• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Brick wall

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
hey there, well this is my 1st post and have read lots of material here, wha ta great forum place.

Anyways i was jsut wondering that i don't seem to find any BRICK WALL techniques for PIT, you know, repetitvie oves that will drive your opponent crazy, does anybody know?

I'm having my 1st brawl tournament and am a pretty good player, and a potential winner since i beated 2 times the previous tournament winner. However i need to grow stronger, any tips for the brick wall?

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
depending on who you are going up against pits edge game is a brick wall with wing refreshes and multi jumps and what not, but if not his edge game, arrow ****** people can be very frustrating to people

if you wanted something deeper then that tell me

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
depending on who you are going up against pits edge game is a brick wall with wing refreshes and multi jumps and what not, but if not his edge game, arrow ****** people can be very frustrating to people

if you wanted something deeper then that tell me
yes please, do u have any video links or something?

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
I think you mean Wop (wall of pain) anyway take this to the simple question simple answer thread. Fate!! we need youuuu

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Ledgecamping counts as a brick wall.

...and what a wonderful brick wall it is.
Plus if you read his thread one of the first examples of brick walls he gives is pit's arrows.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
sorry, my fault. Maniac is right, i just was not familiar with the term brick wall. Well now that i know what it is, hayang is right in saying that ledgecamping is one, and well, camping in general. I would also like to say that the jab combo could be one, if you are standing on the edge or mid-range from an opponent whos projectile would get canceled by it.

another good brick wall is Full Hop D-air, retread to F-air... it works wonders to do this repeatedly on the ground as the opponent may not know what to do about it even after jumping straight into the Fair a couple times.

Again, sorry for my first post, hope we can all help you properly from this point on!

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
sorry, my fault. Maniac is right, i just was not familiar with the term brick wall. Well now that i know what it is, hayang is right in saying that ledgecamping is one, and well, camping in general. I would also like to say that the jab combo could be one, if you are standing on the edge or mid-range from an opponent whos projectile would get canceled by it.

another good brick wall is Full Hop D-air, retread to F-air... it works wonders to do this repeatedly on the ground as the opponent may not know what to do about it even after jumping straight into the Fair a couple times.

Again, sorry for my first post, hope we can all help you properly from this point on!
Agreed rising Dairs di back a little then forward and fair, it willl keep you out of range of most things and for some reason most people dont see the Fair follow up coming.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Agreed rising Dairs di back a little then forward and fair, it willl keep you out of range of most things and for some reason most people dont see the Fair follow up coming.
Aggressive quick, aerial players will eat this alive. A marth will simply Fair you, or wait for you to come down, shield and Dolphin you.

A Dk can even Powershield rising Dair and Bair you, Twice

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
Aggressive quick, aerial players will eat this alive. A marth will simply Fair you, or wait for you to come down, shield and Dolphin you.

A Dk can even Powershield rising Dair and Bair you, Twice
Of course you cant approach every character the same way, with a marth id advise extra use of the mirror shield, and (shield)grab DK as often as you can, but i say that the FullhopDair->reteating Fair tends to disorient opponents, and many players do not have the aerial prowess to find the small opening between the two attacks and hit you.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
yea doesnt tend to work against chars like meta or marth but it still is pretty effective, i play a lucas a lot that this works pretty well off.... most people dont think to aerial chase you right after

but im sorry i just realized that if we are being completely technical this should be labeled as an aerial trap

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
hmm ok i hear some prety interesting ideas, i got up to the quarter-finals in the tournmet, i id pretty good i'd say, but man i've could done better. I got pretty evenly matched against the tournament host who used a wolf and another link user, i almost beat the m but lost and therefore got dumped out.

Anyways we'll have a tourney next month so i can't wai to shape up.

I'd of course appreciate some videos or anything jsut to kidna get what you guys mean, i'm kidna getting familiar with the terminology here.

ps: i can't believe the're so mnay pit users, in my city i am almost the only one, if any.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
A tp i found out a while ago is that in order to contninungly chaing grab an opponetu sing pit is pressing quicly the buttons. Direction + Z, the quicker you are the harder it'll be to grab. This can work with even mid-weight plaeyrs such as Wolf, Mario, and Lucas.

Some can at least be grabbed up to 2-4 times.

Top Bottom