• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Glide Techniques

yawg

Smash Rookie
I haven't seen much on his glide so I thought I'd start one.

Pit's gliding momentum is conserved. Basically to prove this glide with pit, then angle downward steeply (do on a large level, new pork city, temple, custom, etc) and then curve back up. Near the peak of the curve going up, go back down, and repeat. Basically Pit will be tracing out a sin function. Now, if you do this from a significant height, you can gain enough momentum, maintain it for a long enough displacement across the stage, and attack out of it w/o having to use any more jumps or Up+B. This is great for switching which side of the level you are on, flying under FD, battlefield, etc. A great way to practice it is try to go from hanging on the ledge in the "waiting for brawl" stage while online, fall off, and try to glide to the other side w/o using jumps or Up+B. I can get all the way up on the other side of the stage this way, only using the initial ledgehop. I don't know what to call this technique, so I will dub it "sin glide" (Pronounced "sign-glide" for all you non math people)

MiniMeMilo

Smash Rookie
I've seen my brother, who is maining Pit, use this glide very effectively. Especially when he has a high percentage of damage with just a few seconds left of the match, he runs like a coward and stays out of my reach under the stage.

Top Bottom