• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit strategy

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
maybe im just a noob, this may have been said before or maybe its common sense but either way is it a posible strategy to rack up some damage grad then throw off edge and try to edge guard he could be a beastly edge guarder does he have any spikes or meteor smashes?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
From what I can tell, he doesn't spike or meteor at all.

He can rack up a lot of damage quickly and then get people off the stage. If you want to edgeguard at all, you have to be aggressive. Due to auto-sweetspotting, you must fly off and hit them before they grab the ledge. You can drop the ledge into b-air if they go below you, or just fly out and f-air them as they try to recover. Some characters can be really hard to edgeguard no matter what you do. If you're trying to edgeguard Snake, for instance, you have to hit the machine he's flying on.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
From what I can tell, he doesn't spike or meteor at all.

He can rack up a lot of damage quickly and then get people off the stage. If you want to edgeguard at all, you have to be aggressive. Due to auto-sweetspotting, you must fly off and hit them before they grab the ledge. You can drop the ledge into b-air if they go below you, or just fly out and f-air them as they try to recover. Some characters can be really hard to edgeguard no matter what you do. If you're trying to edgeguard Snake, for instance, you have to hit the machine he's flying on.
i play smash 64 and i was thing like kirby were he twirls his feet down like that then wit the recovery come back up

PitX_Ultima

Smash Rookie
Pit's strategy is to easily rack up some damage, then hit the opponent with say, his f-smash(one of his only hard hitting moves). If he tries to recover, the most effective strategy would be to go aerial, since he is probably the best aerial fighter in the game, and keep him at bay .

mezicanDragon

Smash Cadet
this is my strategy. always keep distance. use the arrows as much as possible, if they get within range where the arrow cool down or lag time is going to interfere. run and if u know they are going to hit use the shield. it comes out instantly. by the time thier hit animation is done you should be able to forward B or down tilt. (i would down tilt) they will be in the air if your quick you can combo into a up air. and then shoot arrow above you. making sure to go back and keep your distance once the character is at least 115%-150% you can down smash or bair to kill. an easy way to bair is run in the dirction you want to bair turn around jump and move in the dairction u want and push a =D works like a charm with me...

if the opponent is hanging off the ledge waiting for you u can Forward B to nock them off assuming that if u got it on the last set of its movement and spin you can hope they will UP B for recovery or jump. immediatly Down tilt nocking them into the air and just finish them off with a up air.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
SPam arrows, spam arrows, hit him with what you can, down smash is good, f-smash is good, u-tilt is good, do anything to get him off the edge, my favourite is pits arial back air rush, and then stall them with bended arrows untill the cant reach the ledge.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Against snake you can also grab the machine he's gliding on if you do its an instant death for him. P.S. spam side B against snakes as you can reflect there grenades.

Top Bottom