• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Advice

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I used to use pit, but dropped him a while ago so I could have more time to work on my Kirby skills. I'm starting to regret that decision, and so, while I used to play pit, I'm gonna consider myself a beginner with him. Can I have some general advice? Thanks in advance.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
- Use Arrows. Spam them.

- Your F-Smash and jab are good

- DO NOT GET HIT WHEN YOU USE UP-B.

- Only use Angel Ring on rare occasions

- You can glide.

- Learn to use his throws for setups

- Pit's shield can gimp characters like Kirby and Ike.

- Pit's F-Throw can chaingrab at low percents

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
PIT UPSMASH!

seriously. It's a totally awesome move. Learn how it works, and it's great. You'll hardly ever use it, but it's probably the most awesome upsmash in the game because of how it works. It will blow your mind. Still, you'll hardly ever use it, unless you suck like me.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
PIT UPSMASH!

seriously. It's a totally awesome move. Learn how it works, and it's great. You'll hardly ever use it, but it's probably the most awesome upsmash in the game because of how it works. It will blow your mind. Still, you'll hardly ever use it, unless you suck like me.
Personally, usmash is a pretty meh move but you can do a sliding usmash out of it so its your choice.

Oh yeah, f-tilt is a pretty awesome too, good range, quick speed, and kill move also.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit F-tilt does have range, but comes out slowly compared to many of Pit's other moves, and is somewhat laggy.

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
Pit has awesome meat grinder jab. When I pick up Brawl it is to crush some scrub who thinks brawl is better than melee. I pick up pit and go into my campiest game possible. Only attacks I use are arrows and release grab into jab attack until they get into kill % then a fsmash or bair. It annoys the hell out of them and they call me cheap.

SilentPinoy

Smash Cadet
Don't be afraid to chase after opponents off stage to assure a death. Remember you have more jumps, a glide, and an incredible up B recovery. F-air and especially B-air provide great knockback that can be used multiple times (wall of pain anyone?)

Gl-air has is also a great recovery approach off stage since its box is disjointed, just be careful against other disjointed hitboxes (Sword/Weapon users) and projectiles. Try to aim yourself above the target since you strike well below yourself.

Pit's air game in general is your best bet to a better pit. Juggling with N-airs, Up-airs, and F-airs. The occasional D-air if they are low enough and of course a sweet spot B-air to kill.

His ground attacks for me I find only support his air based attacks. They don't exactly kill at low % but they do have fair knockback. Follow up with arrows and aerial attacks and you'll be juggling them to their demise.

His shield works similar to Mario's cape upon release. It will make the attacker direct their attacks in the opposite direction, at times allowing a surprise counter attack and even better redirecting a recovery attack away from the stage. At this point Pit receives super armor frames (does not get knocked back but retains all damage aimed on), so if he gets hit from behind it won't be completely bad. After this initial release the shield will still reflect projectiles and defend against most melee attacks. Be careful with attacks with an extendable hitbox i.e. Zero Suit's Foward B since it will go through the shield as well as grabs.

Nifty thing about the shield is that it will defend a close range Din's Fire, even from behind (at a certain distance the aftershock hitbox will hit pit)

Since you are a Kirby user you know Kirby is short, so short his normal standing is low enough to miss straight arrows. Don't forget to aim your arrows.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
much has been covered by the angels that have already responded, i would like to add that you should not be afraid to use an arrow or two at close-medium range... camping isnt the only use.

Top Bottom