• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit/Dark Pit - Patch 1.1.0

What buffs would you like to see next?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
I'd really just be happy if Pit/Dark Pit had better arrows, and by better I mean coming out fast and less end lag, I just hate being rushed down and feeling trapped, but a good projectile can just slow someone down and stop momentum, and just allow you to have a threat, it'd just be nice to not have to grind soooooooo hard in the neutral

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'd really just be happy if Pit/Dark Pit had better arrows, and by better I mean coming out fast and less end lag, I just hate being rushed down and feeling trapped, but a good projectile can just slow someone down and stop momentum, and just allow you to have a threat, it'd just be nice to not have to grind soooooooo hard in the neutral
It's pretty clear that they don't want Pit to be campy. I mean, you can outcamp characters like Robin or Ryu pretty hard, but Pit's gameplan is more about zoning with arrows rather then outright camping.

If people are invading your space then you need to make use if your other options like SHAC Dair or retreating Fairs, or even challenging their approach with SH Nair and buffered dash attacks.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
It's pretty clear that they don't want Pit to be campy. I mean, you can outcamp characters like Robin or Ryu pretty hard, but Pit's gameplan is more about zoning with arrows rather then outright camping.

If people are invading your space then you need to make use if your other options like SHAC Dair or retreating Fairs, or even challenging their approach with SH Nair and buffered dash attacks.
I know what you mean, but I'm talking about certain matchups in like for instance the R.O.B matchup, R.O.B has some of the best zoning projectiles and if Pit could just zone better with arrows and keep pressuse while maintaining safe it'd add a new aspect to Pit

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I know what you mean, but I'm talking about certain matchups in like for instance the R.O.B matchup, R.O.B has some of the best zoning projectiles and if Pit could just zone better with arrows and keep pressuse while maintaining safe it'd add a new aspect to Pit
With ROB the key is stealing the gyro and then keeping him out with arrows. ROB's lasers aren't that threatening by themselves.

Pit can handle any camper, you just have to be creative.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
With ROB the key is stealing the gyro and then keeping him out with arrows. ROB's lasers aren't that threatening by themselves.

Pit can handle any camper, you just have to be creative.
I feel better in the link matchup then the R.O.B matchup, its like 50/50, if the R.O.B can get setups then he usually wins.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't think attacking out of up-b is necessary. Only a few characters in the entire roster can do that because their recovery doesn't incur freefall (Bowser Jr, Sonic, etc), which Pit's does.

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
I don't think attacking out of up-b is necessary. Only a few characters in the entire roster can do that because their recovery doesn't incur freefall (Bowser Jr, Sonic, etc), which Pit's does.
But.... But why is he able to do it in the trailer D; Don't worry my arguement is pretty bad lol, but I was confused why it would be shown in the trailer but can't be done. Whatever haha.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
But.... But why is he able to do it in the trailer D; Don't worry my arguement is pretty bad lol, but I was confused why it would be shown in the trailer but can't be done. Whatever haha.
Because trailers lie to show you the best bits out of context~ ;3

Nah, but Sakurai evidently just decided to make it cool and jazzy for the fans. Weirdly it's more similar to Pit's up-b in Brawl than it is in Smash 4, but hey, balance takes priority over common sense.

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
Because trailers lie to show you the best bits out of context~ ;3

Nah, but Sakurai evidently just decided to make it cool and jazzy for the fans. Weirdly it's more similar to Pit's up-b in Brawl than it is in Smash 4, but hey, balance takes priority over common sense.
You think it is because Palutena came in to fight. Pit lost the brawl up B, you know, just took it away? I wouldn't know cuz I didn't play Pit for the game they came from. When she took it away, he just sorta flew str8 up that is why I guess this but idk lol.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
You think it is because Palutena came in to fight. Pit lost the brawl up B, you know, just took it away? I wouldn't know cuz I didn't play Pit for the game they came from. When she took it away, he just sorta flew str8 up that is why I guess this but idk lol.
It might be cannon that his up is the way it is

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's for balance reasons.

Sakurai evidently decided that Pit with a temporary free-flight mechanic in the vein of Villager isn't a good idea in Smash 4, possibly due to gliding being removed. I don't think it's anything to do with the Kid Icarus canon, since Pit can only fly for up to five minutes with Palutena's help.

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
Interesting idea: Pit/DP can use any aerial mid-PoF, but at the cost of entering free-fall afterwards and possibly not going the full distance if the attack is input mid-flight.
Honestly I was thinking it could be used like this. I just want it to be used outside of just recovery. It isn't needed for Pit/DP, but it would make it interesting. They can also increase air movement a tiny bit, but again, I don't think he needs any buff. The only buff I wanted was the jab buff and we got it, let's be honest guys and gals that isn't a buff that is a fix. That multi jab shouldn't have been like that.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
Honestly I was thinking it could be used like this. I just want it to be used outside of just recovery. It isn't needed for Pit/DP, but it would make it interesting. They can also increase air movement a tiny bit, but again, I don't think he needs any buff. The only buff I wanted was the jab buff and we got it, let's be honest guys and gals that isn't a buff that is a fix. That multi jab shouldn't have been like that.
I've given up on multi hit jab, but it is confirmed fixed?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I've given up on multi hit jab, but it is confirmed fixed?
The suction appears better (note the "appears") and the finisher has a bigger hitbox. Still not something to really throw out, but it's much more usable for catching dodges.

Let's be honest here. It didn't do anything for Pit. The arrow buff sure did though.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
The suction appears better (note the "appears") and the finisher has a bigger hitbox. Still not something to really throw out, but it's much more usable for catching dodges.

Let's be honest here. It didn't do anything for Pit. The arrow buff sure did though.
The arrow is great now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom