• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit=Fair

TyloTP

Smash Cadet
It is completely logical that Pit is fair in that Nintendo wouldn't have made him so powerful if there wasn't a reason. Besides it isn't the character that's good or not,

it's whether or not you are good, and whether or not you can own up to your actual skill.

But hey, I hate it too when people just spam away their B move. Buthe simple way to deal with that is to either fight fire with fire or fight better.

thehunger77

Smash Rookie
I think that it depends on skill as well as character to win. And Pit is fair in that way. However, Nintendo can't outright make a character better or worse than another if they want to. Their goal is to make everything as balanced as possible, yet some characters are terrible and some are great.

For example, obviously Nintendo didn't want to make Pikachu the best character in SSB. However, as people played the game more and more they found that Pikachu was better than all other characters if two equally skilled people are playing eachother. Same thing with Fox and Falco in particular in SSBM.

So, Pit is fair as he is not outright broken but Nintendo cannot control how well characters are.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Indeed they can. Open Beta Testing with competive players. Would help a lot, but who wants to make it?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Tripping isn't that big a deal. If anything I feel it adds to competitive play. Not sure if I can explain it but it'd be off-topic anyway.

Anyway Pit is the way he is because they simply had fun making his character. Enough said. The developers are people too and I'm sure they had a blast designing him as a staple character of this game. I really wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo isn't just showcasing Pit in this game for a revival of Kid Icarus.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
Fujiwara, that would be wonderful if Sakurai wanted to make a competitive game. He doesn't, cuz he's ********. *cough cough* TRIPPING
I tripped before. I got up and continued to kick ***. My friend and I and his sister just laugh when it happens *Shrugs*.

thehunger77

Smash Rookie
I tripped before. I got up and continued to kick ***. My friend and I and his sister just laugh when it happens *Shrugs*.
That's exactly what Sakurai put it in for. In the data section they call tripping "pratfalls." They thought it would be funny. But to me and many other people it isn't, especially when I trip at a crucial moment and I end up being punished because of bad luck.

Indeed they can. Open Beta Testing with competive players. Would help a lot, but who wants to make it?
You have a point there, for the time being they could make all characters pretty balanced that way. In the long term, however, this wouldn't work as well since the metagame takes time to develop and some characters become better than others. Future metagame cannot be predicted well at the release of the game. Or I could be completely wrong with this statement since I'm not as familiar with other competitive fighting games as some of the people here.

Top Bottom