• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Playtime Observations

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I thought that Pit would probably make a great character for me, and my first runthrough with him was really quite fun. His arrows are a great spam tool, but have little to no stun, so you really need to be far away when using them. You have great control over the direction of the arrows. He is very quick and has good priority on most of his moves.

His major weakness is lack of kill moves. I'm not sure I have found a single move that kills effectively below 150%. Haven't done any training mode at all yet so we'll see if I'm wrong on that, I have to experiment with fairs and bairs.

His final smash seems to be way better than people have been saying, it kills very well, and that is the one thing Pit cannot do with regular moves.

Anyway, I'll try to post up as I learn things.

AcidJazz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I didnt see anything from the vids that looked like it would knock people off. No spikes or anything, right?

I still haven't seen anyone use air dodges to their benefit. I'm not even sure how it works really. Does he have any good air dodge counters?

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
His down smash is actually pretty decent from my experiences for killing the others, but then again i wasn't paying too much attention to percentages.

I do love the arrows, and i agree very easy to use. Sniping is fun too.

His recovery is AMAZING!

Only other downside is his lack of range with his blades, making it a bit difficult to time things (at least for me, since i'm used to Link's range), but in due time that can easily be solved.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
I've seen the forward smash kill at 130%. Besides that his back-air is pretty strong in killing power.

UberCam

Smash Rookie
Pit seems above average and possibly high/top tier and if you know how to use him... well, sucks for us. His final smash seems pretty good and plus you can move around and still attack. So watch out ;)

Top Bottom