• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit/Dark Pit - Patch 1.1.0

What buffs would you like to see next?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
So in the most recent update for Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and 3Ds Pit/Dark Pits neutral special has gotten reduced end lag (3 frames). I used to believe that Pit/Dark Pits neutral special was pretty subpar and sometimes unviable in a tournament setting, but would it still be the best option? I mean there are plenty of better moves in their arsenal that would be more sufficient then the arrow. What do you think about the buff?

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
The Side-Special needs to be fixed.
-faster start-up (like Captain Falcon)
-less end lag
-Super Armor fix

But actually I would wish more for better arrows.
-less start-up and ending lag
-faster (canon-wise they should become faster by time, not by power)

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
The Side-Special needs to be fixed.
-faster start-up (like Captain Falcon)
-less end lag
-Super Armor fix

But actually I would wish more for better arrows.
-less start-up and ending lag
-faster (canon-wise they should become faster by time, not by power)
Yeah I always compare the side special of Captain Falcon and Pit/Dark Pit, Falcons is almost better in all aspects

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have alot actually...just because boredom
• Arrows and Up Smash have a hitbox that connects.
• Make Upperdash/Electroshock faster and stronger.
• Reduce lag on pretty much any move that has alot of it.
• Speed up Up and Side Smashes.
• Make Pit's sweetspots/tippers ko a but quicker and give it a tad bit more knockback, and just make Dark Pit's tilts do a but more damage aswell.
• Give Power of Flight invincibility frames.
• Make Super Armor activated the moment you press the B button, so that nothing can affect it.
• Make Guardian Orbitars pop up faster and stay longer.
• Make Dtilt and Down Smash a meteor smash/spike for both Pits
• Have Pit's arrows move a bit slower, does a bit more damage(2%), and easier to control, while Dark Pit'sarrows move a but faster, also 2% more damage, and a bit harder to control.
• Forward Throw KO'ing at 120% for midweights, 161% for heavyweights, and 99% for lightweights.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
• Make Pit's sweetspots/tippers ko a but quicker and give it a tad bit more knockback, and just make Dark Pit's tilts do a but more damage aswell.
• Make Super Armor activated the moment you press the B button, so that nothing can affect it.
• Have Pit's arrows move a bit slower, does a bit more damage(2%), and easier to control, while Dark Pit'sarrows move a but faster, also 2% more damage, and a bit harder to control.
• Forward Throw KO'ing at 120% for midweights, 161% for heavyweights, and 99% for lightweights.
Well from what I understand forward throw used to be alot better on release, they should've left it alone. I feel Pit is one of the most fundamentally correct characters, there are no easy percents, and he isn't brain dead at all, I just hate playing characters that have a brain dead moveset, rack up damage easier and faster, then kill earlier, its frustrating to grind sooooo hard for 135%+ percent then have to rely on your forward throw to kill which won't without rage or if the opponents character is heavy, and F Smash has sooooo much end lag, opponents can easily fall out of it and it isn't safe at all, up Smash doesn't scoop well from either sides so they have to directly above you or you have to be holding hands with the other character, and down Smash doesn't kill till extremely high percents, spikes are risky, but Pits spike has to be at a perfect angle for it to hit them downward instead of upward

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well from what I understand forward throw used to be alot better on release, they should've left it alone. I feel Pit is one of the most fundamentally correct characters, there are no easy percents, and he isn't brain dead at all, I just hate playing characters that have a brain dead moveset, rack up damage easier and faster, then kill earlier, its frustrating to grind sooooo hard for 135%+ percent then have to rely on your forward throw to kill which won't without rage or if the opponents character is heavy, and F Smash has sooooo much end lag, opponents can easily fall out of it and it isn't safe at all, up Smash doesn't scoop well from either sides so they have to directly above you or you have to be holding hands with the other character, and down Smash doesn't kill till extremely high percents, spikes are risky, but Pits spike has to be at a perfect angle for it to hit them downward instead of upward
Forward Throw I only have a problem with when it comes to heavyweight characters. I've always had an easy time KO'ing people with it(with and without rage).

