous.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Charizard has a huge disadvantage against Pit... I mean HUGE. I'm not even sure how to explain this, it's like explaining why a marshmallow is soft.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Charizard has a huge disadvantage against Pit... I mean HUGE. I'm not even sure how to explain this, it's like explaining why a marshmallow is soft.
I would like to hear a quick detailed rundown on your opinion if you have the time. Please?

Top Bottom