• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Dash = Spike?

shyrazn

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFfaS2Zgfcg&fmt=18
In this video, Sagemoon does his wingdash into spike combo, but I had no idea that it was possible to spike people with the dash attack. Could somebody explain where the hitbox is for people to get spiked by it? It could prove useful to me when I'm trying to edgeguard somebody.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
That wasn't the dash attack, that was the D-tilt. The D-tilt meteors if any part of Pit's lower body is touching the other character.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Because of the wingdash it allowed pit to take a step forward instead of a dash, thus making it possible to land the d-tilt at that range. The rest is explained above.

Someguy13

Smash Cadet
How could that happen can you get the vid up?
Unfourtunatly I dont have a video camera but if I can find one I will. It was a total fluke but it killed him at 14%. I triped him with a down tilt as close to the edge as possible then used an up smash. The first 2 hits hit him but the second sent him so far down so that he missed the edge and just kept falling. It was awesome.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
i know his d tilt does but in this vid to me it look like a f tilt
Sagemoon, who the video was of, even said it was the D-tilt. The video quality is kinda bad, and he did the D-tilt on a slope, which can make the D-tilt look higher.

I spiked with Pits Up Smash once. I saved the replay data...
A lot of multi-hit attacks are glitchy like that. The early hits are supposed to trap the person for the entire attack, but if the person somehow escapes, strange things can happen. Look at Sonic's up-smash, Toon Link's Down-smash, and others.

Top Bottom