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
I hate fighting all the big characters, especially Gannon people just abuse his side special and it ruins the game

BaeBraham

Coffee and Smash enthusiast
NNID
BaeBraham
3DS FC
4184-3853-8896
Just some thoughts-

So in the most recent update for Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and 3Ds Pit/Dark Pits neutral special has gotten reduced end lag (3 frames). I used to believe that Pit/Dark Pits neutral special was pretty subpar and sometimes unviable in a tournament setting, but would it still be the best option? I mean there are plenty of better moves in their arsenal that would be more sufficient then the arrow. What do you think about the buff?
Let's not underestimate the tournament viability of the arrows here, homie. They are an absolute essential part of Pit's game, both pre and post patch. I've gotten countless tournament stocks from baited fully charged arrow hits, as well as just arrow gimping characters with slow recoveries. Also, the arrows lead to great set ups if you can bait an air dodge from them, and set ups are suuuuper-dope for some stylish kill opportunities (something Pit just excels at in this game).

Honestly, the less endlag just makes it that much better for following up if you miss an arrow and someone gets in too quickly.

On the side special- the upper-dash arm has many qualities to it that make it too hard to really compare to Captain Falcons side special. Mainly it's super-armor and ability to reflects projectiles. It's at heart a mix-up more than something that should ever just be thrown out willy-nilly, and if you catch an opponent with it, it can be a reliable kill option when it isn't stale. It's also a good way to rack up extra damage against people who constantly try catch you right before you grab the ledge. Using this (within reason, anything used too much becomes a bait oppertunity for your opponent) against aggressive edge-guarding can really strike the fear of Palutena in people, and can really help Pit get back to the paltform. Which, due to his not-so-fast airspeed is a really great tool. Saying this move needs to be fixed makes it sound broken, and that's just not the case doods.

I just don't feel like I have a problem with either of these things. These are both a huge part of kill set-ups and kill options for Pit, and I haven't ever experienced issues with these moves connecting. Catching someone on a platform after a tech-read, or no tech at all with the upsmash specifically can result in early kills on a lot of tournament-legal maps.

This move is super powerful enough as is, and is great at catching people who abuse spotdodges. It's other qualities make it's start up completely understandable, moves are much more than their startup and end-lag.

This isn't very specific, and generally everyone would like to see that. But end-lag is meant to balance moves out more than anything.

Pit's up-smash hit-frames come first start at 6 frames, which is suuuper fast for any smash. Forward smash starts at about 10 frames (also quite fast for a smash attack) and can kill super early if you catch someone trying to recover high at the ledge.

• Make Pit's sweetspots/tippers ko a but quicker and give it a tad bit more knockback, and just make Dark Pit's tilts do a but
more damage aswell.
Adding tippers to Pit at all was a blessing in this game. His moves already hit so hard, increasing the tipper on him too much would make him undeniably broken. The tipper already makes it possible to kill at a descent percent with his f-tilt, which is nuts.

This wouldn't be an awful addition, but I don't think it is really needed. Pit can already recover from so far away, learning to use that recovery safely is just part of playing the character.

Totes mentioned this move, so I'll leave it with my previous statements, haha.

The duration of this move already seems to catch people off guard, because it really does last a whole lot longer than we could ever need it as Pit players. The only reason I would want it to last longer than it already does is to protect me from when I make the mistake of throwing it out from a bad read so I can hide behind the punish that will surely come from patient and high level players.
Also, Placebo-be-damned if that's the case, but I could almost swear this move is coming out faster since the last patch. I use this move very character dependent (so rarely), and I threw it out against a villager using his slingshot to recover from the ledge and it seemed to have come out way quicker than it used too. But I haven't tried to collect the frame date based off of old and new game footage yet, so I can't back that statement up unfortunately!

Dooooooooood that would be super broke. If you get the timing right on the D-Tilt, it already will stage spike during the first frame of vulnerability on ledge grabs due to it's hit-boxes extending under the platform.

• Have Pit's arrows move a bit slower, does a bit more damage(2%), and easier to control, while Dark Pit'sarrows move a but
faster, also 2% more damage, and a bit harder to control.
I wouldn't touch Pit's arrows. They are such a great projectile as-is, and they really do rack up some serious extra damage. Dark Pit's arrows definitely don't need any less control then they already have, and I believe they did buff the damage on this last patch.
[/quote]

F-throw in rage (and honestly without rage) is already a ridiculously good option. Just know the character-match up and rack on the extra damage before risking staling the f-throw. Having a forward throw that kills at a good percent already is another blessing for Pit players.

Brotato, it sound's like you want Pit to be meta-knight brawl-like. Let's not wish ban-debates on this guy haha.

Pit's my jam, so seeing buffs will always be awesome. But he is definitely one of the more underestimated characters in this game. He has incredible ground speed and grab options (a deadly combination), and he hits like a mac-truck. His off stage gimping is incredible because of his arrows and the range on his aerials. Pit has sooo many options that other characters just couldn't dream of with their move-sets. It's what makes him so good all around.
I definitely think that most of the issues I see in any of the character 'what needs buffed' threads are people wanting characters to be tailored to their wishes, rather than people tailoring themselves to the character they want to play.

This of course was all just personal thoughts on what I read, so no offense was meant :) Everyone is entitled to their thoughts and opinions, so there is nothing wrong with anything I quoted on this. Again, just wanted to share my thoughts homies!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just some thoughts-

Let's not underestimate the tournament viability of the arrows here, homie. They are an absolute essential part of Pit's game, both pre and post patch. I've gotten countless tournament stocks from baited fully charged arrow hits, as well as just arrow gimping characters with slow recoveries. Also, the arrows lead to great set ups if you can bait an air dodge from them, and set ups are suuuuper-dope for some stylish kill opportunities (something Pit just excels at in this game).

Honestly, the less endlag just makes it that much better for following up if you miss an arrow and someone gets in too quickly.

On the side special- the upper-dash arm has many qualities to it that make it too hard to really compare to Captain Falcons side special. Mainly it's super-armor and ability to reflects projectiles. It's at heart a mix-up more than something that should ever just be thrown out willy-nilly, and if you catch an opponent with it, it can be a reliable kill option when it isn't stale. It's also a good way to rack up extra damage against people who constantly try catch you right before you grab the ledge. Using this (within reason, anything used too much becomes a bait oppertunity for your opponent) against aggressive edge-guarding can really strike the fear of Palutena in people, and can really help Pit get back to the paltform. Which, due to his not-so-fast airspeed is a really great tool. Saying this move needs to be fixed makes it sound broken, and that's just not the case doods.

I just don't feel like I have a problem with either of these things. These are both a huge part of kill set-ups and kill options for Pit, and I haven't ever experienced issues with these moves connecting. Catching someone on a platform after a tech-read, or no tech at all with the upsmash specifically can result in early kills on a lot of tournament-legal maps.

This move is super powerful enough as is, and is great at catching people who abuse spotdodges. It's other qualities make it's start up completely understandable, moves are much more than their startup and end-lag.

This isn't very specific, and generally everyone would like to see that. But end-lag is meant to balance moves out more than anything.

Pit's up-smash hit-frames come first start at 6 frames, which is suuuper fast for any smash. Forward smash starts at about 10 frames (also quite fast for a smash attack) and can kill super early if you catch someone trying to recover high at the ledge.

Adding tippers to Pit at all was a blessing in this game. His moves already hit so hard, increasing the tipper on him too much would make him undeniably broken. The tipper already makes it possible to kill at a descent percent with his f-tilt, which is nuts.

This wouldn't be an awful addition, but I don't think it is really needed. Pit can already recover from so far away, learning to use that recovery safely is just part of playing the character.

Totes mentioned this move, so I'll leave it with my previous statements, haha.

The duration of this move already seems to catch people off guard, because it really does last a whole lot longer than we could ever need it as Pit players. The only reason I would want it to last longer than it already does is to protect me from when I make the mistake of throwing it out from a bad read so I can hide behind the punish that will surely come from patient and high level players.
Also, Placebo-be-damned if that's the case, but I could almost swear this move is coming out faster since the last patch. I use this move very character dependent (so rarely), and I threw it out against a villager using his slingshot to recover from the ledge and it seemed to have come out way quicker than it used too. But I haven't tried to collect the frame date based off of old and new game footage yet, so I can't back that statement up unfortunately!

Dooooooooood that would be super broke. If you get the timing right on the D-Tilt, it already will stage spike during the first frame of vulnerability on ledge grabs due to it's hit-boxes extending under the platform.

I wouldn't touch Pit's arrows. They are such a great projectile as-is, and they really do rack up some serious extra damage. Dark Pit's arrows definitely don't need any less control then they already have, and I believe they did buff the damage on this last patch.

F-throw in rage (and honestly without rage) is already a ridiculously good option. Just know the character-match up and rack on the extra damage before risking staling the f-throw. Having a forward throw that kills at a good percent already is another blessing for Pit players.

Brotato, it sound's like you want Pit to be meta-knight brawl-like. Let's not wish ban-debates on this guy haha.

Pit's my jam, so seeing buffs will always be awesome. But he is definitely one of the more underestimated characters in this game. He has incredible ground speed and grab options (a deadly combination), and he hits like a mac-truck. His off stage gimping is incredible because of his arrows and the range on his aerials. Pit has sooo many options that other characters just couldn't dream of with their move-sets. It's what makes him so good all around.
I definitely think that most of the issues I see in any of the character 'what needs buffed' threads are people wanting characters to be tailored to their wishes, rather than people tailoring themselves to the character they want to play.

This of course was all just personal thoughts on what I read, so no offense was meant :) Everyone is entitled to their thoughts and opinions, so there is nothing wrong with anything I quoted on this. Again, just wanted to share my thoughts homies![/quote]
Even though you respect my opinion, I'll just explain what I meant for my choices of boredom.

• There's a video with Pit using his arrows on Ryu right in front of him while he's walking, yet nothing damaged him. The hitbox for hi up smash is very specific aswell. That's something that should be fixed with alot of projectiles and characters.
• Upperdash/Electroshock can have their super armor be broker by non-invisibility moves, which makes no sense when it's during its super armor frame time.
• Their uair, utilt, side smash, and fair could lose some lag. Alot of characters could lose some lag to.
• They could be sped up a tad bit when thy hit someone, somewhat the same speed as they move without hitting someone.
• The knockback shouldn't be to high, just a tad bit, like a little little bit, stronger. Dark Pit needs it to be a bit better(along with his tilts in general, especially when it comes to KO'ing on ledge/offstage) in general.
• Power of Flight is like Rosalina and Duck Hunt's recovery, good but can lead to you either getting meteor smashed by someone like Ganondorf, or just a plain old stage spike so fast you can't tech it.
• Still would be awesome.
• GOs were confirmed to be the same speed it's always been, hasn't been buffed yet.
•The dtilt spike could work similar to Little Mac's Dair and not be that effective unless they have a ton of damage to it.
• Think of it having the same amount of damage as brawl with Sm4sh speed slightly slowed down(but not noticable at all). When both arows are turned, the slow down, but when straight, moves fast.
• The midweights are pretty much the same already but would ko 10% quicker, lightweight and heavyweight was just a prediction.

BaeBraham

Coffee and Smash enthusiast
NNID
BaeBraham
3DS FC
4184-3853-8896
Absolutely! That is the point of forums! Respond as much as you would like hombre!

• There's a video with Pit using his arrows on Ryu right in front of him while he's walking, yet nothing damaged him. The hitbox for hi up smash is very specific aswell. That's something that should be fixed with alot of projectiles and characters.
Are you referring to how it doesn't pick people up consistently that are grounded? Or for people who are directly above Pit?

• Upperdash/Electroshock can have their super armor be broker by non-invisibility moves, which makes no sense when it's during its super armor frame time.
The only moves that should break super armor during the correct frames of invulnerability are moves that hit multiple times or have an extensive duration prior to the hit boxes of Pit's side special taking effect. Those are the only type of moves that ever give me trouble.

• Their uair, utilt, side smash, and fair could lose some lag. Alot of characters could lose some lag to.
I feel like Pit's mentioned moveset all have startup lag or endlag on par or better than a majority of the cast. Just going off the frame-data available of course.

• They could be sped up a tad bit when thy hit someone, somewhat the same speed as they move without hitting someone.
I'm not sure which part of my response this is referring too, sorry :(

• The knockback shouldn't be to high, just a tad bit, like a little little bit, stronger. Dark Pit needs it to be a bit better(along with his tilts in general, especially when it comes to KO'ing on ledge/offstage) in general.
I think this one is about tippers, and if so it is a tad bit stronger. Oddly enough it doesn't help Dark Pit very much due to the trajectory of his tilts differing from Pit. So I understand that, but I believe it is just a trajectory problem over a tipper problem.

• Power of Flight is like Rosalina and Duck Hunt's recovery, good but can lead to you either getting meteor smashed by someone like Ganondorf, or just a plain old stage spike so fast you can't tech it.
Just gotta learn to not put yourself in that position. At high level's of play, this isn't nearly as much of a problem. People save their jumps as pit and mix up the recovery to best avoid this problem. I don't know the last time I lost a stock because of this in a tournament, if ever. With enough practice and effort, I'm sure you can eliminate this problem too :D

• Still would be awesome.
Agreed!

• GOs were confirmed to be the same speed it's always been, hasn't been buffed yet.
Dope! I was most unsure of this one because I haven't gotten to look into too much data change since the last couple of patches.

•The dtilt spike could work similar to Little Mac's Dair and not be that effective unless they have a ton of damage to it.
I think meteor spikes are pretty reserved for aerials in this game. And to make this work, the trajectory of the moves would have to be changed completely, changing Pit's meta entirely!

• Think of it having the same amount of damage as brawl with Sm4sh speed slightly slowed down(but not noticable at all). When
both arows are turned, the slow down, but when straight, moves fast.
I loved the arrows in Brawl, but I am a bit more of a fan of them in this one. I personally like the setups they offer quite a bit more. I do miss being able to move with an arrow out, though!

• The midweights are pretty much the same already but would ko 10% quicker, lightweight and heavyweight was just a prediction.
That is understandable, I just think that untouched it is still a fantastic option as is!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Absolutely! That is the point of forums! Respond as much as you would like hombre!

Are you referring to how it doesn't pick people up consistently that are grounded? Or for people who are directly above Pit?

The only moves that should break super armor during the correct frames of invulnerability are moves that hit multiple times or have an extensive duration prior to the hit boxes of Pit's side special taking effect. Those are the only type of moves that ever give me trouble.

I feel like Pit's mentioned moveset all have startup lag or endlag on par or better than a majority of the cast. Just going off the frame-data available of course.

I'm not sure which part of my response this is referring too, sorry :(

I think this one is about tippers, and if so it is a tad bit stronger. Oddly enough it doesn't help Dark Pit very much due to the trajectory of his tilts differing from Pit. So I understand that, but I believe it is just a trajectory problem over a tipper problem.

Just gotta learn to not put yourself in that position. At high level's of play, this isn't nearly as much of a problem. People save their jumps as pit and mix up the recovery to best avoid this problem. I don't know the last time I lost a stock because of this in a tournament, if ever. With enough practice and effort, I'm sure you can eliminate this problem too :D

Agreed!

Dope! I was most unsure of this one because I haven't gotten to look into too much data change since the last couple of patches.

I think meteor spikes are pretty reserved for aerials in this game. And to make this work, the trajectory of the moves would have to be changed completely, changing Pit's meta entirely!

I loved the arrows in Brawl, but I am a bit more of a fan of them in this one. I personally like the setups they offer quite a bit more. I do miss being able to move with an arrow out, though!

That is understandable, I just think that untouched it is still a fantastic option as is!
With the super armor and power of flight parts, I've seen one hit moves that have broken it(not counting Little Mac or any invincibility moves), while one Pit main named Tabboo(not a good Pit honestly, so doesn't really help)was always spiked by alot of people because of it. He'd angle it correctly, but only when they're right next to him, and horribly whenever they're far away(EVO 2015).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My own opinion is that Pit is, for want of a better term, a delicate creature. He's finely-tuned to work well in every situation, to the extent that you can do well with him if you just work on good fundamentals.

I wonder if that's what Sakurai meant when he cited Pit as "below average" in terms of strength. A definite set of strengths and weaknesses can go a long way in terms of character definition: Pit is just kinda content to do his own thing, he is whatever you want him to be, for better or for worse.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
My own opinion is that Pit is, for want of a better term, a delicate creature. He's finely-tuned to work well in every situation, to the extent that you can do well with him if you just work on good fundamentals.

I wonder if that's what Sakurai meant when he cited Pit as "below average" in terms of strength. A definite set of strengths and weaknesses can go a long way in terms of character definition: Pit is just kinda content to do his own thing, he is whatever you want him to be, for better or for worse.
Yes, Pit truly works well with good fundamentals, be doesn't have any "Jank or Cheese". No early kill spikes, no easy combos just chipping away with grabs, jab, dash attack and tilts and it can get frustrating when you die to a brain dead Luigi, or spiked to death at 35% by Captain Falcon its demoralizing

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yes, Pit truly works well with good fundamentals, be doesn't have any "Jank or Cheese". No early kill spikes, no easy combos just chipping away with grabs, jab, dash attack and tilts and it can get frustrating when you die to a brain dead Luigi, or spiked to death at 35% by Captain Falcon its demoralizing
I just interpret matches like that as a push to get better. I relish a good challenge, it forces me to adapt and improve.

I'm pretty content with the way Pit is. I wouldn't be adverse to buffs, of course, but I'm confident in the character he currently is.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
Yeah I really do like playing to get better, and noticing improvement by playing someone and learning the match up

ZobmieRules

Smash Cadet
One thing I haven't seen mentioned here for "desired buffs" is decreased ending lag on aerial side-specials.

It feels as though it's 100 frames long! Why is that necessary? (I've also seen an embarrassing and dishearteningly high amount of Pit stocks been lost at/near 0 because of an instantaneous SD from a failed side-b.)

Last edited:

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
One thing I haven't seen mentioned here for "desired buffs" is decreased ending lag on aerial side-specials.

It feels as though it's 100 frames long! Why is that necessary? (I've also seen an embarrassing and dishearteningly high about of Pit stocks been lost at/near 0 because of an instantaneous SD from a failed side-b.)
A side b right beneath the leadge and you're dead, so fruastrating

ZobmieRules

Smash Cadet
A side b right beneath the leadge and you're dead, so fruastrating
Yup, fail to connect the move anywhere below stage level and it's a guaranteed loss of stock. Even from stage level, you have to mash your jump to barely avoid reaching the killzone, then use PoF to make it back.

Combine that atrocious ending lag with its broken armour and I have a real disliking for this move.

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
Honestly, Brawl arrows would make Pit go into Top 15 at least.

But all I want for the next patch is for Sheik to become the next Greninja. So many characters (not just the chicken nuggets) would benefit from it and her reign of terror would finally end.

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
Honestly, Brawl arrows would make Pit go into Top 15 at least.

But all I want for the next patch is for Sheik to become the next Greninja. So many characters (not just the chicken nuggets) would benefit from it and her reign of terror would finally end.
Yeah hopefully arrows just get a little bitbit more of reduced lag, and the sheik matchup becomes easier for all

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
Sheik nerf is is also because I want to see a certain someone (youallknowexactlywhoimtalkingabout) throw a bitchfit.
Yeah the tier ***** himself, I wish Nairo would just go Sheik to show how free all the sheik mains actually are, the tech skill that Nairo has to far better then most of the sheiks, Vinnie being the only exception

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit's not really held back by Shiek though. Probably one of her move even matchups.

Pit's biggest flaw is KOing in general, and that's part of why things get swingy. Usmash and Fsmash come out very fast and are powerful but even more risky. Usmash could get a bigger finishing hitbox to cover himself, and Fsmash is in desperate need of a shieldstun modifier.

Another thing I'd like to see is Dair getting rehauled to be like, well, PM. I don't like PM's design choices in general, but making it more consistent would go a long ways to making Pit himself more consistent.

You can't just buff Pit willy-nilly either... Marth in Brawl was oppressive as heck because he could throw out double aerials with no penalty. Remove endlag on anything but Uair on Pit and he could fullhop > dair > aerial like Marth used to. Aerial arrows can't get much better or we'd be doing SH arrows and put needles to shame. Guardians need endlag to be noob-proof. Dark Pit's Arm needs aerial endlag or he'll be oppressive to characters like Ike and Bowser.

ZobmieRules

Smash Cadet
Dark Pit's Arm needs aerial endlag or he'll be oppressive to characters like Ike and Bowser.
Only going to reply to this particular bit. There are two variants of ending lag for Pit's aerial side-special. One for connection, one for no connection. Do you think either bit should be changed (from what it is currently)? Shorter? Longer? Fine as is?

