• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Help

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
hey there Ike mains, normally I wouldn't post anything like this pertaining to one character but I've reached my end.

The guys name is Jon (Luso on this site), a Pit main who is just ridiculous, he camps like crazy preventing most approaches coupled with ridiculous arrow control, if I knock him high up he'll either glide down or fastfall his up-B to the ledge stopping any form of chasing, he waits until your close and then just spams the heck out of his smashes, whats worse is he can react to almost any offense I throw at him after I dodge/block the strikes. He also likes to go right by the edge and play with it, shooting arrows and retreating under the stage, and no matter what I do it just seems like an impossible battle, his campy Pit is just to much for Ike, so does anyone have any pointers on how to deal with this type of fighter (he pulls the same stuff with his other main Olimar to, but replace arrows with Pikmin, and replaces Smashes with throws)

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Here's some info for you: Pit never moves when he does every ground attack except his side-B. Space his smashes right, and do what Ike does best--punish the living #!$% outta him. :laugh:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
in close range, stay out of his fsmash range but in range of your tilt. He might smash thinking you're coming in but your not. leaving him open for your tilt. Also, getting around arrows is up to you on this one cause he can hold them if you do anything too long. BUT tip, you CAN duck arrows that are unguided. fair also is great **** for spammers. Also, try counter ^^

Aether_Lord

Smash Apprentice
What everyone else said and to rack up damage do a break dance jk Jab Cancel him to rack up damage IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE pit is really difficult to approach if you dont know what youre doing but anyways jab cancel when hes off gaurded too

D_T

Smash Rookie
I've found that a ridiculous number of these types of players love to roll whenever you do anything. So what do I do? Simply get within roll distance of them by jumping over arrows, dodging, etc. Then, jump straight up in the air, they roll to you, come down with a neutral air into jab combo.

It's hilarious when you hit them for the 10th time in the game, and they just keep rolling towards you.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
If he spams his smashes when you're close, you can also just Counter them. Obviously won't work for Olimar's grabs, though.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
i HHHHHAAAAAATTTTEEEE PLAYERS LIKE THAT! I NEED HELP...i (sadly) roll over to him...my roll puts me into a perfect position for smashing!

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Well, sorry to hear that. What I do to approach campers is to do some unpredictable approaches like jump then quick draw ( I doubt that they'll anticipate that, and even so, nail you when you're on the move. Or move straight towards him and spot dodge when he shoots. Once in range, anticipate when they might smash and dodge it, then take advantage and strike him down.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i hate to say it, but spotdodging is pretty darn easy. So what if he can hold them longer? that gives you longer to approach. His dash attack from a standstill can do wonders once you learn the proper range, as can nearly *all* of his attacks in a spacing war. if he tries to space you, you win. end of story. If he wants to get smart and camp under the ledge like an idiot, grab that ledge and stall with QD as best you can. Of course, if he's as smart as you say, he'll just get between you and the ledge, leaving you to fall. If that doesn't work, he can only air-jump once without getting too far over the ledge. a pit doing that to ike is asking to get spiked/eruption'd/d-tilted, or any aerial from off the edge. a campy pit can't do much but camp, in my experience. take it away from him and you've got him on the run.

Top Bottom