• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit is something more

Taicak

Smash Rookie
Seriously, Im so sick of people saying there going to play as pit when they dont know the backround of the character. When pit was announced I **** myself because when I was 5 I beat his first nes game and now seeing him something like 16 years later makes me say wow i remeber that guy pit, and my whole life I have always asked peopel if the new the game kid icarus and everybody looked at me like a *******, so I have earned the right to play as pit, and there are millions more who have that same right, those who dont have the right are those who just thinks he looks cool and can fly. Lame

Also very random, will there be a online ranking system for Brawl

Despite the fact that you came off as a pretentious prick, let me enlighten you on a couple of facts.

Alot of characters in the Smash Bros. series come from games many people have yet to hear of, and it is that very same thing that causes curious people to gain knowledge on said game franchises. The same concept allowed for the localization of the Fire Emblem series.

Secondly, people don't pick characters simply based on franchises that they can personally acknowledge, but based on the persona of each character. Characters in smash aren't just carbon copies of their original characters. The game gives them a breath of fresh air, and subliminally gives us a lesson in Nintendo history. Everyone deserves the right to play with who they want despite any "Honorable" reasoning or artificial pride you may conceal.

Also, we don't care. I'm paying 50 dollars for this game, and i'll play with whoever the hell I want.

Get off of your pedestal.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
I agree, i had never heard of Pit before Brawl, and you're saying because of that i can'tplay as him? why should we care what you think? i agree with Eternal phoenix Fire, you're a pretentious prick and you need to get off your pedestal, not having heard about fire emblem didn't stop me from playing as marth, and not having really played a starfox game doesn't mean i can't play as fox or falco, your point is stupid.

Taicak

Smash Rookie
By no means am i saying one cannot play as pit, Im saying if one were to play any character, isnt it correct to at least have some knlowedge of where he came from. Smash brothers is a game of nintendo lineage and we should keep it that way, it is not just a fighting game. What makes smah brothers fun besides it just being a fun game, is the nintendo characters fighting each other. Link vs Mario is so much fun not only to play as, but to watch. You are watching two huge superpowers go at it. I am not on a pedistal, I am all about having fun with the game. And as far as smash brothers being a game where you an learn about new characters, I beleive the example was fire emblem, is so poor. Marth and Roy were the only two people who most the united states didnt know. THat being said, I feel marth was a popular charcter because he was ONE OF THE BEST CHARACTERS IN THE GAME, NOT BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKED HIM.

Im saying this, pick a charater that represents you, whatever rank he is, and make him amazing. I really hope pit is a terriable character because that way, peopel will not pick him. But those of us who have honor dignity and respect things will choose our characters correctly.

On a more serious note, I really dont give that much of a crap.

So no death threats

heretic

Smash Rookie
There may be a online ranking system, I dont think there will be for regular games since you cant see peoples names, but if there are SSBB tourny's they will most likely have ranking.

Also I am playing Pit because he seems to suit my playstyle and I like how he looks, if you don't think people can play whoever they want perhaps you should find a different game, we are paying $90(aus) for this and its our right to play whoever we want, I don't approve of people playing as high tier people just for the fact that they are high tier but its thier choice and you can't tell them what too do, accept it.

Ace929

Smash Journeyman
Trying to get everyone to go for who they like instead of choosing the "best character" isn't going to happen any time soon. Winning often trumps any originality from my experience and trying to change this viewpoint people have is a lost cause. Let sheep be sheep, since having things as they are now only benefits those that choose the character they like while making those people more unique.

At one point I used to think that the tier list was kind of stupid and shouldn't exist, which is kind of like what this topic is about, but then I realized that not having it would just make things easier for me if I end up playing against people that would use it. Why should my idealistic views be in place on other people when it only hinders them? Basically, it's a trade-off between playing who you want/playing the character that represents you and a better probability of winning. In the end I know I can't expect everyone to choose to be who they want to play since I know that people sometimes value winning much more.

Maybe those that value winning really are choosing the character that represents them though, since choosing the character that usually wins clearly becomes the character for them to be playing.

Taicak

Smash Rookie
This has to be one of the most physicalogical discussions I have ever seen on this thing thank you guys for your input

Misaj

Smash Rookie
And because he couldn't spell it correctly means you couldn't guess what he meant? I'll spell it out for you, since it followed pretty easily from the context of his post, and I don't want you missing anything:

Psychological

Ace, that is the best analysis I've heard, and it's true. People who value winning would essentially pick the character that embodies them--the character that wins or is considered the top.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Listen to yourself. If I break down what you said you'd be saying "You have to play as the character you are supposed to play as. Not who you want to. SSBB is not for fun. It is a deep experience. It is art. You most know the back round of your character before you can comprehend the vast complexity that is Smash Bros."
Sure it's nice to know where each character comes from but... thats what trophies are for. He is a classic to all who have played his game and he is a new experience for all of us who have never even heard of the guy. You don't make the rules so back off.

PS: Fire Emblem was a PERFECT example. How can you say that people do not like Marth. My sister likes Marth and plays as him even though she is better with Zelda/Sheik. My friend William likes Marth even though he is better with Roy. Personally I suck at Marth. This is not a very good example but you get my point. I agree that many people play as characters to win. But I'm sure that many other people play as characters FOR FUN! Do you play as characters only to win. If you do then you cannot base the entire world off of your view. Marth is good but that is not the only reason people play as him.:mad::mad:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously, Im so sick of people saying there going to play as pit when they dont know the backround of the character. When pit was announced I **** myself because when I was 5 I beat his first nes game and now seeing him something like 16 years later makes me say wow i remeber that guy pit, and my whole life I have always asked peopel if the new the game kid icarus and everybody looked at me like a *******, so I have earned the right to play as pit, and there are millions more who have that same right, those who dont have the right are those who just thinks he looks cool and can fly. Lame

Also very random, will there be a online ranking system for Brawl
Wow so NO ONE cna play as pit, just YOU...
Im sorry but they aint gonna give u a special Taicak version of brawl, were all getting pit and im maining him for one, not just because hes cool, but because I played his game way back when I was a kid, and loved it, so STFU and deal with the fact that everyone can use pit and u cant do anything about it...

Grevling

Smash Cadet
By no means am i saying one cannot play as pit, Im saying if one were to play any character, isnt it correct to at least have some knlowedge of where he came from. Smash brothers is a game of nintendo lineage and we should keep it that way, it is not just a fighting game. What makes smah brothers fun besides it just being a fun game, is the nintendo characters fighting each other. Link vs Mario is so much fun not only to play as, but to watch. You are watching two huge superpowers go at it. I am not on a pedistal, I am all about having fun with the game. And as far as smash brothers being a game where you an learn about new characters, I beleive the example was fire emblem, is so poor. Marth and Roy were the only two people who most the united states didnt know. THat being said, I feel marth was a popular charcter because he was ONE OF THE BEST CHARACTERS IN THE GAME, NOT BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKED HIM.

Im saying this, pick a charater that represents you, whatever rank he is, and make him amazing. I really hope pit is a terriable character because that way, peopel will not pick him. But those of us who have honor dignity and respect things will choose our characters correctly.

On a more serious note, I really dont give that much of a crap.

So no death threats
Wow, a Nintendo Supremacist.

Also, I love the "I really dont give that much of a crap" after everyone exposes you as a complete *******. Can't beat the classics. ;)

bigknuxred

Smash Cadet
**** PHOENIX FIRE U BURNED HIS UPPITTY ***! TOUCHE! now let ya boy knux put in his 10¢ or more like $1.00

IM GONNA BE SERIOUS AND I KNOW A LOT OF REAL SMASH FANS WILL AGREE WITH ME......NO REAL NINTENDO FANS. T he very essence of smash is fighting and with that learning the characters background comes natural. let me explain myself. on the N64 version of smash bros. I found out that LINK'S name is LINK and not Zelda that was 12 years ago I learned somthing new through fighting. 2 years later mele came out I Beat the game with Samus and found out that she was infact FEMALE. LOOK AT IT THIS WAY. in smash if u want to learn the history behind a certain character did u not have to fight in some way to gain that CHARACTERS TROPHY? exactly. What your saing here is an INSULT TO SMASH PLAYERS WORLD WIDE! so u need to GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE BECAUSE YOU **** SURE AINT NOBODY SPECIAL. THIS IS YA BOY KNUX SPEAKIN SO I SPEAK DA TRUTH AND WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT I MOST DEFINETTALY AGREE WITH PHEONIX FIRE I PAYED $50 bucks FOR THIS GAME AND I HAD IT RESERVED FOR 4 MONTHS SO ILL BE ****ED IF I LET SOMEONE LIKE U TELL ME WHO TO PICK ME AND A MILLION SMASH FANS ALIKE IF WE WANT TO PICK PIT AS OUR 1ST CHARACTER WITHOUT "KNOwledge OF HIS PAST" THEN PIT IT IS. PLEASE DONT WRITE SOMTHING LIKE THIS AGAIN.........I apologize to everyone else except the guy who wrote this for my foul mouth and thank u ^^

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
so...what about Wolf? We don't play as him in a game, does that mean we have a right?
And R.O.B.? I wasn't even born when he was around, so I don't deserve to play as him?
The last pokemon game I played was Yellow (I know), so does that mean I don't have the right to play as Lucario?
I haven't played a WarioWare game, can I not use Wario or even play on the stage?

Its nice that you played Kid Icarus back in the day and know of him, but that doesn't mean you deserve to play him more than other people.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
Um,... seriously? It's just a game. People can play with whoever they want. I mean, yes I've also played Kid Icarus when it was on NES, but I don't feel any more important than those who haven't.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Mr Tai-whatever.

Your a prick. People pick who they want to pick, end of story.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
Enjoy your ego-boost, prick. Sorry, I saw that Pit was playable so I thought I could use him. Guess not cause I haven't played his game. Maybe someday, just maybe, I will be worthy enough to use him.

Leave please

P.S. Am I allowed to keep my sig?

Top Bottom