• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Problems.

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, my friend is a Pit main, and I must say it's really starting to piss me off. If you haven't guessed, I need tips on how to defeat Pit. It's hard to describe his fighting style, but from videos I've seen, he's the standard Pit player. It's also annoying that I have no way to really fall back and work on my plan of attack because of his arrows! Now, we don't usually play on one single stage, but the ones we do play on, no matter where I am he can always hit me with those things! He's become so insanely good at aiming those, it annoys me to no end!!

*sigh*

What I'm saying is, what are some good tips for beating Pit with Kirby?

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
dont stop moving
it should make u harder to be hit
also hit him towards the edge pit is extremely easy to edgeguard

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Duck, just hold down and u'll dodge a large number of the arrows, that combined with a jump+airdodge should make approaching no problem,

The biggest thing about Pit is that he has no smashes or tilts that move him forward. This means that u need to mind game the pit player into attacking and then use a move in the lag of the Pit's move.

This on the whole will get u a lot of finishers. If damage is the problem use ur grabs, use ur bair, use ur tackle, and neutral B. Not to mention for the most part Kirby dominates Pit in the air

Hope that helps

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I think he would just reflect them.
Pit won't reflect as often as you think. Also if he is a reflect spammer, try short hopping and aiming the arrows downward so that they are reflected at an upward angle and over your head. You can then use the lag on his reflecting moves to approach him quickly and apply immediate pressure. As always, bairs are your friend and watch out for Pit's bair because it tends to hurt a lot.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Pit arrow is annoying, use arrow too, and always use air dodge.

And Pit UpB have a weak against Kirby five jumps, spam aerials when he uses the wing, if you hit them off the stage, 1 stock =]

chingy

Smash Apprentice
ugh pits! dodge and roll alot dont stop moving and when he is shooting arrows or using that shield or the little thing when he is using the swrods to make a red circle thing try jumping over him as fast as you can to get screwdriver on him that will put his *** on check

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
Florida; I consider myself a decent brawl player.
Well of course as mentioned above, swallow him up, don't worry about Pit's shield.

What I usually do against Pit or any projectile spammer for that matter, I approach with back airs little by little, in the air, not short hops. You have to make him try to approach you, and when the time comes, take advantage.

I'm assuming what you're doing is trying to just get to him and hit him. Then he probably rolls back and spams foward smash for life, rinse and repeat, right?

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Basically everything everyone said above. But just placing emphasis on ducking. His arrows won't hit you unless he changes trajectory, and if he does do that, it's predictible when the arrow will come for you so just spot dodge. Then jump + air dodge the next arrow, land and crouch, repeat.
After that, do NOT give him any breathing space =]. If you do, he'll start the arrow spam again. Also, when you're counter-arrow spamming. Don't be afraid to sh arrow with a curve downward(it gets it around the shield if he doesn't tilt up)

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for all the help everyone, I'll make sure to give all this stuff a try next time I face him!

Sarijy

Smash Apprentice
My main trick that I practiced with kirby is to grab pit and immediately dthrow. You'll deal some damage and if their on low percentage you can powershield their retaliation attack, and then just roll forward back, or stay still to regrab them for more damage. After the last one you can follow it up with an upsmash when the distance gets large enough. Your upsmash has higher priority then pits dair, giving you another hit.
Pits normal arrows just tapped go over kirby's head so you have a harder job being hit by that windborn pain.
Pits easy to edgeguard, just avoid the killmoves as always.

Top Bottom