• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit 2v2 Partner Discussion (Team Discussion 1: Pit with Pit)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Apparently, I was going to make a Pit 2v2 partner discussion for AIB to help contribute since I am a Moderator there, but with the recent Crashing over there, I have to put it in here for now til it comes back up. Besides, there seems to be more Pits around here, and they can contribute much more better here since there are better Pits here than there, so here goes.

Note that the topic name might slightly change due to lack of time atm.

Pit, our amazing young angel, does pretty well against most opponents in 1v1 combat. But what about 2v2s? How well does Pit do in 2v2 combat with particular partners?

In 2v2s, I see Pit being quite the supporter.
-Pit has reflectors and can use it against projectiles. Because I've recently faced a noob who relies on items to win, I will say that Pit's reflectors are good against Item tossers.
-Pit can support his partner from long range with arrows
-Pit doesn't have good KO power, but he does have exceptional edgeguarding and gimping capabilities to make up for that.
-Pit can also rack up damage quickly, obviously.

Here we discuss how well Pit does with various partner, whether it'd be the Powerful Tank-like Bowser, the Broken Metaknight, or even another Pit :)
And consider different options when Team attack is on, since this will greatly change your strategies and your opponents' strategies. This should help against spammy players.

Right now I wish to discuss this Team Discussion since this is the Pit boards after all.

Partner Discussion 1: Pit with Pit
Double Pits! Double the arrow fun, Double the angelic power!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I will start since I recently had a 2v2 as Pit with another Pit player yesterday.

Things to know:

-Pit lacks KO Power, so there might be some struggle against Heavy characters
-Pit may have problems against opponents who have their own reflectors, which will weaken your arrow game.
-Remember that Pit has great edgeguarding and gimping capabilities, so both Pits should know this.
-Should there be noobish players using Items and such, Reflectors can be your best friend.
-You and your partner are both Pit, so you both have the same weaknesses.
-In team attack, Pit and Pit dont do much to each other since they are mediumweight with low KO power and good recovery. You probably wont KO your Pit buddy until he is at around 110% or more.

In this Team of Pit and Pit, it's basically Pit x2.
Remember that Pit has great versatility and such, so you and your other Pit should mix it up. For example: One Pit should have Angel Ring out against projectile spammers, while the Pit behind him jumps up and shoots arrows (If team attack is off, the Pit doesn't have to jump).

As said before, Pit lacks KO Power, and this can be a big problem against heavyweight characters, unless you yourself know how to deal with Heavyweight characters. Consider these options.

-Pit's N-air works really well against larger heavy targets, like Bowser and DK, so this pressuring move is important. Hope that the opponent doesnt have too much Pit experience or he could time a Shieldgrab on you.
-Most Heavyweights have limted recoveries that make them extremely vulnerable. Shoot arrows to eat up their jumps, and against DK, Bowser, Link and Ike, time your Mirror Shield against their Up-B recovery (Also Side-B recovery against Ike) to gimp them if needed.
-Even though this might not happen often in 2v2, but you still have your F-throw chaingrab on heavy chars, especially Bowser and DK, but be careful of Bowser's Up-B.

Both Pits that have great experience with Gimping recoveries with the Mirror Shield will be greatly beneficial to him and his Pit partner. METAKNIGHT IS VULNERABLE TO MIRROR SHIELD GIMPS. Metaknight's Glide attack, Up-B, Side-B, and Tornado Recoveries are vulnerable to the Mirror Shield when timed correctly.

Basically, if you and your Pit partner know the basics greatly, as well as having good experience against your opponent's characters, you can dominate. Use Pit's great gimping and edgeguarding capabilities against your opponent to take your opponents out quicker. Use different Pit combinations depending on your opponent and victory will be yours.

As far as stages go, Pit works well at BF, FD, Lylat, and Norfair. Those are just 4 common stages that Pit is good at. Skyworld could be another, but I dont think Yoshi's Island is a good choice, because of them annoying Shy Guys.

For team attack, Pit is medium and lacks KO power, but has his good recovery, so you shouldn't be affected too much if you get hit by your Pit partner, since you can't KO each other quickly, but do be cautious when you're around 110% or more.

I'd say this team is simply amazing. I can imagine great arrow mindgames, extreme edgeguarding and gimping capabilities, Pressuring combimations, especially with 2 strong Pit players together.

How about you guys? What are your thoughts about the Double Pit combination?

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
Pit is probably one of the best partners in the game.
that being said heres some reasons why:

-Long range support
I cant remember how many times ive decided a match with my arrow support. Pits arrows are fast and are good in 1v1 but in 2v2 arrows are god like. as soon as pits opponent is out of the picture hit your partners opponent with an arrow or 2 and with that half of second of stun it gives your partner a valuable chance to kill the enemy and double team the recovering one.

-Pit is an average character
Since pit has no over all outstanding abilites he has no great weakness either. (except getting hit out of Up-B) since pit is a perfect all around character he can pretty much stand up to any opponent he faces. (except metaknight lol)

Pit shud always and i mean always team with a partner that can kill at 90-100%. In singles is easy for a pit to avoid using his F-Smash and B-air and save it for the higher percents but in teams its harder to conserve your moves without hindering your performane. I usualy team with a lucas and his Up-Smash and Forward smash can kill opponents at 80%.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Since AIB wont let me do a 2v2 matchup before the 1v1 matchup discussion, I do wish for the others to think about this. I'm sure EPF, Rogue, and my new online Pit friend named Sophia (She isnt my girlfriend Corrupt >_<) have been my partner as Pit before, they should know how good this team is.
Sagemoon, as I recall, him and Fear, being a double Pit team before, has experience on this team as well.

Ariel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Late-Edition
3DS FC
0946-2355-0177
Double Pit =

*Double the arrow loop possibilities
*Angel Ring trap
*Trip and Smash possibilities
*One Pit with Arrows and Another Pit with a Mirror Shield simultaneously to gimp recoveries
*Great potential for b-airs after other Pit positions opponent with D-Throw
*One Pit can take care of an opponent gimping the other Pit with his Arrows
*Arrows will work well to stun larger opponents and lead up to a f-smash by team mate.

That's all I've got and yet I've never played with another Pit.

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
I believe with two pits you can do somethign similar to the iceblock locking of ICs, only you can do it over the edge as well.

The method is to fire arrows alternately with your partner at a recoverin foe. Should the first one hit and the second one hit right at the end of the first one's hitstun, the first Pit can again fire another arrow and hit at the end of the second Pit's arrow's hitstun for an off-edge lock. either that or my opponents can't airdodge.

Top Bottom