Last edited:

Jordanssb

Smash Cadet
NNID
JordanSchroll
Only going to reply to this particular bit. There are two variants of ending lag for Pit's aerial side-special. One for connection, one for no connection. Do you think either bit should be changed (from what it is currently)? Shorter? Longer? Fine as is?
It should be shorter end lag in air, on ground, and when it contacts for both, and the damage/knock back output should be the same when in the air

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The aerial whiff could be made shorter, but too much and characters like Bowser would have basically no recovery options in the matchup. Dark Pit would have basically no risk to use Electroshock offstage if you cut even a third of the lag.

Honestly, I don't think Pit needs major changes. The Usmash and Fsmash changes would be the most meaningful of what could reasonably happen. Dark Pit needs something though... More reward on arrows would be perfect, or being able to pierce opponents and projectiles.

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
The aerial whiff could be made shorter, but too much and characters like Bowser would have basically no recovery options in the matchup. Dark Pit would have basically no risk to use Electroshock offstage if you cut even a third of the lag.

Honestly, I don't think Pit needs major changes. The Usmash and Fsmash changes would be the most meaningful of what could reasonably happen. Dark Pit needs something though... More reward on arrows would be perfect, or being able to pierce opponents and projectiles.
What if DP's arrows were basically a faster but weaker version of the Piercing Bow?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What if DP's arrows were basically a faster but weaker version of the Piercing Bow?
Something like that, but I imagine it'd get a bit of a range reduction too.

There's tons of ways to buff Dark Pit's arrows... For example, making them lightly spike people. Offstage they're much more rewarding and in a juggle there's interesting combo applications.

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
All I want for Pit and DP are some way to make UpB not just a recovering move. The UpB could do what the anime trailer did and have able to do moves out of the UpB and when you do a move it cancels the upward motion. Also for DP to have hitboxes on all of his frames on FAir or shorten to match Pit. I would prefer to have his version of the move to have more hitboxes to make him more different. Anything else is an after thought like having his brawl arrows, I don't really care if it happens but if it does I will take it.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
All I want for Pit and DP are some way to make UpB not just a recovering move. The UpB could do what the anime trailer did and have able to do moves out of the UpB and when you do a move it cancels the upward motion. Also for DP to have hitboxes on all of his frames on FAir or shorten to match Pit. I would prefer to have his version of the move to have more hitboxes to make him more different. Anything else is an after thought like having his brawl arrows, I don't really care if it happens but if it does I will take it.
Canceling Uspecial would be cool, but unless it had "phantom lag" like ZSS's Boost Kick does it'd be pretty OP. And Uair would probably need a launch power nerf...

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
Canceling Uspecial would be cool, but unless it had "phantom lag" like ZSS's Boost Kick does it'd be pretty OP. And Uair would probably need a launch power nerf...
I simply want what was shown in the trailer, with the UpB in something like arrows. I had a thought after I made the post, if this happened that yes that could be OP. Picture the drama of people doing UThrow > UpB > UAir, others would cry about it. I still think it is a cool idea, but they would have to balance it somehow.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I simply want what was shown in the trailer, with the UpB in something like arrows. I had a thought after I made the post, if this happened that yes that could be OP. Picture the drama of people doing UThrow > UpB > UAir, others would cry about it. I still think it is a cool idea, but they would have to balance it somehow.
If Uthrow > Uspecial > Uair were to become a problem then giving Uthrow more endlag would fix it pretty easily.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I don't think that would be much of an issue with uthrow's already minimal hitstun. If anything it would be a really good kill option for pit but not broken, by the time UpB reaches the opponent they can air dodge so it could lead to at most a 50/50 were u read their air dodge or follow their jump with UpB. I wish uair had more kill power though :/

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I don't think that would be much of an issue with uthrow's already minimal hitstun. If anything it would be a really good kill option for pit but not broken, by the time UpB reaches the opponent they can air dodge so it could lead to at most a 50/50 were u read their air dodge or follow their jump with UpB. I wish uair had more kill power though :/
Uair's fine so long as you use your jumps to chase people. I don't think it's impossible to KO somebody like Captain Falcon at 120 in a real match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom